“Diving”

Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thailand Divers has been training new and experienced divers for over 10 years. Phuket is a fantastic place for new divers to take there PADI Open Water Diver course - learn to dive in 3 days. The dive centre is located on the West coast of Phuket - close by the best diving locations in Thailand. Scuba Diving Day Trips. PADI Diving courses. Liveaboards to the amazing Similan Islands - and much more.
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Simon is great to deal with one e-mail or one phone call it's that easy the day trip was very professional run my dive guide Hope was super nice picked up and dropped of to my hotel the diving was fantastic and the food was even better highly recommended from someone who has done over 1000 dives

sim700, General Manager at Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thanks for the feedback. Its nice to hear from someone as experienced as yourself. There is one great theme running through many comments. The food. I agree the chef on the boat is first class and the boat food is amazing. Thanks again for your comments. we all do our best to make it as simple as possible from start to finish. Thanks again.

All reviews
"bon"
"briefing"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Great place to dive with both as and advanced diver and a beginner. I did my first open water dives here with Corey and he was fantastic. He did a great job of going through the necessary skills in an interesting manner while still showing us the dive site. He also takes amazing photographs underwater and offers them for a very reasonable price. The food on the boat as well as the staff were both great. Great experience overall and highly recommend!

1  Thank irawn20

Hi there. Thank you for the great review and for the great feed back on Corey who with over 30 years experience as an instructor is really first class. I agree with you the food is excellent and better than many hotels. Congratulations on your course and you are most welcome to dive with us and Corey anytime.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I would rate my experience as horrible because of many unexpected things that happened on the trip. so for any future person considering going on this boat here are some things to think about.

1.) Bring your own food. They say they provide breakfast but the options are quite limited and not super appetizing. Also, I found a chunk of egg shell in my scrambled eggs and that started my morning out rough. The lunch options didn't sound good either.

2.) Ask for a life jacket at the beginning. They gave some people life jackets but not the rest and that was definitely a bad decision as the waves tossed and turned us like crazy and we could have fallen off the boat.

3.) Make sure your dive instructor trains you while you are traveling over to the island. If he doesn't than most likely he will screw you over and only let you get one dive. (speaking from experience) He never even asked me if I wanted to do my training while we were riding over. I felt so jipped. Also, he tried to talk me out of diving at least 3 times. (I thought that was super unprofessional).

4.) If you can tell the weather is bad the day before... make sure to CANCEL your trip. After they told me that I could of canceled by 6pm the day before. (how was I suppose to know? ???) but I highly recommend not going on a rainy day. It ruined the whole experience and no one will do any thing for you because they don't care as long as you pay the money.

5.) Also, everyone will be smoking on board. I personally thought it was a bit pathetic that the crew members went to ridiculous lengths to smoke in the rainy weather. so if you can gag the smell of smoke then enjoy.

6.) I also thought it was very odd that under water my instructor didn't seem to care much about me. He was too busy taking pictures of sea life but then wanted to charge me extra afterwards for them.

so it's up to you. Those were my concerns with this trip.

3  Thank ctelly118
ThailandDiving, Manager at Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Hi there. Thank you for sharing what you felt went wrong. By the sound of it the main issue was the weather but I will address by numbers the same order as your points.

1. The food is as many people say very good quality and many do mention this. Ok I can say a bit of eggshell in the scrambled egg is not perfect but even in a top restaurant mistakes can happen..

2. As to the life jackets they are freely available for all. Just need to ask. Yes there was some waves but the big boats are designed for the monsoon season too. Yes it was not flat sea and blue sky but we can not control the weather.

3. For the Discover scuba diving we do as much of the training as possible on the way out but if people are feeling ill then we can not train them until the boat arrives in the bay as we need to have peoples attention and be sure they understand the training. Diving without proper training is very dangerous. The discover scuba diving is a 2 dive day anyway. What both the tour leader and instructor said was that if you are not well then better not to dive. Being sick underwater is not nice for anyone even experienced instructors. Its easy to spit out the regulator and it takes a very cool head to recover the regulator again while being sick. This for a non certified diver is very dangerous. To take anyone diving who is not 100% will be plain crazy. If I had found instructors taking people diving if they were being sick before the dive into the sea for any training at all then I will be concerned. So by saying may be the next dive is not a good idea ( if you were not well or not looking well) was a good move from a safety point of view.

4. As to canceling before 6pm this is on the booking form and online too. As for wanting to dive on a sunny day then sure we all want this. Normally in Thailand from november till May is calm sea and blue sky but we can in the tropics have a rainy day or two that just comes out of the blue. There is not much we can do about the weather. All trips is we know before 6pm the day before can be moved to another day so if its looks like rain then we can move to the day or twos time no problem. Just a simple phone call or email and its fixed.

5. As to smoking the smoking is only allowed in the upper area and not in the saloon area at all. The upper area thats open air is for smoking as many customers smoke too which is why to be fair they can only smoke upstairs.

6. Many people like photos of their day diving. They like photos of them diving and the things they see underwater. Its far better photos if the instructor takes them as they have you in them and their cameras and skills are normally much better photos. Its just something most people like.

So all I can say really is sorry about the weather but that is not anything we can control. Then as to the eggshell I can only say sorry for that but cooking on a boat is not as easy as in a normal kitchen and if the waves were as big as you say then that makes cooking even harder. The diving in the sun is so much better but some days even in Thailand it can rain and have a sudden thunderstorm. But the boats here are all big boats that are more than safe in these conditions.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Thank you Simon at Thailand Divers for having arranged our trip faultlessly after having a failed diving experience with another service provider. Your attention to detail was most welcomed and look forward to another great experience through Thailand Divers at the end of this year. We have dived in Thailand now for the 5th time and can strongly recommend the diving sites offered.

1  Thank Gary M