“Great Stay”

Ranked #108 of 319 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Had a great stay in March. The rooms where clean and room service very good. I had a poolside room on the ground floor which was ideal for a morning swim. The pool area waswell maintained, very quiet and often I had the pool to myself. It's about a 7 min walk to the main shopping and Bangla Road area and another 7min's to the beach. The management and staff where helpful and informative. I was collected at the airport by the hotel taxi and paid 600 Bht ( which is a fare price) the driver met me outside the airport and was holding a card with my name on it. I booked the room direct with the hotel and paid cash on arrival this ment I didn't have to pay the credit card surcharge that all hotels charge for this type of payment. I noted that Trip advisor showed the hotel as fully booked, this was incorrect when I contacted Kelly's Hotel direct.
Good for single travellers and families alike, well recommended and very well priced.
I will be booking again.
I was a bit unlucky with the weather but that wasn't the hotels fault

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kimbo186338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

What can i say about kelly's Hotel, except that everything was just spot on. First up I had to change my expected date and a simple e mail sufficed for Dan the manager to sort me out.
I arrived at the airport to be picked up by the taxi he had organised and whisked without incident to the hotel.
I arrived at 10 am so the room needless to say was not quite ready but a nice3 cup of coffee and a chat with Dan killed the short time it took.
My girlfriend met me there, in fact was waiting for my arrival chatting with Dan and was made feel right at home.
I was booked to stay in various stages over 3 weeks, and these plans kept changing as I either extended my time awqay from Patong or reduced it.
All it took was a phne call to the manager and he soprted everything out for me.
On the trips away I did not need my big suitcase and again no problem as it was locked safel;y in the office for my return each trip.
The rooms I stayed in and over the 3 weeks there were at least 4 I was in, all had balconies and poolside views. They were clean and cleaned each day. Safe in each room. Drinking water supplied each day.
Dan himself cooked breakfast 1 morning for me.
I must say nothing was too much trouble, for him or the staff.
While i did not spend time at the pool it did look very inviting.
The best thing about the Hotel is the rooms are big, clean and the service is excellent. Location is basically a 10 minute walk to Bangla / Jungleceyon, so it is close enough to get to and far enough away not to have the noise.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eamon2
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Spent a few days and enjoyed them. Staff, rooms and facilities all very good. Nice and quiet. Only problem was the uphil/downhill walk to and from town. Not far, OK really but I have a bad leg and it was quite difficult.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Patong....great english speaking owner, there on site and always ready to help.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thanks for review, I'm very happy you were bemused by my rants, I try my best,
Being forty and single! I can understand you getting mesmerized listening
to the rantings of a " finely tuned time machine of knowledge, wisdom and experience" my kids think the same way to, god bless them.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Kelly's Hotel offered lots to be entertained by!
The room was quite satisfactory. It was clean, and roomy enough with a nice bathroom - excellent shower! The balcony was nice and looked over at the pool.
The pool was great!! We had a really fun time splashing around after a day of exploring and shopping in Patong.
The location is pretty good. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the touristy nightlife and shopping areas. But this is perfect since Kelly's is in a more quiet and low key area.

The most interesting and entertaining part of Kelly's is the owner! He has lots to say on every topic - from the internet to unmarried women in their 40's, he is not a fan of either... However, we were not offended, mostly bemused by his rants. You can see examples in his responses. Hi Tim!
He really is a character and definitely an integral part of the Kelly's Hotel experience.
We had a great time in this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!! Thanks Tim!
we h

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tamstoj
Forster, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

We booked two rooms from Feb 28th to March 16th. One room 2 adults and 1 child, the other (us) two adults and two children. We initially booked for a cautious 5 nights, went to Karon Beach for 3 nights and rebooked Kellys for the remainder of our trip. The personal attention from Dan and his offisider" A" was second to none. Don't hesistate to use their knowledge and contacts. Really enjoyed the "Kellys Breakfast" great value for money. Nothing was ever too much trouble all requests were meet. The pool was fantastic to cool off in the afternoon. We were on the 4th floor room 405 then 403 and had fantastic views of the sunsets.
Look forward to returning soon.
P.S. Dan vegemite is in the post for more of those fantastice toasted sandwhiches.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alymo42
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, 26 March 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review, it's always a pleasure to have a pleasant happy family like yourselves staying at Kelly's, it makes our work 100% easier when our effort's and knowledge is appreciated.
Guests that go on holidays with a good positive attitude have the ability to get the best out of everything, they mix well, ask and get far more information, get to see and do a lot more, at less cost, with less hassles, and write positive reviews, others do it the hard way, and write negative reviews.
when appreciated we respond in kind, we tend to make the extra effort, your family took the time to know us with out making demands, this enables us to do our job with out pressure, A and I hope you get the time to come back we enjoyed your stay with us, great company and a few good laughs.
"Vegemite" in patong is black gold to aussies, thanks very much Dan & A.
Styria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

...if one reads all this glowing reviews here on TripAdvisor than he/she might be a bit disappointed by the place.
Do not get me wrong, all in all its a great place. The staff is friendly and attentive and the rooms are big enough and well equipped. The pool however is not very inviting since it right on the side of the road. So there is constant noise from motorbikes and cars. So not really the place to hang out.
After 8:00 pm, there is no one there, not even a security guard that checks who goes in and out.
It's a bit far away from the beach and the nightlife. About 10 minutes to the back entrance of Jungceylon. But there is a motorbike taxi stand 50 meters away. It's definitely a good place to stay in Patong, especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kerschmi
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Its a great place "but" you might be "disappointed", All the information as to distance and times to the beach, night life ect, are on the web, I can walk to the back of Jungceylon in 5 min and I'm 66, as for noisy motor bikes, must have been one of those days, hard pressed to get away from them, 80 million motor bikes in Thailand.
As for a security guard checking to see who comes and goes, "why" he wouldn't know, who is and who isn't staying in the hotel, that's providing he's not asleep from boredom, or on traffic duty blowing his whistle, we have a person on the premises at all times, and you are under CCT surveillance 24 hours a day, you just didn't notice it, perhaps a big sign is needed "WE ARE WATCHING YOU, we pride our selves on being unobtrusive.

Most guards in hotels are employed to take a note of your coming and goings, to see if you had an extra person stay in your room, nothing to do with security, that's an extra price you pay on check out, common practice in Thai hotels, definitely not for your security, and Patong is a very safe place.

Kelly's is not into the extras on check out, like joiner fees 1-000 Baht plus (guards job), 10% service fees, 7% taxes, plus the 35% loaded onto the room price for booking fees and commissions to agents, we pay no one, we survive the old fashioned way word of mouth, we have no extras, price is inclusive, Kelly's is famous for well priced great value rooms, please always look at the information supplied and add up the information and value before booking.
If in doubt don't book we are not into making anyone's stay miserable, or wasting your and my time with negative reviews because of location, or the time it takes to go from A to B, it's on the web, and written to death, ask us and we will tell you short cut, walking through the big shopping centre is not, the short cut, but is pleasurable due to aircon, if you want all the bells and whistles it can all be done for a price, nothings free except our personalised 10 star plus service, be nice to have a kelly's doesn't rip you off review.. Sorry if you were disappointed, unlike our competitors we try to put as much information as possible on our web site to avoid disappointments like this.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

I was in Phuket on holiday in Feb 2011, i stayed for a week in an hotel (wouldn’t mention name) which was ok. I then stayed at Kelly for another week, what a difference - personal attention, good advice and friendly staff and of course clean room which is probably the most import to me.

It might be a bit of a walk down to the beach but for someone like me that need to bit of exercise it’s a good thing - on the way down to the beach (prob 10 min walk) there is many shops/massage spots you can stop at to enjoy. The walk back is (15min) as its slightly uphill but again if you need a drink everything is around you so no need to go look for anything.

If you the "lazy" type you can rent a bike at the hotel or they will advise where you can find a bike at a very good cost. If you choose to take tuk tuk (200B) but as a single traveller i found a motorbike taxi is just as good and 1/2 the price (100B)

To Jon and mr A thank you for a very good time and all the advise - i will definitively come stay with you again.

Wishing you and your friendly staff all of the best for the year.

J

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
Thanks very much for kind review.
Kelly's hill is a natural life saving heart starter for cleansing the soul the morning after the night before, beats boring gym, Good for "pom poui".

My wish for you is a safe return back to Kellys Hotel..