“Lovely stay”
Review of Bodega

Bodega
Ranked #10 of 423 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here in a shared bathroom suite and it was quite nice for a hostel. The bed was so comfy compared to the rest of the beds I've attempted to sleep in in Asia, great 24 hour bar/restaurant with such an amazing, caring staff. Such a friendly, mellow atmosphere. Wish the walls were a little thicker or they enforced a more strict noise rule. Could hardly sleep some nights due to party go-ers who came back at 4 am loud and wasted. Other than that, such a lovely little place.

Room Tip: I would advise you not stay in a shared bathroom suite. It's difficult to use the bathroom in th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a dormitory room... Room was massive! 4 big beds in a room that would fit heaps in most hostels. Beds were springy and thin mattress, but very big. So spacious! Free wifi. Friendly staff, nice restaurant attached. 24/7 bar. Awesome location.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Bodega located on center of patong beach. So close to everywhere, to bang la road, patong beach, or other favorite spot in patong beach, phuket. So if you stay here, you will not lose any moment at patong beach.

Also the service, we love all crew in this hostel. All crew so friendly and have a good english. So it's so easy to communicate with them. We love them so much, and I will gonna be missing them :-) (Bong, christine, and someone else i just forgot the name)

Also the atmosphere, lowest floor at bodega is a minibar. So cozy to chat with someone or drink until you drunk :-) Very recommended, you must stay here if you go to phuket.

Cheers

Room Tip: Choose deluxe dorm (4 beds). Looks nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here because we heard it was the place to stay for backpackers. Bodega is a lot of fun if you are looking to meet fellow backpackers as they have bar/restaurant where everyone congregates before going out.

In terms of facility, I thought it was okay… we stayed in the 8 person room in the main building (it took us a while to realize that they own a place across the street as well so that must have been where most guests stayed. There was only a room for 8 people and a room for 4 people in our building)

I have 4 major complaints about Bodega
1. Bad internet connection- had they not advertised that they have free wi-fi I wouldn’t have cared, but since they did I was annoyed!
2. We were on the 4th floor, the 2nd floor is home to the kitchen for the restaurant… I was really grossed out because the smells from the kitchen would just linger in the stairwell leading up to our room
3. The room that I was staying in had wonderful shades to block out the sunlight on one side of the room, however the other side of the room had sliding glass doors that had no shades, thus the room got really bright in the morning!
4. The room that I was staying in had air-conditioning, however it was still really hot, I would like to see them put in another unit in this room, for 8 people in a large room, the 1 air conditioner doesn't seem to work.

That being said, I recommend requesting to stay in the building across the street! As far as the staff, they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Additionally, they cleaned our rooms everyday and even made up our beds, that really impressed me, as you have to keep in mind, we were staying at a hostel!

Room Tip: Request to stay in the building across the street, not the main building!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

i had so much fun when i stayed at Bodega last year. Everyone (fellow travelers and the staff) were so friendly and welcoming. I was traveling alone at the time but left with a bunch of new friends (ones i still keep in contact with!) - The staff is funny and helpful and gave great recommendations for nearby things to do/see. I definitely recommend people stay here. It's safe, clean and affordable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Bodega was by far the best hostel I stayed at in Thailand! The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, the beds were comfortable, the showers were warm, the bathrooms were clean, and the bar was a great place to meet other travelers. I loved every minute of my stay there. It is in a great location, walking distance to the beach as well as all the great nightlife on Bangla Road! Would definitely recommend to any travelers looking for an extremely fun and comfortable stay on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at Bodega in a superior room. The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable, importantly the aircon was amazing.

The staff gave a warm welcome and were very helpful with our onward travel.

The only reason we have not given 5 stars was because of loud banging noises in the night. These werent noises from other guests, the traffic or general street noise so I have no idea what they were, maybe it was a one off and we were a bit unlucky, but even with earplugs we were unable to sleep between 12 and around 4am.

Otherwise a good stay!