We spent 6 nights in this wonderful quiet paradise in a 2 bedroomed apartment (no 23)with 3 teenage boys. We had a great view of the pool and lovely gardens. The bedrooms were a decent size and then linen crisp, white and clean. We had TVs and DVD players in the main bedroom and in the lounge downstairs. THE lounge suite opened up into a sleeping couch and one of the boys slept there every night so we were not charged for an extra bed, which was very nice of the owners. As mentioned before, the kitchenette was very basically equipped but everybody eats out in Thailand, including the locals! We did use the kitchen for tea, toast and fruit in the mornings as we all got up at different times! The service at this hotel was superb and Philippe and his lovely wife went out of their way with their hospitality. Must also mention that the air conditioning worked very well. Somebody mentioned before that the pressure in the shower wasn't great. We found that the pressure in the downstairs shower was better but this wasn't an issue for us and we were grateful to have 2 bathrooms after sharing one bathroom between 5 of us in our previous hotel!!
The hotel is in a great location. A few minutes walk to the beach, 10 minutes to Bangla road and Jungceylon shopping centre. We also ate at the street 'restaurants' , one street back and parallel to the beach road ( a few meters down from the red and white 'tune hotel'.) The resident pancake lady outside the hotel was fabulous. There was a choice of 4 supermarkets within a few minutes walk of the hotel plus pharmacies and money exchange booths.
My biggest regret was that we didn't eat at the hotel which looked so nice and was obviously popular. Our teenage boys wanted to be out and about amongst the madness every evening!!
I would definately stay here again and would encourage any fellow Australians, who want decent accomodation in Patong without paying resort prices, to do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss Palm Beach Hotel in Phuket Thailand is set in a beautiful landscaped garden located in a quiet area of Northern Patong Beach.Stay with us and get all the comforts of home with the luxury of a hotel. A peacefull place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy sunbathing on a white sandy beach, or swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea, only 150 m from the hotel and 500m from the colorful nightlife and excellent shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Swiss Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Palm Beach Hotel Phuket
- Swiss Palm Beach Phuket/Patong