The Bliss South Beach Paton
US$119
Hotels.com
US$145
US$118
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$58
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$94
US$122
US$112
All reviewspool suitebliss suitespatong beachacross the roadsea viewbangla roadfourth floorold wingroom cleaningliving roomnight lifecomfortable staycleaned every daybars and restaurantsquiet at nightlate checkspecial thanks
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at The Bliss for a week in a plunge pool room. The room was very spacious and clean, and the shower looking out onto the street (though still private!) was fabulous. The location of the hotel is great, and, even though the room backed out onto a main street, the room nice and quiet at night. And the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
The plunge pool was spectacular; it was cleaned and treated every morning. We have a 6 month old baby and being able splash around with him in our own pool was fantastic.
The only downsides were that the internet connection wasn't great, the air con unit was particularly loud (though a cheap pair of earplugs sorted that out), and every morning I had to point out that ants were crawling all over the spoons at the breakfast buffet. But if none of that bothers you, this is a great place to stay in Patong.

Room Tip: Go the plunge pool room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jacqwd
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here after a recommendation from my mother, who had stayed in January, and we were not disappointed.

We had a fantastic time at the Bliss. We stayed for several days, went off to another beach and then returned to the Bliss. I think it is best suited at couples - our room was perfect for us as it had a living room, huge bedroom and fantastic bathroom - it had the most amazing shower and a jacuzzi bath. A great swimming pool and the beach is 10 meters away.

Service was always with a smile and nothing ever seemed like too much for them. There is a good tourism desk with plenty of day trips advertised. A good bar which offered great cocktails, and we had some lovely Thai food in their restaurant.

The Bliss isn't bang in the centre of the town - but this is a good thing as Patong center can be hectic however it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the main areas, and there is always a tuk-tuk available.

We have to say a huge thank you to the manager at the Bliss - Barry Smyth - and his wonderful team. My boyfriend and I fell ill (not due to anything in particular) and the staff helped us get to the doctors and helped us sort out the doc's bill when it was extraordinarily high. After that they made sure we had everything we needed.

When we returned from Bang Thao beach I had left my bag in a taxi and the receptionist kindly tracked it for me within 10 minutes of me realizing it was gone.

So thank you to all the staff for helping us out at all times. We had a great time and we will be back (hopefully without any problems for you to sort out).

Room Tip: Suites are great - if you get one you either get a private mini-pool or a jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My first time travelling outside Europe so I was really not looking forward to going to the hotel as I had really no idea what I was letting myself in for.
Well, as soon as we got there the staff were so nice and very welcoming. I soon felt at ease and at home.
The hotel room was so clean. They came in everyday cleaned and replemished bottel water, tea and coffee. They would always ring you first and let you know that they were about to come and clean your room so there were no unpleasant and awkward surprises.
The position was good. It was only a walk away from the hussle and bussle. If you didn't want to walk, there are plenty of transport on offer to get you round Patong.
Don't expect perfection but for me, being a virgin traveller, it was total luxury and I was very much treated with respect......

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Positive = good location, great stuff especially two amazing people which are the reception APPLE and The bill boy THI THI they were so nice and helpful. The suite with private pool is spacious and very nice.

Negative = very bad internet connection so slow, bar and restaurant close so early at 10 PM,

Room Tip: Suite with private pool right front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

What can I say? From the moment we walked in off the street for a quote, the staff (especially Apple) was extremely friendly and helpful. The reception staff all spoke English very well. The position is perfect and straight across the road from the beach but only a short walk to the hustle & bustle of Patong.
We chose a Deluxe Suite with double spa bath which was amazing! The views from the spa bath was of the beach & ocean straight across the road as it was surrounded by glass with frosted glass in certain places. The covered balcony was awesome!
The bedroom was huge as was the lounge, writing desk area and kitchenette. They had a 3/4 fridge so we could go shopping for some food.
I have read the reviews before we left for Phuket and was amazed that some people said the breakfast wasn't up to scratch. The breakfast was more than adequate!

All in all, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple