“It was an Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anchalee Inn

Anchalee Inn
Ranked #128 of 400 Patong B&B and Inns
Guwahati, Assam, India
“It was an Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed in the hotel for five nights from 4th July 2013-----myself, my wife, daughter and son. We were extremely satisfied with the services provided to us. Mr. Richard, the owner of the hotel is a nice gentleman------very much helpful and cooperative. He even changed our room after we had requested him. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The staffs are most well-behaved. The hotel is walkable distance from the patong beach and other major entertainments of Phuket. Wifi connectivity is also very good. I shall highly recommend this hotel and will not think twice to stay there in our next visit to Phuket.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Abhijit C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 August 2013

first time in phuket n first hotel at patong.well my room is clean everyday,wifi n shower r just awesome! around 10 mins walk to jungceylon shopping mall n patong beach (i prefer karon beach haha!) overall i had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank lohyk
Reviewed 22 May 2013

For the price this is the best place I've stayed in Thailand. Staff are awesome and the owner Richard was a champion. The room was cleaned everyday the breakfast and any meal there I rate very highly. And beers at the bar in the arvo till all hours of the morning is a good atmosphere.. drinking at the bar and ordering food from the street venders as they pass.

• Stayed July 2012
11 Thank rob2518
Malaga
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We vere a group af friends from Spain and Gibraltar. It is the first time that we saw such a nice room. The price was ridicoulusy cheap. For three people they gave us a 'family room' which they explain was the room for a family for two parents and two kids. And there was a big bed in one side with its own TV and armchair, table, shelves etc, the in the middle a small area like a kitchen, with dining table and water place, and on the other side another area with two single beds and another TV with all the rest. If I had a family with kids, that's the room I will dream to have!! I have never seen before so good (I have never been in a 5star hotel too)

The Other friends in our group, a couple, had a deluxe room with balcony, and that room was also very nice with all wood decorations and big bed.

And since we were not a family, still we got the best one could expect for this price: free wifi, free change of clothes every day, free fitness room, free sauna (never used, too hot), free snooker table, secutity cameras all aover the place, fire alarm, 24hours reception .... everything you have in a 4 and 5 stars hotel. But specially we also apreciated the good spirit of the propietor, Mr Richard who is very friendly and experienced, and he gave us very good suggestions about phuket and about thailand in general. He also take care of fixing any problem if the staff alone cannot do it. Another good man is Jim, the Burmese maintainence man, a small little guy who speak little english but who can quickly repair everything.

Thank you also to Aye, Tandar and Lek, the waitresses who are always smiling and very flriendly.
The food in the hotel is the best we had in thailand so far, at cheap price and with a very great variety of item. Thanks to the cooks too, but I never meet them

In conclusion, this is a very nice place to stay, full of comfort and at a very nice price. I recommand it to everyone and do not bother for some complaints of people who is never happy anyway.

Room Tip: Book your room by writing directly to the hotel. This time we were lucky because we just looked aro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Hernan M
Gibraltar
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Difficult name to remember (I had to goggle it again to find it), but impossible experience to remember. We had an awesome stay, thanks to the good standard and friendly approach of the running. The rooms are neat clean, the facilities too many for the price, the people very friendly and helpfull. We did just walk in and liked the place, we got a discount over the already discounted low season price and kept staying until last day available. Very nice strong wifi and very usefull gym, which I have never seen in this type of hotel;s (amazing). We felt melting alreay by the hot weather in this season in Phuket and thus we could not check out the sauna .... actuallt we could, but we would'nt for fear of melting down ourself. We got an awesome tan though.

Room Tip: I prefer street side room, to sit on the balcony and watch down while smoking my favorite cigar. But...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank mark m
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed at Anchalee Inn May this year. Very relaxed place to stay, Excellent manager and great staff also good food. Very good value for money. only one issue the lift was not working while we were there [ HA HA.]

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank William T
achl, Owner at Anchalee Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear William, thank you very much to you and your good wife for coming. You have been very kind in your positive review. We deeply regret the lift being out of service and we beg your pardon for it. We inherited a nearly non-functioning lift when we took over several years ago, and we kept fixing it until for the last three year was doing well, breking down "only" once or twice a year. But now we decided that we should completely refurbish it rather than wait that he breaks to repair it, and thus we contacted a new lift company for the job. They say it will take a week and now after three weeks we only had their quote, to which we agreed, and we are waiting for the job to be done any time soon. Again we are deeply sorry for those who meanwhile come here and do not have it, but better we have it done once for all. We do owe this to our customers.
Best regards to you both and hope to see you here again.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have seen so many bad reviews about this hotel but honestly, this place felt like home away from home.

After staying here for two weeks in March I can only say two very small negative things about the place, but so many huge positive things.

Ok so lets start with the negative. It might sound obvious but in the wet room, the floor gets wet. So when i went in the bathroom after taking a shower I got wet feet.

The second was that when I first arrived and asked to put my own lock on the hotel safety deposit box, I was told that it would cost extra. IT DID NOT COST ANY EXTRA. The safety boxes are very secure and covered by three CCTV cameras. So it may of been taken as an insult when i ask to add my own additional security. At the end of the day, I added my own lock and at no point was I charged extra,

Thats it for the negative. Just those two small things.

Now for the positive.

1) Room cleaned every single day. Clean fresh linen each time.

2) Great food and very reasonable prices.

3) Very friendly staff, lots of smile (and not fake ones either)

4) Very helpful staff. They had loads of useful advice and could not of done more for me.

5) Excellent location. You can walk to the beech in 10-15mins at a casual pace. The big shopping centre is 20mins walk. O-Top Market is very close and the Hard Rock Cafe is 5-10 mins away

6) Free Wi-Fi with great reception in my room. Fully working Air-con in my room. Always happy to turn on a fan or two.

7) Minibar products in the room were the same price as the restaurant.

8) I had clothes cleaned and returned every other day and they were returned quickly and spotless.

I really enjoyed my stay here. After my first couple of nights I was referring to this hotel as home.
I am hoping to return to Thailand again really soon and I will be asking to stay here again.

For the money you CANNOT get a better deal.

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms with no windows. It made it difficult to know what time of day it was, but it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
11 Thank Steven P
achl, Manager at Anchalee Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear Steven,
thank you very much for your apreciative comments. We are aware that we are not perfect and thus comments, good or bad that may be, help us to keep ourselves on our toes and take additional care wherever needed.

We are aware that, for someone who is not use to it, a "wet floor" bathroom may result inconvenient. However we could not find yet a viable solution to improve this aspect. There is not enough space for glass partition walls or shower cabins. We will have to find out something else.

And regarding the issue about "extra cost" for a pad lock on the safety box, I suppose that this is a misunderstanding with our new receptionist's poor language skill or poor knowledge. I beg your pardon for it. Anyone is free to put any additional lock to his safety box, if he likes too.

Thank you again a lot for your kind disposition and we hope that for your next visit we will be able to qualify better as hosts for your valuable and friendly presence. Wishing you all the best, have a nice day and good bye.