“Trip of a life time come true”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #111 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This was a fantastic place for my stay in Patong with friends. Great staff and service, nothing was to much trouble ( Taxi's, tuk tuks, trips and tours all can be organised there for you). Loved that meals could be made at the hotel for you, Dan you make the best garlic bread i have ever tasted, yummo.

I feel the hotel is in a great location set back from the hussle and bussle of Beach and Bangla Roads. I loved the walk to the shopping centre, seeing the sights and smells that make this the wonderful place that it is. Phuket is a place with so many things to do (elephant rides, island hopping, eating some of the best food in the world, shopping, swimming, Temples and Giant Buddhas, just to name a few).

I have been dreaming of Phuket for many years and my holiday was everything i could hope it to be. So what are you waiting for, hurry up and make your booking.

Room Tip: poolside rooms great for a quick dip to cool off.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gottagotravel71

Reviewed 20 April 2011

great staff, good location,everyone at the hotel were very friendly
fantastic breakfast and most important cold cold beer
will stay again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Its the perfect place for relaxing and enjoying your holiday 100%...
The rooms are great and the service is exellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Loved Our holiday! LOVED staying at Kellys! Fantastic Staff! - New Friends! Layed back and relaxing..especially after walking off those busy roads out the front! Yummy breakfasts! Great snacks! Awesome! i suggest this place to everyone!!! :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Stayed for one week in march and wished it was longer, Fantastic was the only way to describe my stay in kelly's, from the smooth pick up at the airport, the driver was where email said he would be waiting, a bonus when your tired.
I read the reviews on trip advisor, some people said to use dans knowledge, I did this for trips, shows, and directions, it was my first time in phuket, and this made every thing easy, the hotel rooms were as good as any I have ever stayed in, very clean and serviced daily, even when I got up late my room was still serviced, no one sold me anything, nothing was a trouble to A and dan very friendly easy going, breakfast was yummy, cooked, not a buffet, I liked the location perfect 5-6 min walk to main shopping centre, trips were organised every thing was so easy, for trips I just went through all of the brochures and did one a day, I would recommend Fantasy and simon cabaret shows and a one day phi phi tour, very friendly and helpful staff, this type of hotel is very rare and hard to find, not many places work on trust like this place does, booked in paid a couple of days later, very relaxing, I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank neilyboyMelbourne
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed at Kelly's for 3 days. Our flight was arriving late at night and the taxi driver (booked through the hotel) was promptly there holding our name card. We reached the hotel and were initially shocked to see that no one is there to manage at night but the driver informed the staff and he attended us promptly and showed us room.

About the room: Very clean, well appointed with a large balcony, tea coffee making facility, a small fridge and really nice clean bathroom. We were very satisfied with the rooms.

About the location: Its a 10 min walk away from beach and main shopping area, but there is a 7-11 very close, also some massage places and some bars are nearby. The uphill walk mentioned in many reviews is just a few steps and I dont think it should be a problem for anyone who otherwise doesnt have any trouble walking. Location is perfect, its quite at night sufficiently away from the noise.

Service: Couldnt be better. Staff is really helpful and attentive. Dan (the owner) can also call arrange for tours etc if you wish. The breakfast they make is really yummy, we ate there just one day and it was the best breakfast we had during our trip. The day we were supposed to check out we had our flight late in night and Dan even allowed us to keep the room till we leave for the airport.

What not to expect ( so as not be disappointed):
Room service, full service restraunt and someone to attend to you 24/7

What to expect:
Great service and advice, great rooms, clean pool, tasty breakfast and a minute or two of uphill climb to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nsoin
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Stayed for four nights with my partner in March 2011. Couldn't sleep at all the first night as the rooster across the road kept crowing and someone was dragging a chair around upstairs all hours of the night so had to wear ear plugs for the remaining stay. The stairwells looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages and same with the hall way of the first floor. The rooms were a bit musty and there was no shower screen so water went all over the floor. We had a seaview room which I had to look way into the distance to see the tiniest bit of ocean. Disappointed overall.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Critter1972
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Roosters don't usually crow in the middle of the night, I have to have a talk with that bird get him back on the early morning shift, as for a chair dragged across the floor all night, all kelly's rooms are carpeted, only the penthouses have granite floors, and cane furniture is not all that noisy, as for "all night" maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but some people can be noisy and inconsiderate, or a bit of horizontal gymnastics was going on, bit late telling me now should have told me the next morning.

As for dirty stairwells, it had been raining for a long time, to clean them you need water and more water is the last thing needed, the industrial water washers and dry vac's make a lot of noise, and being the considerate person I am I decided to leave the not to dirty walk ways to sunnier days, plus some do like to sleep during the day, in hotels all is not what it seems to the casual observer.
Musty smells, wet tropics do that, yes rooms can sometime smell slightly musty if it been raining to long, the highest rainfall in 50 years, air conditioner turned down to low and ice builds up and is the most probable cause.
Air cons work off of dry ice and must cycle, if turned to low they can't cycle forming a solid block of wet ice, this blows wet moist air around the room creating damp humid air that will smell musty, leaving door open on humid days with air con on does the same thing, good idea is to shut the door when your on the veranda smoking or on the phone.

As for the water going all over the floor I have to talk to the plumber about that it sounds like a real problem maybe he can turn the shower rose away from the open shower door way so it doesn't go on the floor, but it has to end up on the shower floor any way, there is a screen and 2 tiled walls, I can see how this would have really annoyed you, water on the shower floor...
Seaview in the distance; kelly's is one of very few hotels that give you a view, we look over the top of the all the hotels in patong, I wonder how some one would write about that, stayed at the beach and couldn't see it.
Thanks for the review, sorry about you being disappointed, next time you stay in a hotel please bring these minor details to the hotels attention, where they can see it for themselves, and sort out the problems, we love the interaction, and all the highly informative reviews.