“Won't recomend”

Ranked #137 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Sacramento, California
“Won't recomend”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My partner booked this. It seemed like an idyllic retreat – a private little bungalow in a garden setting and close to the beach. The reality is it’s more like camping out in a mosquito jungle.
The place is old and poorly maintained, and will be a tear-down. We booked for a month in high season via Agoda and that was not a good move – we ended up overpaying for our laziness!

The Good: Nice clean pool, lovely staff, and only a long block walk to the beach.

The Bad: The property is a Mosquito sanctuary, windows that won’t shut, small room, tiny bathroom with no shower enclosure, water everywhere when you shower, and poorly maintained garden. The curtains don’t block out much light, so it’s hard to get the room dark enough to sleep well. Worst is it’s no bargain, even if it’s considered a value choice. No Wi-Fi in the rooms, unless you want to pay extra.

The Ugly: Sitting outside on the patio requires an anti-mozzie arsenal – Deet, incense type burners and citronella. Luckily the nearby 7-11 had all these things. The hotel offers nothing.

Room Tip: Book a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was home away from home for several years as I kept returning here twice a year.

Until such time I was robbed inside my bungalow early December (2013). The bungalows are poorly maintained (Some with the roof falling apart), allowing the robber(s) to enter through the window, which was found slightly open. This occurred around dinner time while I was at the next resort surfing the Net as it did not work here at Eden (It’s always been off and on). A very large amount of valuable was stolen: Nikon camera and zoom lens, a new MacBook Pro plus lots of cash; a complete clean-up worth approximately 7000 US Dollars! I immediately asked for the police which came onsite and made a report. The MacBook was locked inside my suitcase but somehow the robber(s) managed to open it even though it was locked.

Needless to say that I am totally pissed off about this event and I consider their lack of concern about safety as very serious. All the management had to say is that I should put my valuable in the safe at the reception, which of course is not feasible. Luckily my passport was still there otherwise I would have been stuck here another two weeks. The responsibility of this management is to guarantee the safety of their guests FIRST, they don’t. There is NO excuse WHATSOEVER for this sort of robbery to happen inside the resort, full stop. I must add that I did not take risk of bringing any ‘guest’ of any kind at all during my whole two weeks stay here.

The next day, I still found another window in the bungalow that could be opened from outside! Welcome, please come inside, robbers…. I insisted to have all windows checked and locks replaced as well as the main door lock. I’m sure there are still bungalows in that resort that can easily be broken into through windows. I asked questions to the staff / management / maid and someone implied this could have been an inside job…even more re-assuring indeed… The cleaning staffs are usually pleasant and smiling, but who knows what’s behind that Thai smile? It’s easy to spot what valuables are in the room and pass on information to potential outside thieves. The robbery was fast, they knew what to look for and where the stuff was. Before there were two maids cleaning the room, now only one, why?

After this traumatic experience, every time I was returning to my bungalow at night, I was thinking: ‘what have I been robbed of this time’? I was left with an Ipad which I had to carry with me at all time. I cannot stay in a resort in the constant fear of being robbed.
I requested a special discount at the moment to pay the bill, got 25% off, thanks for that, much appreciated. Unfortunately, this represents only 5 % of my stolen valuables. The bottom line is if you are concerned about safety, forget about this place, it is NOT safe at all, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Inspect your bungalow for safety. Bungalows further in quieter (although the loudspeakers of the mos...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tarjublingue

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is our forth stay at Eden and it was good to be back again. We always get a warm welcome its like visiting family, the service is great, our room a deluxe room is good, basic but everything we need, flatscreen TV, safe, fridge, mini bar, tea/coffee,comfy bed, a/c and fan, plenty of storage (something we didn't get at a bigger resort) the pool and gardens are lovely and always plenty of loungers, great restaurant we eat here a lot, and love the fresh cooked breakfast, so much better than the large buffet breakfasts in large resorts!
This stay was no exception, it is still a great base in Patong for a very reasonable price inc breakfast, in a quiet little corner north Patong away from the hustle bustle but close enough to walk in when you want! close to the beach with everything you need right on your doorstep, 7/11, pharmacy, money changers, massage, tour kiosk etc
One thing I will add is the new nail salon that is now open, Eden Nail Salon located out the front next to the pharmacy, I had Shellac nail polish done, Lilly done a fantastic job and it lasted me 4 weeks, I only just had it taken off at home, its a lovely little quaint salon and very professional, highly recommend using it if you need a manicure/pedicure, or any nail /hand treatments, very relaxing and great service
thank you once again Eden staff and management for another fantastic stay, we will be back next year again :)

Room Tip: Deluxe or pool view rooms are best
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I like this Hotel i felt we are at home. so near to beach and not so far from Bangla Road I will come back again.
Staff are so friendly .swimming pool is so nice .the location in Phuket Island is perfect.
I suggest to them that it is better they renovate bathrooms and toilets.
By the way I find this hotel by tripadvisor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Quiet, nice bungalows nested off a suburban street far enough from the crazy part of Patong to still be quiet but not too far either. Pretty average, but good value for the money if you want a bungalow.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Floyd M
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Walking distance from the beach and the main areas within Patong. Bungalows are average with the bare minimum inside them, includes A/C in the rooms. Breakfast is fairly basic (eggs at request, toast, coffee, juice, pancakes). Free wifi at reception area. Location is good except for the fact that there were 4 power failures in the evenings out of the 6night stay. Power cuts last approx and hour each.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Yusuf B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This hotel is not luxurious. It could do more to modernise its rooms and improve its breakfast. BUT, it is also the perfect place to stay in Patong. It is quiet and away from all of the mayhem, but still only 3 minutes walk from the beach. The staff and very friendly and helpful, and Otto and his team go out of their way to make you feel at home. There is a lovely atmosphere and vibe, and you cannot help but enjoy your stay. This was my second time staying here, and we brought friends with us who loved it too. If we go back, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for the bigger bungalows - they really are not very different at all f...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends