Open today: 10:00 - 20:30
Review Highlights
Best Dives EVER!!!!

Thailand Divers is a first rate organization. We dove Mon/Wed/Fri three dives per day. We were... read more

Reviewed 9 December 2018
Mrsknsknskn
Oxnard, California
via mobile
Nervous but amazing

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at thailand divers I had never done anything like... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
jason d
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Patong
from US$5.79
from US$48.00
from US$35.54
More Info
All reviews dive master these guys boat crew gear safety organisation dove owd phil
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

From the start we wanted to visit Similan islands but didn't have enough time to spend night on boat. Diving second time with this company - one day trip with 2 dives. Just came back from the Koh Bon (Sunday dive), it was truly great and enjoyable. We managed to see many manta rays and the dive conditions were perfect. Great life time experience. As well many thanks for the Russian dive guide- Eugeniy - he helped us a lot and introduced to the boat and the Similan islands.
Next year we'll definitely try to stay over for few nights on the boat - looks like a great adventure. Will definitely recommend it

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We researched many different scuba companies before travelling but wanted to check them out in person before actually booking. Fortunately Sunrise was next door to our hotel. We had emailed Jamie previously and base don our experience and requirements he advised on the most suitable day trip - Racha Noi and Racha Yai Islands, 3 dives. Jamie got us to dry on our shorties and flipper in store so we would be comfortable on the boat, and he organised for our taxi to and from the port - driver was a bit hyper on the road but I think you usually have that with the vast majority of the drivers. When we arrived at the car park next to the port Thailand divers (who run the diver boat) confirmed who our diver instructor was and what boat we were diving on. Corey was our instructor and quickly introduced himself before helping us onto the smaller taxis that run up and down the pier to the dive boat. Once on the pier Corey took us to our boat and showed us the different areas (We had never had a diving day off a dive boat before so everything was a bit new but Corey put us at ease and explained everything). Me and my wife are still newbies to the underwater world and had some queries and concerns Corey helped with all questions and went through what to expect which put us at ease. Thailand divers then went through safety and reiterated a lot of what Corey had said, then we set off. The boat was relaxing and scenery amazing, as we were only doing some fun dives Corey left us to relax but I know some other couples took the opportunity to undertake some theory to improve PADI qualifications. The dive boat provides a selection of soft drinks (30THB) a can or drinking water/Tea/Coffee is free. Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks severed onboard were lovely and our boat wasn't overbooked lots of space to relax and they had a sun deck (which I would of enjoyed a lot more had i not left my Kindle at the hotel!). First dive - Corey had advised that there would be a horn 15 minutes before each dive so we could get geared up, he came and met us about 20 minutes before the dive and ran through our expectations and what he expected of us, horn sounded and we went down to get geared up - loads of space and the crew are so helpful with getting tanks out of holders and helping you maneuver around in flippers with tanks on! First Dive we saw a Sea Turtle which to be honest was what we were desperate to see and really made the holiday. Corey took some photos on each of the dives which meant I could enjoy the dives instead of having to try and photograph and video (small charge 1,500THB for photos to be transffered or emailed to you) but well worth it. Corey also knows the dives sites very well so can advise where to look for certain fish/corals, and he had a good eye for certain photos, we have 2 amazing photos of me and the wife looking at Nemos! Felt at ease under the water under Corey direction, the pace was slow enough that we got to see everything but no slow that you felt bored, Corey ofetn checked in on us to make sure we were ok and had no issues/concerns. Back on the surface Corey directed us back to boat (about 5-10 metres away, the dive boat crew threw out a bouy and then pulled us in and helped to get your equipment back onto the boat, they re-fill tanks after each dive and wash cameras/masks in fresh water so everything is set ready for next dive. All the equipment Jamie provided was of a good standard and we had no issues with anything on any of the dives. After the last dive Corey told us to go and relax on the return journey and he packed up all our gear for us, The crew then confirm what taxi number you're in and once back at the port Corey and some of the other guides/Instructors unloaded the boat and directed us back to the taxi. A fantastic day and very well organised. Speaking with some of the others on the boat they have said Sunrise/Thailand dives work together to provide guides/instructors/daytrip so worth bearing in mind if you're like me and rather check the shop out before booking that you could go to the Thailand divers shop instead and would have a very similar experience. Cant wait for our next dive and just hope it is as good.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank T m
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

From start to finish was alot of fun. Great group of people, pick up from our hotel and transfer to the boat. A bit choppy heading out but sea sickness pills are available. The 3 dive sights were amazing and we had a great time. Big shout out to our instructor Ben who was really good and explained everything to us in great detail. Highly recommend this place.

Date of experience: March 2017
sim700, General Manager at Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for the great feedback. yes ben is a very good and popular instructor. You guys are more than welcome anytime.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I vould not fault the service with this company. We only had a short stay in phuket so I had to book our trip over emails back home in Australia. They made the booking process easy and I even paid before I even flew to thailand. It wasnt the easiest of bookings as we had one certfied dover and one not certfied but we wanted to dive together - no issues at all.

On the day we were picked up on time. We met Ben, our Instructor. He was friendly right from the start. Very professional and experienced Instructor. I could not speak more highly of him. He made the whole experience safe and amazing.

We had 3 great dives and saw many wonderful animals including turtles and reef sharks.

Staff were friendly and approachable and the food was yum!

Thanks again for an amazing day. We will see you on our next trip!

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank RayneGoldCoast

Hi. Thank you for the comments. Yes Ben is a good and experienced instructor and you certainly did well with what you saw too. As for the food this has been a running theme throughout the season and I am 100% an agreement with you the food is excellent. You are always welcome anytime.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights on a liveaboard with Thailand divers. Overall it was a great experience just a few bits that take it away from being perfect.
Was annoyed at the start that the package doesn't state it leaves from Khao Lak. Having travelled Down from there 2 days before to Patong to pay the balance. So the day started with a 2 hour drive.
The boat was great as was the crew. It gets a bit annoying listening to the welcome speech everyday maybe split the group in half.
The food was excellent as was the cabin.
As for the similian islands I was really disappointed in the dive sites. Every briefing had promises of big fish. I saw one barracuda. When we got to Koh Bon the crew were talking non stop about manta rays, sharks etc.
I saw many more fish on the other side of Thailand. Maybe in the briefings play down what could actually be in there. I fully understand it's nature and you can't control what you see but I feel like it was over hyped.
I would use this company again though.

Date of experience: February 2017

Hi thanks for you feed back. Thats a good point about the welcome briefings. This used to be the way it was done. Dive briefing for all and then the people that were already on the boat go downstairs and get ready and dive. Then the new comers have the full briefing. I was not aware this had changed so thank you for that. I am sorry that the big fish did not turn up for you. Koh Bon is a hot spot for the Manta ray and then Koh Tachai and Richelieu are good places for the Whale shark too. That is a real shame as to get neither is rare on the northern half of the trip. Nature does not always play fair and there is not much any of us can do. Thanks again for the comments.