“Great People, Great Location, Great Hotel!”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #108 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Just got back from spending more than 2 weeks at Kelly’s Hotel. After reading all the reviews on Tipadvisor, I went with quiet high expectations, all of which were not only met but easily surpassed. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The hotel is located away from the noise, yet still within easy walking distance to all the action. All transfers were organised to and from the airport and if you ever wanted to organise a day trip – the guys will ensure you get the best rate available. What can’t be underestimated is the local knowledge provided by Dan and A, especially if it is your first time in Thailand. If you ever needed anything done, ‘A’ was your man, especially in the kitchen… 5 star service with our the price tag! When I come back to Patong there is only one place I will stay from now on.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We stayed here for one night before flying out of Phuket, booked at the last minute as a result of seeing the reviews on tripadvisor.
The hotel was clean and felt safe (no mean feat for two girls alone in Phuket), the owner and staff were super friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect - a 5 minute walk to the beach and shopping etc, but far enough away to not hear all the noise when its time to sleep.
Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelstudent3
Reviewed 9 January 2011

had a great time in kellys hotel with family it feels like home

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I spent a week at Kellys Hotel in December and at first I was kind of suspect as its very unusual for a hotel to book a room for you on good faith and trust only. The vast majority of hotels expect a deposit to secure a room--- not at kelly's. You give them your flight number, day of arrival, and book a taxi with them and they will guarantee a room for you.

When I arrived Koi (the taxi driver) met me at the airport and quickly took me to kelly's hotel. No problems at all. She is a delightful lady who can speak english and I used her for a day trip around Phuket a couple of days later, whereby, I had a great time and she took me to a fantastic Thai restaurant for lunch. I highly recommend (Koi) as your driver and guide.
My stay at Kellys Hotel was one of the Best vacations I have ever had. The room is very clean, the beds are very comfortable to sleep in. The hotel provides two bottles of water everyday, and its away from the noise and bars near the beach. The walk to the beach is only about 10 to 15 mins. There is also a fantastic, authentic, italian restaurant only a block away from the hotel, that is incredibly cheap and offers homemade pasta.

I have stayed at five star hotels all around the world and I would rate this hotel better than a 5 star hotel, because the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Dan and Tan is wife are wonderful hosts. In fact I really enjoyed my talks with Dan about philosophy, politics, business etc.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hassle free holiday in Thailand and with the comforts of a 5 star hotel. I will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank whistlerguru
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

Thank you for you kind words, we need people like you to write positive responses, it certianly makes our days easier and worth the effort, and helps our trip advisor ratings, hope to see you again soon.
Thank you very much from the Kellys crew.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

Just returned a week ago after spending a month here. Great friendly staff, very helpful. Dan the owner is good guy to have a beer with and get some local knowledge. Rooms are clean and quiet. Cheap motorbike rental. All in all a very laid back casual atmosphere and no unruly sorts about. Another important feature for the solo male traveler: no hassles and no extra charge for having a friend spend the night - which in my case was pretty much every night...I'll be back soon!

Chok dee krap!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill_KKO
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I got to know about Kelly's Hotel through Tripadvisor. Based on the tonnes of good reviews, we decided to give it a try. And the reviews were true indeed. Although the location is a bit far from the beach, but one could easily walk through Jungceylon to reach the beach. The rooms are clean and spacious. When we had a problem with our safebox, the guy-in-charge, A, attended to us immediately. The tour "manager", Koice, helped us booked a really nice Phi Phi Island Tour, which she highly recommended to us. She even helped us get a really good price. Dan, the owner was friendly, helpful and flexible. No strict check-in or check-out time- which was something we really appreciate since our return flight was at night. All in all, had a really great time there!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maykimdr
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Listen to all the advice given to you ..... and your holiday destination will be the best one you have ever had , no matter where you have been in the world , i believe the holiday to Thailand was the best i had ever been on !!! The people the culture make it. I am going back every six months .... mmmmmmmm to say for general health and wellbeing hehe !!!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple