“Nice spot”

Ranked #29 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Australia
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

A bit out of town but I think that's a good thing. The private pool was great. Decent breakfast if you want to walk down the hill. The villas are very very nice. The only downside was that the van only takes people into and out of town a couple of times a day forcing you to get taxis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
IndoChine R, General Manager at IndoChine Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

We are delighted to know that your stay experience has been positive.

Our Resort currently provides free shuttle to and from Patong Beach 4 times daily, starting after breakfast time. We intend to increase the frequency of these services soon.

We appreciate your time in sharing your reviews and certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

If there is anything I can personally do to assist you in future, please do not hesitate to drop me a note at amrish@indochine-group.com.

IndoChine Resort & Villas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
albi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I booked IndoChine online and choiced the premium one. It has 84 m2 and was very impressive for us to see this oceanfront room with big pool & jaccuzi. The shuttle bus is convenient enough to go to downtown area and people at frontdesk are very friendly. Despite of the broken telephone and noisy air conditionner system in the night (we end up with using the traditional fan on the top...^^), the overall experience deserve 4 stars and even above.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for the first half of our honeymoon and we found this hotel absolutely fantastic!
We ordered a room with its own private pool, which also comes with its own spa and were not disappointed at all. not only did we have the two swimming points there's two big glass doors that open up from your living room to help take the amazing view of the city and ocean in.
The staff had decorated our room lovingly for our arrival on honeymoon, with petals and towels set up as a love heart on our bed. The rooms are amazing with huge shower and big beds.
My only criticism would probably be the bed is on the hard side, in saying that we slept perfectly and the hotel we went to afterwards also had a hard bed.
Breakfast was rated average, however not bad but you cant complain when its free for your stay. I also enjoyed the gym which is on the top floor of the hotel with an even better scenic view of Patong and surrounding ocean. There are also seating up there for guests to enjoy and another pool. they also offer a shuttle service down to Patong for free, 4 times a day with 4 returns a day also.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Definetly book a room with a private pool - Highly reccomend
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights in total..
2 nights in the 2 bedroom private pool villa, and 1 night at the oceanfront suite.

The check in was done swiftly, I would comment that this villa is a choice for many Singaporeans..almost all the guest we've heard (accent haha) around are Singaporeans.
Some of the staff sounded like Singaporeans too.

The villa was gorgeous though abit pricey for Phuket standards.. S$560 for per night with breakfast.
It was located up a super steep slope but you can get the buggy to drive you up or down to your villa/reception...or you can drive your rented car up where there are several car parks.
The villa itself was really spacious, it's like a waste to only have 4 people stay in it. :P
The kitchen was well equiped, microwave, stove, oven, coffee machine, juicer etc..
Overall, everything was perfect, the pool compared to those we have in capella are well maintained.. no leaves or dirt. I would really recommend you to book the villa.. I even brought my own hammock and tied it by the pool! :)

The suite is located beside the reception. Thus, you dont have to ride the buggy, unless you want to go to the communal pool which is halfway up the slopes.. The suites have a nice view of the Patong beach but you also get to see those pesky wires because it's not located high enough. The room was really spacious as well. I would comment that the bed was gigantic.
The only thing I didn't like about the room was the Jacuzzi. It was an outdoor jacuzzi, it looked somewhat like a place you would find mozzies laying their eggs... and it was freaking cold! The surrounding area of the suite has lots of plants and it was raining every other day.. so it was abit shabby looking.

The location of Indochine is about 15mins away from the Patong town(jungceylon, Bangla street), hotel to town is 300baht if you call the taxi from hotel (non nego), I think from Jungceylon to hotel you can bargain abit.. then hotel to airport is 950baht, takes about 45mins.
The hotel also provides free shuttle that runs at 11am, 4pm, 8pm if I am not wrong.
Breakfast was so-so, and starts at 630AM, end at 1030AM. Room service for food is not 24hrs, so stock up your fridges and buy food back to your place.

Feel free to pm me :)
I definitely recommend the villa with private pool :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank batengtengteng

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at one of IndoChine's 3 bedrooms Villa during the Songkran period and it was easily one of the best experience I've ever had. The villa we stayed in had a stunning view of the Andaman Sea which we could view all day from the comfort and privacy of our plunge pool. My friends and I could easily stay in all day as we lounged on the sunbeds with drinks in hand. The 3 bedrooms were comfortable and spacious, as well as the living room. Service is impeccable at this resort; whatever that we needed was promptly delivered to us within reasonable time, whether was it extra towels from the housekeeping team or room service.. Front office staffs were hospitable and friendly too; and our every need was met with graciousness and genuine hospitality. Would like to give a special mention to Daniel, who made sure everyone was happily tipsy at the hotel's pool party event as well as to Conceirge's Wirote, who gave us so much help during our stay when we wanted to book tours or just get an idea of the best place to visit or to eat at around Phuket.. He is the guy to go to when you're there. Overall, fantastic hotel with memorable and genuine service, would definitely recommend this to my friends! Already looking forward to my return... :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
IndoChine R, General Manager at IndoChine Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 16 June 2014

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I would not want to stay anywhere else anymore in this region of Phuket. Of course if you don't care about staying too close to Patong go somewhere else. But there with the infinity pool, looking at the firerworks inpatong bay, on the nice outdoor patio is priceless !! with friends or family (no young kids though) it is very nice. room service is really good too (but that's normal food in thailand is good).
Rooms were not cleaned every day but not to worry about. It is a slightly older property also but not a huge deal. It was a good/fun trip as expected for a stag week in Thaliand !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is my 4th time visiting phuket and my first staying in a 4room villa
1) i was quite amused about the tub in the middle of the 1st floor living room. It was empty. Was it for display, fish tank or a bath tub?
2) All the rooms were fine except 1 room on the 2nd floor, the red dressed female portrait scared the hell of me and so was all of my 7 friends. The lving room 2 other portrait are as scary.
3) Infested by bugs, i understand that raining season these bugs will crowd the lights. So why did you have sucha open concept living room on the 1st floor?

Thus we called the reception at 4am and wanted to change the villa but the guy at the reception kept saying there are no more rooms which all have been fully booked and asked us to call again tomorrow morning. What service is this? i insist to move out by today and he told me there is 1 3bedroom villa and will ask someone over to pick us up, we waitied for 30mins, nobody came over and we had to walk down the hill with our luggage drenched. It was raining for goodness seek. My friend even skited the motorbike when we move off from the reception. If we didnt have to move in the middle of the night with the rain non of this would had happen. We even had to pay the damage of 3500 baht for the motor when we return it.

The guy at the reception said he will ask people to check on the villa after we complaint. about 30mins or so we waited in the reception with no towels provided, no hot tea or water despite seeing us wet. afterwhich we were transported to the 3 room villa after we inspected it was comfortable to stay in. We even requested for 2 more extra beds at no additional cost and the recption guy agreed and only send 1 extra bed which he mention there is no more beds at the moment. Sucha big hotel you do not enough extra beds? He wanted us to call again tomorrow to request again. Fine, since we need to replenish our sleep we will do with it and nobody sleep in the basement room which has no windows but 4 walls. i think your concept of the rooms are all wrong. thus 4 pax to each room on the 1st level.

The next morning we called to request the 2 more extra bed but was tolded that they can only provide 1more whereby there is 2 extra bed sitting outside our main door. Nevertheless, we do not want to spoilt our 2nd day arguing.

When we checked out at 18 may 2014 about 1.30pm. The reception charged us 2 nights for the 4room villa which we did not even stayed. we told them to charge 1 unhappy night to the 4room and 1 night to the 3room which is fair but they charged us the extra beds. We argued very long which on the otherhand had to head to the airport. if we missed out flight, would your hotel compensate?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Baoxian
IndoChine R, General Manager at IndoChine Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your second review.

I have noticed that you have already submitted a review of your experience on Trip Advisor on 20th May 2014 to which I have already provided an explanation. You have also sent me two emails, first to inform me that you will tell everyone not to stay at our Resort, and the second to ask for a monetary compensation, to which I have already replied with explanation.

You can rest assured that I have taken note of your 2 reviews.

Once again, kindly accept my sincere apologies.

Kind Regards,