“Great location, Nice Hotel, Average Service”

Rayaburi Hotel Patong
Ranked #144 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Great location - few minutes walk away from patong beach, 15-20 minutes walk to bangla street and junceloyn. Along the way, there're many stores lined up as well. Stayed in the Superior Room, really love the bathroom, ensuit with a bathtub and separate rain shower. Staffs were not friendly at all, need to learn to put a smile on their face. Massage parlours and 24hr convenience store nearby. Everything is good, except for their frontline service. Breakfast was just average as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tjuney
There are newer reviews for Rayaburi Hotel Patong

Reviewed 22 November 2011

It might not be the best hotel available in Patong, but I will give it an Excellent score as my first stay in this hotel was just excellent.

I stayed for 2 nights at the end of October 2011. The wing that we booked were under renovation so the hotel gave us Deluxe room on 2nd floor. We worried that lower floor will be very noisy, but in the end none of the worries bother us. We went in to the room, it's well maintained, no smelly furniture or bathroom.

Bathroom was clean, no broken stuffs. however the bath tub where the shower is only has curtain to prevent water goes into the room (bathroom and living room separated by wooden window), and no curtain on the other side. causing the bathroom wet all over the place, not sure if you can ask for more moveable curtain but we didn't.

The location is very close to the beach (less than 5 minutes), and only 5-10 minutes walk to the main street in Patong called "Bangla". Short walking distances to road side seafood restaurant as well.

The hotel didn't provide comb, but that didn't matter since u can get it somewhere nearby just for 25 baht. Complimentary water tastes pretty weird but didn't cause us any problem at all. Lift pretty small and slow, during peak period there might be a waiting (i stayed on second floor and I can just use stairs).

We left the hotel pretty early, so no one bothering us to vacate the room so early. But saw some review mentioning this happened to them. (FYI, in Phuket/Krabi they can just ask you to vacate the room at check out time as the other guest is coming --Kinda Rude IMHO--).

Well, as a result, nothing (really nothing) to complain if you don't expect 5 star hotel service / amenities. Definitely I will use this hotel again for my next visit. the best location IMHO.

Room Tip: Higher floor might be nicer, but there will be waiting on lift during peak period.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kebosatu
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel is located just 2 mins walk from the beach. Rooms are very clean, spacious and well planned. The toilets are also very clean. Staff very friendly. The jacuzzi and the sauna on the roof is the added advantage.
Due to vacancy was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite at the cost of a 3 bed single room (which was our original booking).
a 24 hour open general store right next to the hotel also to an advantage.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rahul A
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The staff is nor really friendly.Had a lot of problems with electricity in our room, The conditioner didn't work. If you want to sleep on the nights its a wrong hotel to do this, each night were noises like somebody fighting, shouts. One day when we found a few hours for relaxing, the staff came to our room to perform pesticides for mosquitoes, Unreasonable.The breakfast is terrible. The pool is very small, the Jacuzzi was never worked.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pavelg84
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I'm going to check out in 2 hours time. Basically this hotel is alrite, except the manager, his name is "Oh" made me felt like I was a begger to him...

First of all, I know this is not a international 4-5 star hotel, so i dont expect any friendly bellboys. The manager "Oh", simply stand beside the door watching me holding the door with my lef hand while moving my big luggage into the hotel on my right hands. Next, instead of greeting and check in for me, he showed me an ugly face and asked " what you want!" and well... Follow by an argument and he blamed me for wrong booking reference. ( I booked the hotel directy through the reservation Director of RAyaburi Group, and I have the cofirmatiom voucher with the reference number! How could it be my fault??)

I don't wan to mention the details o argument. in the end of conversation, he was sneering and scolding me in Thai to his colleague in front of me!! ( I could understand alittle bit)

I think I had enough of his bad attitude and I just don't want to continue any argument anymore...

There are plenty of similar hotel nearby,I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone as this is one of the worst hospitality I ever seen. Thanks to Mr Oh! You have totally ruined my day!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank bernicetan
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Rayaburi is a mid range comfortable hotel located on the northern side of patong beach, one street away from the beach. While it might look average from outside, the room are very aesthetically done. nice clean spacious rooms, dark wooden furnishing and great bathrooms. We too a quadrupedal room for 2400 bht incusive of breakfast ( off seson rates). The hotel consists of two wings, and the swimming pool was in the next wing so never got a chance to use it. But the rooftop jacuzzi more than made up f0r it. The only thing is since you can't book it, you have to be lucky to find it empty. They have a bar on the rooftop, but i guess because it was off season it was shut. The only annoying thing was that the room looked out into the roof of a workshop area and we could see the kitchen downstairs. Not a very pleasant view for a holiday on the beach. Good spread for breakfast though. it's about a 5-7 minute walk from Bangla road. Having stayed at Patong before i can say while its may not be the best, Rayaburi is a safe bet for a mid-range hotel.Want a sea view, shell out a bit extra for a hotel on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel during 28-30 mar 2011. reached the hotel at around 12pm but my room was not ready yet. we promptly checked into the rooms slightly past 1pm and was warmly greated with a cosy room with an open concept walk-in bathroom! complimentary wifi was a god-send considering that even other slightly more expensive hotels charge guests for wifi service. had dinner at the hotel restaurant on the second night, the food and especially the cocktails tasted fantastic! an improved variety of food for breakfast will definitely go a long way in making this hotel a winner in patong!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple