Like many, we were worried by the substantial number of negative reviews for this place. We were pleasantly surprised to find that it was a delighful little resort, with friendly, efficient staff and great value for money. We travelled on a Groupon voucher, so for a minimal outlay we enjoyed the first five nights of our two week Phuket holiday at the Baan Yuree. Our room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Like many have commented on, the bed was firm but not uncomfortable and we both slept soundly every night. Sure, an upgrade - especially of the balcony & outdoor furniture would enhance the overall experience, but it certainly didn't really detract from it. The pool was great - we swam a few times every day and enjoyed having a Singha Lager at the swim-up bar. Breakfast was basic as far as resort buffets go, but we had no complaints and started every day with full tummies. The Wednesday night Thai buffet was really good, a great selection of tasty food (we both loved the bbq ribs) in a lovely candlelit setting by the bottom pool. The band was good and played easy listening classics during dinner. Unfortunately it started to rain just as "Elvis" came on stage, so after a delay he continued "karaoke style" in the shelter of the restaurant. The lighting of the candle lanterns on the roof top to complete the evening was a great way to end the night.
We really enjoyed the location. We are in our mid 40's, not what you would describe as fit, yet we walked into Patong every day. It was a terrific walk that took less than half an hour (longer if we stopped for a drink or three) but we got to enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and bargains along the way.
The free shuttle travelled at convenient times and was always prompt. Tuk Tuks or taxis never cost more than 200 baht if we wanted to go back outside of the scheduled shuttle run. Our room had a great view over the lush mountainside and felt like we were high in the mountains, not minutes from the madness of Patong.
Leo, the Ezystays representative was a really nice guy who DID NOT try to sell us a time share or club membership. We just had a pleasant 15 minute chat with him whilst he organised vouchers for our inclusions, and he gave us some good advice on what to see and do. We both had a massage in the spa (included in our deal) and whilst the massage was good I found the room a little too hot.
Sure, there are more upmarket places to stay in Patong, but for value for money and the overall experience we really enjoyed our stay and give it top marks, and would have no hesitation in staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa is a Contemporary-Thai Style phuket resort that is situated on a hill near the famous Patong Beach. The hotel is very well located being a few minutes from beaches and the center of Patong, yet quiet, peaceful & private. Situated on a hill , the phuket resort has a scenic Andaman sea view and Patong town view. Moreover, the area is in a beautiful natural setting and is also safe from any potential Tsunami. At Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa, all guests are treated as VIPs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Yuree Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Yuree Resort And Hotel Patong
- Baan Yuree Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong