“Excellent hotel exceptional value for money”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #109 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We stayed at Kellys from 10th March for 10 days, as recommended by Tim we booked our taxi via the hotel and would recommend that if you are planning on staying at Kellys you do the same as it would not be easy to find.
I stayed in a sea view room for the first night and then upgraded to the penthouse for the duration of my stay. The views are spectacular from the two balconies and the room was great, well worth the extra money.
The hotel has excellent advice on what to do and see whilst in Phuket, I cannot thank Koi enough for organising a boat charter for my birthday, she worked very hard to get what I wanted, thanks Koi!!
There are plenty of good massage places in the area and also eating and 7 11's. Tuk tuks are expensive compared with other places in Thailand around 150-200 THB into town/beach, I can recommend Freedome beach, a short boat ride from Patong costing around 1,200THB and also Surin beach a 500THB taxi ride around 20 minutes.
I can recommend the hotel, it is great value for money, friendly and great service, if anyone needs anymore information contact me and I will be happy to help.

Thanks for a great stay Tim, hopefully will be back in June!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kelly's Residency

Reviewed 27 March 2010

We stayed here for two nights. The location and price are great, but the hotel is run down and dirty. The bed was comfy but the carpet so sticky we couldn't take our shoes off in our room. The pool was tiled all around and the tiles has sharp edges which cut my legs. The owner is an aussie expat who was very helpful in booking taxis and giving us directions, but a little to eager to share his stories... We stayed out of the bar to avoid him. If we'd been there any longer I would've definitely changed hotels.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Freddles84
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2010

The guest stayed in July last year and we took over new ownership in October. Since then all rooms have been recarpeted and the pool have been completely renovated and retiled as we were aware of these problems.

Reviewed 26 March 2010

My fiance and I stayed at Kelly's for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Tim (the manager) is a laid back aussie who can assist with anything you require, from moped rental and tour information/booking to taxi transfers to/from the airport. He is a very honest guy and is not pushy at all. He also lives in one of the rooms so is on hand at any time should you need him.

The entire hotel (rooms, pool and pool area) were very clean. Our room was huge and had everything we needed, tv with satellite channels, free internet and wi-fi, air-con and fan, fridge, safe, bathroom with a good shower and even a weighing scales and a bottle opener! We had no problem getting a good nights sleep as the hotel was very quite and there are notices in the rooms advising the night-time noise and bad behavior will not be tolerated. The service provided by Tim and his staff was second-to-none. When we went to the pool, towels were handed to us without us even asking. The breakfast was tasty and cooked fresh and as required.

The hotel is located about 15-20 min walk from the beach but we did not mind this at all as it was good to be a couple of minutes away from the main strip with its hussle and bustle.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Kellys and as its a small hotel, is ideal for relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MickOBrien99
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights with four others and had a fantastic experience. Tim and the rest of his staff are extremely friendly and helpful providing great information on hotspots and some great day tours. The room was quiet and comfy, on par with several other more expensive hotels across the Ko Islands and Bangkok. The relaxation area/pool is gorgeous and is a great place to spend the slower parts of your day, and you are a 5 minute 100 Baht Taxi ride from the beach. Without a doubt will be returning to Kelly's on the next visit to Phuket!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I spent over three weeks there and I would recommend it to anyone. Very good value for the type of room with a very clean pool.Good location away from the crazy nightlife and noise of Bangla but any easy 10 minutes walk to it. Tim and his staff very helpful. Taxi service from airport very good, comfortable car. I am going back as soon as I can !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I will begin by mentioning that Kelly's is a "Boutique Hotel", its charm lies in its customer service, originality, atmosphere and attention to detail. If you are in search of a more resort-style of accomodation (flashy, modern, meandering pool etc..) this may not be the hotel for you. In saying that, I did know what to expect when booking Kelly's, was very pleased with the rate I was given, and not only did I have nothing to complain about but I was pleasantly surprised at how Kelly's really lived up to its Trip Advisor praise.

Seeing as there have already been several postiive reviews for Kelly's I will try to avoid repetition and sum up a few of my favourite things about the hotel in dot point;
- Friendly staff, happy to answer all your requests and help out where possible.
- Location, I don't mind doing a bit of extra walking when I'm on holiday, 5-10 minute walk to great shopping, 15 minute walk to the beach.
- Rooms, lots of mirrors! (great for ladies like myself) big balcony with a fantastic view of Patong, comfy firm bed with great pillows.
- Lots of great places to eat or get take away all around the hotel.
- Computer with free internet access for guest use in lobby.

Thanks to the manager Tim for his hospitatlity, all the positive reviews here on Trip Advisor are well deserved.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twentytwoperth
Reviewed 14 March 2010

This hotel really was fantastic, it was very reasonably priced, everything worked in the rooms. Air Conditioning, King Size bed, fancy shower and friendly staff.
It's only about a 10 minute walk away from the main touristy areas and the beach. There's motorcycle taxi's and tuk-tuks right out the front door, so if you're feeling a bit lazy you can jump in for next to nothing into the main hub.
I lost my wallet on the first day of my holiday and Tim was fantastic and helped me out, thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends