“Not only one of the best meals I've had in Da Maurizo, but possibly the best ever.”

Da Maurizio Beach Side
Ranked #96 of 669 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$30 - US$150
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Da Maurizio Beach Side offers the finest in contemporary Italian cuisine in an beautiful location. Enjoy your evening, while seated a few feet from the dramatic interplay of waves crashing into subtly lit rocks.Da Maurizio's has always distinguished itself from other Italian restaurants and the new menu lives up to its already firmly established reputation. More than 90% of the fruit, vegetables, herbs and even eggs used to make our homemade pasta, are ORGANIC. From among the assorted items on the menu is live fish and lobster, imported meats, homemade pastas and the chef's special tasting menu. Of course, no meal at Maurizio's would be complete without considering the selection from the Wine Spectator Award wining cellar and a sampling of homemade desserts.Delicious food, a gorgeous sunset and the serenade of the surf make this open air restaurant at Kalim Bay a must for any visit to Phuket.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Full disclosure. We live nearby, and were actually married on the beach outside Da Maurizio and had our reception inside 8 years ago. We know this place well.

During that time, we've been back, on and off, for lunches and dinners.
Each time we always wonder why we don't visit more, and tonight was no exception.

There is no question as soon as you enter and see the stunning view, that you've picked the right location for a romantic dinner. The first course confirms that.
The food is beyond amazing. By the time you've had your second course, you will be looking forward to desert, but wondering where you'll put it. You will not leave hungry.
Tonight we couldn't, our mouths wanted what our bodies couldn't handle!

We drink the house Chianti, which is fairly priced at about 2000 baht (60 usd) for a 750ml bottle.
Its very smooth going down and sometimes requires a second bottle ;)

Look at my trip advisor reviews. (seriously go look.. )

I am happy to give poor ratings when they are deserved,
but for a transplanted Canadian/Italian living in Phuket, Da Maurizio is as good as it gets.

Ambiance and food second to none.

If you're reading this in Dec-Mar, call for a resv. they do get busy.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was overlooking this restaurant from our balcony for two days when we decided to go for dinner one night. I had looked online prior and it looked nice. We got there just after sunset so we missed the sunset view however, even with the sun already down, the lights shining onto the rocks and waves were magnificent. Then we ordered, and what can I say, I had just eaten the best ravioli I had ever encountered. The owner (Maurizio) also came out to see how our meal was and we gave him all positive comments. Out came dessert and omg... We had to cut our dessert short due to the wife and a little heat stroke from earlier in the day which was the only disappointment of the evening. (Apparently Maurizio was looking worried when my wife walked out not looking good, dont worry, it was not the food, heat stoke and blood pressure don't mix to well).
Great little place for that romantic dinner with a special one and while I write this review I look again at the restaurant and hope we can sit down there again over the next few days before we go home.
Thanks heaps and we will be telling everyone about your restaurant.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had the octopus gnocchi and the prawns, and it was truly exceptional. I go a table right at the edge of the beach and had saw a wonderful sunset. The food was some of the best I've ever had. Great job! Get there by 6pm and enjoy the sunset. Tip: sit on the side away from Joe's next door so the music isn't drowned out.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We celebrated my bday while in Patong and my boyfriend chose this restaurant. The views were fantastic and the service excellent. Our meals were nice but I had the lobster as a special treat and found the pasta and sauce overpowered the lobster and I couldn't taste it which was disappointing when paying $70 for a main! We enjoyed the meal and the experience but for a $310 meal, we would have got a lot more for our money in Australia

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The food was delicious the best Italian food in Patong. The views while dinning are amazing, perfect for a romantic dinner.

SuePhuket, Manager at Da Maurizio Beach Side, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We are all very pleased you enjoyed dining at Da Maurizio Bar Ristorante.