“Best meal I have eaten in 2017”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #2 of 683 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$21 - US$53
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend after reading the reviews and am beyond happy about that decision. The service is second to none and the quality of food exceeded expectations. If you want to enjoy a high quality steak in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, look no further. Comparable to if not better than many high end steakhouses in the US and the prices are even better than I had hoped. Thanks for a great experience to everyone who took care of us the other night!

1  Thank SturdyWings
Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Chateaubriand was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten! Fantastic service. Beautiful menu and excellent presentation and product. My partner and I will be back soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing amazing amazing place! Incredible mains and excellent steaks cooked to PERFECTION. Absolutely top level food. Staff were attentive, never kept waiting, food brought out promptly.

Nice complimentary snacks before and after the meal. This restaurant puts many others to shame.

Prices are very fair (slightly cheaper than Melbourne) but considered expensive for Thailand; wine expensive though, as seems to be everywhere here.

Will be back again for sure!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Totally unexpected how good this restaurant is! We are from Melbourne the food capital of Australia and this place would not only fit in but climb to the top very quickly.
Beautiful tables, very comfortable leather seats. Subdued lighting giving an ambiance of relaxation and sophistication.
There is a beautiful frame with a bulls head on the table with your name on it welcoming you. The napery, glasses and decanters were a great touch.
The food was sublime. Bring your best appetite. A gorgeous tasty morsel was delivered first along with a selection of different breads served with garlic bread & hummus. We had Beef Wellington (for 2) with 3 sides and choice of several sauces. Deserts all sounded lovely but settled on the classic Creme Brûlée.
The service was fabulous- thank you Chai for making our night.
Looking forward to another visit soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal late July in 2015 and again 2017. It was just as tasty as we remembered and were pleased we visited again. If you are wanting a fine dining restaurant in Patong, this is it. We both had steak and it was cooked to our requests, the sauces were beautiful, although my bernaise was not enough (as I love a lot of sauce) so had to pinch some of my husbands peppercorn sauce. The surroundings are beautiful and I enjoyed the dessert treat at the end.