“GREAT LOCATION BUT NOISY.”

Rayaburi Hotel Patong
Ranked #204 of 333 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 19 April 2014

ARRIVAL: Taxi from airport to hotel cost THB500 Thai Baht.
POSITION: Very good position with shops all around the hotel - 2 minute walk to beach. Layabouts available on the beach for rent at BHT100 per person for the day.
The open bar directly across the road has an open license until 2am but went on to past 4am and the live music was extremely loud and the only night we could sleep well was when the power went off at about 12.30am for the rest of the night.
FOOD: Breakfast was ok but you could not compare it to any of the better resort hotels.
The BIG C supermarket which is about a 20 minute walk away is a great place to
purchase everything you need including food and bottles of wine and beer at very good prices. Wine is very expensive in the restaurants.
ROOMS: Rooms on the street side (in the main building) have balconies and face directly onto the street - very noisy.
There are only 4 floors in the hotel. The hotel is divided into 2 sections and the second section is about a 2 minute walk away further up the street. There is a spa pool on the top floor of both buildings but there is only 4 lay abouts to accommodate guests. Quite a small area in both locations.
GENERAL: There is a Novotel hotel within walking distance from our hotel and we had a few very nIce meals there. There is another Novotel further away but it is on the side of a very steep hill and you need a buggy transfer to get up to reception every time.
TOURS: Shop around as there are plenty of tour operaters who will give you a great discount. Don’t miss the Cashew Nut Factory as you will really be amazed how these nuts grow and the amount of labour that goes into producing just one cashew nut.
We did enjoy our stay and had a great time as all the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Nice hotel but it is not as good as it appears in the photographs from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelguy1944

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel is near the beach around 5 minute walk. The room is average but well kept. The toilet is clean. The breakfast spread is not good, few choices and taste is very dull. There are bars near the hotel so the area might be tend to be noisy at night. But the music cannot be hear inside the room though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Although this place is central to town there are a lot nicer and cheaper hotels. This was convenient for our stay at the time but we were looking forward to moving. The staff were friendly and were willing to help in anyway they could. The complimentary water they give you in the glass bottle ensure they stay I'm your room as we were not informed of this and they wanted to know where it was!! The room was adequate but we could hear people next door banging constantly. The music on the street is loud. The bath is big and difficult to get into so if you have mobility problems you would struggle. When having a shower there was no shower curtain so you end up making your own swimming pool in the bathroom which becomes dangerous!!! Breakfast was poor on the occasion that we had it we had toast as the selection was very greasy. Room service was quick but the food was awful and my friend became ill as that is all we ate that day. Overall the staff were good but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank calmer
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked this hotel with my husband. The booking included our transfers. The hotel is in a very good location - less than 5 minutes from the Patong beach(although we hired a bike an and went to Lamsing beach which we preferred) about 10 minutes from bangla road. The staff was very friendly and the room was kept clean. Although it is quite close to nightlife it was very quite. Overall I am very happy with this hotel and will book it again if I go again to Phuket

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here on our first few nights in Phuket. We had a deluxe "sea view" room with a very small balcony. You could see about 2 inches of sea if you cranked your neck to the right but mainly you could only see the fans below (which could be noisy) and the bar across the road which was very noisy. If you are a light sleeper, don't have the front rooms. I found the noise ok and slept absolutely fine. The rooms are nicely presented and have everything you need including free wifi. The breakfast is ok to grab something small. It's not western enough for my taste but they have croissants, toast and sometimes pancakes. The location is a real plus for me, just 1/2 mins walk to the beach. The staff on reception are very sweet and helpful. I would say its just about the right price for what you get and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mrsclairemackay2011
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We paid a little extra to get a little extra but no. Check in first room the aircondidion was almost dead, after 1day we get a new one little bit better. The breakfast is a total disaster, and so are the stuff that work there i not see anyone smile or do something for the customers. Room are dirty and the staff who work with this is also very lasy, they not change on the bed every day. And the rate for this room 2900,-thb does not match absolutely no value for money. I have been around many places in thailand for the last 10 years so i have many hotels to compare with. So my advice is DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kjell L
Reviewed 7 January 2014

we stayed at the hotel the start of Jan 2014, and we took what we thought was the better room it had what was supposed to be a balcony, which it was only by the definition of the word, it is way to small to be useful. Also if is right off the street where the bars across the road blast music all night I could not a get a good night sleep my whole time there. And when I complained to the Manager he only offered a less room that's was located on the other side of the hotel, it was quieter but had NO WINDOWS, who wants to stay in a cave? I was give no room discount and could not leave to go to another hotel because of the cancellation policy. I was not at all happy with this hotel do not believe all the positive I don't know what hotel they are writing about but it could not be this one. Oh ya before I forget the beds are rock hard every bone in my 33 year old body hurt every morning, the hotel almost ruined my trip.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple