“great location and great value”

Rayaburi Hotel Patong
Ranked #137 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“great location and great value”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. we search hotel which have 4 bed in one room and we found Rayaburi Hotel Patong. at first, when we saw the picture of hotel, we expect they have a car lobby with terrace and high ceiling, so we're quite surprise that this hotel is actually right besides the street.
they has small garden in the front of hotel, with small statue like gnome but it's soo cute, always bring smile on our face. they has small fish pool, which i always feed with the bread from the restaurants on breakfast.
the hotel lobby is nice, with all golden color and shine and ornament, oh ya don't forget they has small dog statue as well besides the door, it's cute, even not match the lobby theme.
ok enough with the lobby, when we register our room, it's easy and simple process, they give us welcome drink while waiting. after all registration done, the staff show us the room, please note that the lift is quite small and sometimes it stuck. we're 4 girls average Asian size with 4 cabin size baggage and 4 hand luggage and 1 staff and it's hard to breath. but no worries since we're still exciting on our holiday. on the other day we found that the lift is stuck, when we push the close button, it wont close, and we have to push a few more time.
the room was actually 2 twin room with connecting door open. 1 room is bigger than another. 1st room, has bath tub and shower, but no curtain, so when we use the shower, the water will splash bathroom floor. no problem with hot and cold water. 2nd room, the bigger one, has no bath tub, only glass room with shower, and it can only give hot water (36 deg Celsius) and cannot get cold water. each room has 2 big mirror for make up so we're all happy. the air conditioning work to well on 2nd room, so we wake up freeze every morning. but it's good for the hot day after sunbathing on the beach.
location is just perfect, very near to the beach, to bangla road, to Jungceylon.
oh ya, they have jacuzzi on the roof top garden, and sauna, and good view, we saw 3 rainbow during our stay.
for breakfast, the variation is not much, almost everyday they serve same menus, thai noodle with seafood, baked bean, potatoes, ham, chicken sausage, pancake, french toast, only 1 day they serve mash potatoes and rice over chicken puree (weird taste).
one day we cannot make it to breakfast because we have to go in the early morning, the pack us breakfast including variety of croissant, bread, butter and jam, chicken sausage, apple, orange, and plain milk, very nice of them.
they change the towel every day, even we're not asking for it, we put the towel on the trail not in the floor, but they keep changing it.
on the last day, we're asking for computer rental since we need to transfer some data and we didn't bring laptop or anything, the manager give us access to front office computer at loft wing receptionist area. it was very helpful thanks to Mr. Sam (if I'm not mistakes), overall i love to stay at this hotel as it properly cleaned, the staff was helpful, the location is perfect, and it's not cost us a lot

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank anitiya virli R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The location is perfect and only 3 mins away from the beach and walking distance to amenities around Patong.

The loft wing is a stone throw away from the main building, there is no staff or lobby at the loft wing, there were one day we hang the room service tag on the door knob but our room were not cleaned.

There is also no sea view in the loft wing, because another building had blocked it. You can only see an old building in the midst of demolishing.

The swimming pool at the loft wing is a turn off, i would say it is still in construction. It may have a better one at the main building.

The breakfast was average.

The room is clean and nice, satisfied.

The bed is very hard and not good quality.

Overall I will give 4/5 to this hotel, a pleasant stay, and will recommend to my friend and would consider to stay next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tan K
london
Reviewed 2 March 2012

i am currently staying 2 nights, on my last night here and i feel compelled to write a review to hopefully help anyone considering this hotel...i stayed in room 210.

good points:
- the superior room (one with open room with bath) is lovely! better then i expectated and was a great surprise.
- price paid through agoda got the cheapest and it seemed reasonable for the high Tripadvisor rating, the pictures and location.
- location 10-15 minss from Bangla road depending which you walk to it.
- beach literally 3 minutes walk.
- bath is vey deep (bring bath foam) and walk in shower with rain shower head.

now the bad points:
- the room door has missing latch to ensure no one can just open the door even with a key. have had in another hotel room maid walked in whilst sleeping. embarrassing!
- you can hear the TV in the next room as well as the conversations so i can imagine vice versa, iso bare that in mind what kind of noice you make or they can make to keep each other awake during the night.
- my shower when i checked in to my room was luke warm, barely hot, just bareable to stay in for a wash. bathtub was the same, but little bit warmer but no way can you fill a tub and stay in for longer then 10minutes without it being cold.
to rectify it, i was advised i should move the leaver back and forth until i find the hot water point. seriously, you do not come to a hotel to tweaak with the leaver to just have a shower!
- wifi is a a big issue of discontent! really annoyed about this as i booked specifically knowing it has free wifi so i can use it to plan and book my onward trips!

IF WIFI IS SOMETHING THAT BORDERS IMPORTANT DONT STAY HERE.

to some its not, so you wont care. this was my biggest issue about this hotel, since i spent hour waiting after arrival rang them to say i cannot get internet even though i get the wifi reception. but i was told turn laptop off and on, told use another laptop (lol like i carry 2 with me), eventually after 4 phonecalls they asked me to come downstairs to reception. they wouldnt and couldnt send a person to my room!
apparently, the server keeps dropping, they have 4, and they have to restart it to make it work and if lucky it will work. but seriously not the kind of service and issue you expect from a place that charges around £50plus for a night!
- oh and the tv eventually showed image after 10minutes of just the sound and when it did show, it was alot of snow for majority of the channels.

so, whilst the room is top spec, lobby beautiful, bed was ok, the little things like hot water, room security, access to internet and general eagerness to rectify problems is poor!

whilst writing this review internet went down again! thats 15minutes by the hotel standards it seems standard.

wouldnt stay here for the money i paid, can stay in much better i am sure. otherwise disregard my review if internet, tempramental hot water, room security is not a huge issue.

hope this has been useful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank zakmillion
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Hotel was good for a three star hotel and rate is reasonable. Location is near the beach. The only problem is breakfast is same everyday. We ate same food for our three days stay in this hotel. Jacuzzi is good but sauna is very small. Can only fit two small person. The tiles is very slippery. Loft wing lobby has no person in the counter. The phone is useless when calling cause nobody answering at the counter. Just as expected from a 3 star hotel. Staff not friendly. We did not feel like we are treated as a guest.

Room Tip: Choose the higher rooms floor. Loft wing rooms are quiet compared to near the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Yodah M
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I visited Phuket last year with my wife and stayed at Rayaburi Hotel. It is a very nice hotel very near to the Patong beach. The beach and the Bangla Road are just 5 minutes walk away. Still the hotel is free from any noice and madness of Bangla Road :) It had all the regular features and facilities of a good 3 star hotel. The room was a bit small but clean and well managed.

In the end I will just say that its an absolute value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really loved this hotel. I'd read a few of the other negative reviews after I'd booked and was a little worried, but decided to give it a shot anyway. I booked the standard room and requested the airport transfer. The airport transfer was great... they were there waiting for me, and I had a very easy, stress free ride to the hotel. The front dest staff was really helpful my entire stay. My room was extremely clean, with an enormous bed and very quiet. I had no problems with noise, sewer smells or any of the complaints other reviewers had. I'd ordered room service once and the food was in my room with in less than 10 minutes, hot, fresh and delicious. If you're winding down at night, there were around 85 TV channels in different languages, catering to many of their guests. The beers in the mini bar were actually cheaper than the beers in most of the bars. The hotel is in a great location about a block from the beach, and about a 5 minute walk to Bangla Road. I was a solo traveler and felt completely safe in the area. Since i'm generally only in my hotel room to shower and sleep, I found this to be the perfect budget lodging. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the standard room #411. I think I barely heard fireworks one night, but even then it wa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank vendakinney
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed in Superior Room.This hotel is perfectly located close to Bangla Rd and Beach. Its a value for money for the price. Perfect for someone who doesnt want to spend much time in the hotel. Th staff was nice and always smiling as opposed some of the reviews saying unfriendly staff. The breakfast was ok.

We stayed in pool villa and a studio before this...comparing to them it lacked any thing but was perfect for our requirement as we were out most of the time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple