Stayed here for free because of the Absolute timeshare presentation.
The room was big, more like an apartment, with easily enough space for us (two adults, two kids aged 7-9). Nice view from the balcony. Free wireless worked reasonably well. Overall the room was fine, clean, nothing to complain about. As already mentioned by many others the mattresses are a bit hard, which is often the case in SE Asia.
We didn't try the breakfast but otherwise the hotel restaurant wasn't very good. Don't bother eating there unless you want to order something to the pool. There's a much better restaurant down at the beach.
The beach is peaceful but during low tide it is impossible to swim there. Also make sure you are wearing some kind of swimming shoes. I'd imagine it would be great for snorkeling, though. To get to the beach there are a lot of stairs so not very good for families with small kids or older people. The pool area was ok, with a nice happy hour. There's also another pool area next to the beach but it was being renovated.
Of course the hotel is a bit far from everything but there's a free shuttle to Patong. At times the shuttle was very full so be sure to be there early!
The hotel was at least earlier listed by one Finnish travel agency as "no kids under 12" because of the amount of stairs and some safety concerns regarding railings. However, I saw a few families with even quite small children. Don't know how they managed with the stairs.
Overall I would say that the hotel was ok, but I wouldn't pay for it. I'm pretty sure that for the same price you can find a much nicer place in a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlook a truly unspoiled private beach, Tri Trang, here is a secret hideaway paradise. The resort can be easily accessed from Phuket Airport and its location on very own beautiful and secluded beach, and just 2 km away from lively Patong ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tri Trang Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tri Trang Beach Hotel Patong
- Tri Trang Beach Resort Phuket/Patong