“Would definately stay again”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #108 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Didn't get off to a great start as i booked the taxi through the hotel (the management strongly recommended it). Here I was at the airport but no taxi. Many taxi operators constantly hassled me as I stood outside the airport for half an hour. Eventually I had to put my trust in one of the locals and tell them i was waiting for a taxi to Kelly's Hotel. He promptly made a phone call & said a car was on it's way. Sure enough 5 minutes later a car turned up & the driver had a card displaying my name. Hesitantly, i boarded the taxi. Ten minutes into the journey i was informed by the driver that he would have to go back to the airport to pick up another fare. So here i was, sitting in the taxi by myself on a dark highway in the middle of nowhere, at 10pm. Five minutes later, out of the darkness, a young male appears. I unlock the car doors, he jumps in (can't speak any english) & proceeds to drive to my destination. I arrive at Kelly's Hotel & thankfully Tim is at reception. He takes care of my taxi bill & shows me to my room. From then on it's great. Large clean room with balcony, good bathroom, comfortable bed. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are very friendly & accommodating. Apart from the taxi experience (Next time i will book taxi through my travel agent), Kelly's ticks all the boxes & definately deserves the great reviews

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2010

We booked into this hotel for eleven nights but only stayed three. We chose this hotel after reading the reviews here. They were faultless. To be fair to Tim the hotel is suited to younger travellers with two sets of steps to climb(to the penthouses) and no pavement outside the hotel. The rooms are reasonable. It is also at the foothills in Patong and tuk tuks are not frequent except in peak times. Tim was a very good host and was gracious when told we were checking out.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Nev78990
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My friend and I stayed at Kellys Hotel for 9 days, all of which was a stress free travel experience.
We were greeted at the airport by our taxi driver, who drove us straight to our hotel.
Once we were checked in we enquired about Patong and things to do that night and also things to do for our duration. All of our required information was supplied and was suited to our needs.
The rooms were a little bit outdated but we were advised we could change to a room which had been painted and with new carpet the next morning (as the paint smell was still strong).
All in all we had a great trip and are looking forward to our return ASAP.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2010

After reading reviews on this hotel , We went on to make the booking for 5 weeks.
When we arrived we were given the room key. The room size was okay but not very clean. The carpet was dirty and covered in stains. The bathroom was only okay.
The following morning i noticed red spots on my back and chest area , After mentioning this to someone else i was told it was from bedbugs. So went back to hotel and lifted sheet from bed. The mattress was covered in stains. We decided this was not for us.
We left hotel that morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mad_fluffy
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

We suspect that this review has been planted by one of our competitors as we have never had a problem with bed bugs and all the carpets were replace months ago.

Reviewed 23 May 2010

Tim and his staff did a tremendous job in making me feel right at home in Patong Beach. While the town itself was not my cup of tea, I still had an enjoyable 3 nights stay at Kellys Hotel. The rooms were nice, probably the best of my entire Asian trip. Cleaned every day and the hotel is in a quiet location. If you have to be right near the beach it's not the best location, but it a 10 min walk to the mall. Or you could always take a 40 baht bike taxi ride to the beach which should take about 5 minutes.

I would definitely recommend this place to families/couples.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stopped at Kelly's for 17 nights during April and May and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I was really made to feel at home and Tim the owner was a good host. The staff are really friendly which makes for a nice relaxed atmosphere. I had a room on the 3rd floor which was a good size with a bathroom with a decent shower. The room had a safe, fridge and tea/coffee making facilities with free bottled water. Water was resupplied daily by the cleaner. Good size balcony which afforded good views of Patong and the sea overlooking the swimming pool. Nice sized pool which you could actually watch the two large LCD TV's situated above the bar from. Great if you're a sports fan with the satalite coverage. The hotel has a number a of mopeds for hire which I made the use of for the whole trip. Great for getting around and getting to all the decent beaches. Not a big fan of Patong beach which is about a 15 minute walk away much prefer Surin which is about 20 minutes away by motorcycle. Bangla is about 10 minutes walk down the hill but I'd recommend a motor bike taxi which is about 40-80 baht if you don't fancy the trek back. The hotel has beach towels which you can use for the pool area or take to the beach. The free WIFI is great in all the rooms and there is a computer in the reception area which you can also use. Food in the bar is good with Pen making wicked scrambled eggs.. You can order decent priced good Thai food from the bar which is brought up from the restaurant next door. I can't recommend this hotel enough and I will definitely return there in the future. Ticks all the boxes for me.. what more can I say!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I made my booking(2 poolside rooms and 1 sea view room) based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and am not disappointed.

Early check-in at about 10am and the poolside rooms were ready.
the safe deposit boxes need some brains to work it out, if all fail, get the key from Tim which is what I did and i kept the key till i checked out of the hotel.

the staff and tim were very helpful and friendly.

we had to trouble Tim to wake up early at 620am to make breakfast for us because we were going on a sea trip and our pick-up time was 715am. Tim was happy to cook for us which ensure we went on our full day trip roaring to go.
at night, we had tim switched to the BPL last match of the season at the Bar...
There's a nice thai restaurant just beside the hotel, which we ordered our dinner from and had it beside the pool.
if you are looking for a close friendly hotel to stay with, this is the one.
Tim is always willing to help and the staff are friendly.
there's a neat folder inside each room which gives u some valuable insight and tips about Phuket which i will suggest everyone to read once you get into your room.

for a warm friendly homely stay, this is the place.

a dip into the pool is always welcomed on a hot day, which is what we did on everyday of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends