“Another great stay a Kelly's”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #106 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This is my second stay at Kelly's hotel, the first being in March of this year. I was very impressed the first time and was not disappointed the second! I have looked at various hotels in the area and none come close to Kelly's on price or service; I like the fact that the hotel is situated away from the hustle and bustle, but not too far.
I stayed again in the Penthouse suite for almost 2 weeks, the views from this room are excellent as it has two balconies. As usual Tim the manager and staff were always very helpful, particularly his assistant Pen.

I will be returning to Thailand again in October and if I head to Phuket I will definately stay at Kelly's again.

Once again thank you to Tim and staff for a great stay, keep up the good work.

If anyone needs and information on this hotel feel free to email me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank autumng70

Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel for just under 6 weeks, the rooms are clean well maintained by very friendly staff but most importantly the hotel offers great value for money. Being just 5 minutes away from the nightlife also helps as your far enough away for a quiet holiday but close enough for a great night out and we had some great nights out!!!!. Aussie owned and run makes for a very laid back feeling, overall we were delighted with the choice of hotels and highly recommend it to fellow travellers.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riley5751
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My partner and I stayed here in July 2010. We chose Kellys because of the many numerous excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed!

It is a small boutique hotel with about 20 rooms, so those looking for a flashy resort had better go somewhere else. It has an excellent swimming pool and bar area perfect for lazing around on those hot patong days. The view from our 4th floor room was beautiful. Make sure you do your research so you know what to expect because Kellys isnt for everyone. It is probably a good 15 min walk to the beach, but that didnt bother us at all as it is extremely close to a major shopping mall, and just a little further to Bangla Road and other 'night life' spots. Despite its closeness to the night life it is still quiet at night time so sleep quality is high. Tim the hotels owner is very friendly, helpful and accommodating and has plenty of good advice.
There were only 2 things that did not meet my expectation - 1. The room size was a little smaller than anticipated (however it was still large enough) and 2. The bed was very hard. I thought this would be a problem at first but despite its hardness i still managed to get extremely good sleep (probably because by the end of the day i was exhausted).

Overall this Hotel has a welcoming "family" feel to it and is a great place to base yourself when in Patong. There is nothing else that would even come close within its price range for the quality. Thank you to Tim for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

This being my first trip to thailand, i was fairly nervous and apprihensive about what to expect from the whole experince. The Hotel Manager Tim had booked a taxi for myself and a friend to pick us up from the airport, this is a huge advantage not only being cheaper than the airport taxi's but to avoid all the drama from all airport taxi staff trying to get you into there taxi's. We arrived at the Hotel and was greeted by a very friendly person Tim the hotel manager, after checking into our rooms what were clean and spacious we decided to venture out, b4 leaving we were met again by Tim who gave us an insight into the local area and maps to shown us how to get around. His ultimate knowledege of the area was second to none with sound advice being given at all times. Throughout my entire stay at Kelly's hotel Tim would always be around to offer advice on just about everything from local nightlife, shows, beaches moped rentals to local resterents and local cusine's. Being in the service industry myself I have to give 100% credit to Tim and his entire team for making my stay in Thailand such a wonderfull experince. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wishing to visit Patong, and I for sure will be returning later in the Year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lee_7969
Reviewed 8 July 2010

firstly i would like to say this review is long overdue, i stayed for a week with 3 other friends in feburary, and since i was the organiser of the holiday, it was my job to book the accomodation in phuket, i had booked kellys hotel approxiamtely 5 months before departure from the u.k. tim owner/manager was in regular contact with me beforehand answering all my questions and even advising about what tours to take and not to take by email. we arrived at phuket airport and taxi was already waiting for us (3of us) the taxi driver helped with our luggage and loaded it in the taxi, the journey was a pleasant 40 minute ride to hotel, at reception we were greeted by the smiling receptionist, who promptly booked us in, tim appeared in reception, and without having ever met me he extended his hand and welcomed me into his hotel using my first name (amjed) i thought this was a very nice personal touch. overall without going on too much the rooms are clean and comfortable, with balcony space. the service exceptional.. just a very comfortable place to relax and get away from it all... we will be returning again next feburary.... keep the singhas and tigers chilled!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amj79774
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Had a great time at Kelly's, Tim - MANAGER, made us feel at home, nothing was too much trouble. nice and friendly, home away from home. would reccommend Kelly.s to anyone holidaying in phuket. very nice room at a great price. will be returning!!! Rooms very nice with with good facilities, hotel also offers internet use and can provided breakfast and light snaxs.. great!!! couldn't ask for better

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Kelly´s Hotel. And nothing beats this when talking value for money. Also Tim and his staff was the most helpfull and kind we have ever found on our 3 trips to Thailand.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple