What can I say about Baan Yuree? Superfriendly and helpful staff, clean spacious room with a balcony overlooking the woods, good swimming pool with no curfew so we swam until past midnight (naked...haha.fun.) as long as you dont make too much noise. We got a groupon voucher so we paid very very little to stay in a great place like Baan Yuree. We love the staff and since we're young and fit, we don't mind the hill. In fact, we quite enjoyed it since there's no hiking places in Phuket. This is as good as it can get. The hill is quite steep especially on the higher end but not that long. Within 2 minutes, climb is over. Since we're on a budget too, renting a bike or taking a Tuk tuk were never an option except when we were too buzzed and sleepy too walk. But if you don't want to walk up the hill, just take the Tuk tuk or rent a bike. They even provide shuttle back and forth between Patong town and the hotel.
Far from the noisy Patong roads, so good for family with kids. The restaurant next to the junction down the hill is probably one of the cheapest food you can get in Patong and halal and operates 24 hours. A lot of items under 100 baht, so we like it. Phuket town has the cheapest food tho.
The downside is it's far from the beach. My friend and I would love to wake up every morning and swim with our Pjs on but that's not the case. Would love to stay closer to the beach but if tsunami happened to strike after midnight, you wouldn't even notice it because you're up on the hill and you sleep like a baby. Tho we don't want to stay close to Patong town too as things can get tacky and tiring after a few days or a few hours if it's for my mom! I don't book any activities from the hotel. You can get cheaper deals at the airport or any agents (since we look like Thai and have nice smiles and speak passable Thai phrases, we got local-prices and we highly doubt you can bargain with the hotel).
Side notes: If we could choose any areas in Phuket, we wouldn't choose Patong. You either love it or hate it. Patong is this close to be a destination for douchebags! and as fellow South east Asians, we don't want Phuket to be like that but Thai people in general, regardless of the westernized milieu, they stay true to themselves and that makes it better than a "cuckoo-land"! Do make friends with the local staff or the local/ expat owners of preferably small or less crowded bars because they know where to get cheap deals, good cheap local food and they have super cheap drinks.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Baan Yuree because the staff were so lovely and the place is amazing, peaceful and comfortable. Waking up to the sound of rooster crowing was frankly quite awesome. Thai people have the best hospitality in Asia (smiling for them is like blinking), even better than any country in Asia. Thanks baan yuree for making our stay unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa is a Contemporary-Thai Style phuket resort that is situated on a hill near the famous Patong Beach. The hotel is very well located being a few minutes from beaches and the center of Patong, yet quiet, peaceful & private. Situated on a hill , the phuket resort has a scenic Andaman sea view and Patong town view. Moreover, the area is in a beautiful natural setting and is also safe from any potential Tsunami. At Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa, all guests are treated as VIPs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Yuree Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Yuree Resort And Hotel Patong
- Baan Yuree Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong