“Amazing!”

Ranked #112 of 321 Hotels in Patong
kl
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I got to know about Kelly's Hotel through Tripadvisor. Based on the tonnes of good reviews, we decided to give it a try. And the reviews were true indeed. Although the location is a bit far from the beach, but one could easily walk through Jungceylon to reach the beach. The rooms are clean and spacious. When we had a problem with our safebox, the guy-in-charge, A, attended to us immediately. The tour "manager", Koice, helped us booked a really nice Phi Phi Island Tour, which she highly recommended to us. She even helped us get a really good price. Dan, the owner was friendly, helpful and flexible. No strict check-in or check-out time- which was something we really appreciate since our return flight was at night. All in all, had a really great time there!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maykimdr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Listen to all the advice given to you ..... and your holiday destination will be the best one you have ever had , no matter where you have been in the world , i believe the holiday to Thailand was the best i had ever been on !!! The people the culture make it. I am going back every six months .... mmmmmmmm to say for general health and wellbeing hehe !!!

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank princess_shayshay
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This Hotel has to be the best kept secret in Thailand I really want to keep it a secret but the team at Kellys worked so hard to make my stay in Patong the best relaxing holiday I have ever had. Kellys has just had a total refubishment and the rooms are so comfortable so when you have had a long day sightseeing and need to rest this hotel is the place to stay, because it is so quiet and peaceful and it is only a short walking distance from the main shopping centre and the nightlife on Bangla Rd. Dan, Tan and the team work non stop to provide excellent customer service. I cant fault this hotel Good job guys I will be back very soon.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew109
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Kelly's Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Dan (the owner) was extremely friendly and helpful with planning Thai excursions and giving tips. The hotel is just up the hill from all of the action (whether it be bars, girls, shopping or beach) and only a 10 minute walk to all of those attractions. And if feeling lazy, you can easily get a cheap tuk tuk or motorcycle taxi back to the hotel. I'd highly recommend.

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I enjoyed my Kelly’s experience from the instant my Taxi guy met me at the airport at 9.00 pm on a Sunday night to the time I had to reluctantly leave 16 nights later. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the penthouse rooms for most of my stay, because my original room needed a refurbish which was completed in 2 days but the owner, Dan, insisted I make myself at home in 502. Excellent room and views to the hills and the Bay.
If you are looking for a fancy Hotel with room service, direct dial phones, business centre and all the frills, with the added expense then forget about staying at Kelly’s, this place offers warmth and a personal atmosphere that I have rarely experienced in my travels. The rooms are large and clean, the pool is great and the staff, “A” will bend over backwards to help if you have any problems and he is quite handy in the kitchen. Thank you Dan, Tan and A for very memorable stay and I will be back next March.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
The star rating on a hotel does not relate to service, it is how the hotel room is fitted out and built, these star ratings go on how many points you accumiluate on an international building code for hotel rooms, kellys Hotel is built to a 4 1/2 star rating.
Service is about the extra price your going to pay, Kellys sells great rooms at a low price.
Germany
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed for three nights. The room was spacious and clean. I felt comfortable to sleep on the bed totally. Everyone was friendly here and much helpful. The hotel did run well, I was pleased to stay and recommend it to my friends surely.

• Stayed July 2010
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I had booked this hotel based upon the available reviews and of course the price. The reviews available at the time of my booking were superlative and I thought that not everyone would be wrong. My first entry to the hotel was a big let down. From the website, which claims a 4-star rating, I was expecting a big lounge and a efficient reception. What greeted me was a cramped reception area and dark alleys. We reached the hotel around 9 PM to find that the entrance absolutely dark. I had to find my way inside and look for help. I could locate one person (during our stay we realised that he is the only one available) who checked us in.

What went good :
1. The rooms were large, comfortable and very clean. We did not have any bedbug issue
2. The view from the room was good
3. The lone person at the hotel "A" (his name) was a friendly chap and provided service on request.
4. We had our breakfast in the room (prepared by "A") which was fresh and good

What could have been better
1. Persons booking their penthouse should be aware that it is one flight walk up from Level 4 (lift available upto level 4 only). The staircase is very narrow and does not have any handrail. People with young children and/or elderly should avoid booking this room because of this staircase
2. There is absolutely no room service. Our room did not even have a phone. So for every need we would have to go down to look for "A"
3. The bathrooms ran out of water twice during our 4-day stay. On each occasion had to go to level-1 in search of "A" who it seems had forgotten to run the water pump.
4. Could spot lizards in the room.
5. The faucet in the bathroom gave away and was replaced (quite promptly) by "A" again
6. The location is a good 20 minute walk (for adults) from the beach. With children, you have to get a tuk-tuk (200 baht one way). This adds up to the cost, which could have got us a hotel nearer to the beach. Also there is no eatery nearby. One has to walk for 5-10 minutes. Also, the walk back can be exhausting as the road is uphill for around 200 m.

Conclusion : A budget hotel I would stay. If one is only looking for a place to sleep over and does not have any expectation of any service, then this might be the place to consider. If I go to Phuket again, I may go back to Kellys but this time with little expectation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family