“Fabulous hotel”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #41 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We purchased a groupon voucher for this hotel so werent sure what to expect. The hotel is in walking distance to bangla road but is far away to escape the madness of the main strip. Our room was a deluxe room which had a pool view and it was lovely. We even had a rose petal love heart on our bed when we arrived. The room was quite modern and had and inbuilt dvd player in the tv which was good. The mini bar in room was also reasonably priced. We visited the spa one day and it was very nice. The staff were all amazing and went out of their way to help us every time. They even remembered our room number. I can not fault them in any way. The breakfast was awesome and had so much variety everyday. We also ate dinner at the restaurant and the food was delicious. We booked a tour through the front desk, we just gave them our room number and they organised it all! Overall i recommend to anyone to stay here, i will definately go back!

Room Tip: Get a pool view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 20 January 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Sawaddi Patong Resort for 3 nights in December, we upgraded to a pool view room on arrival which was very nice. The rooms were very nicely decorated, modern and clean; the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nice with a shower in the bath. The DVD player added to the tv was a nice touch, although we didn't get time to use this. The pool area is lovely with a jacuzzi and fountains in the pool and also very nice lounge beds along the pool. However the pool loses the sun around 3pm so then you need to visit the beach to catch more rays. We ate in the restaurant one night and found the food and the service very good; the breakfast selection was also very good. The tour office in the hotel were also very helpful arranging two tours during our stay although we had limited time in Patong. The location of the hotel was a good 15 minute walk from the main part of Patong, which was a bit unnerving at night; would definitely recommend walking to the strip and getting a cab back at night. The service in the hotel was impeccable, the staff cannot do enough for you - this was especially evident when the reception desk organised us a transfer to phi phi island for the next day. Overall we were very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank destinys32
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Away from the madness of Bangla. Lovely walk to beach. Stunning hotel pool and atmosphere. Charming and friendly staff. Nice breakfast though it gets to be "same same" after a few days. Front office manager - Jintana - Exceptional hospitality - went out of her way to make us feel most comfortable. Having been to Phuket before.. Sawaddi is one of the best stays in Patong.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room... or ask for pool view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeonardCT_SA
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from 22 Dec to 29 Dec 2012. We had been to Phuket a couple of times staying at reputable hotel near patong beach and bangla road but nothing beats Sawaddi patong! Firstly, it is near the Kathu district where it is a distant away from the madness of patong and bangla. Secondly, just outside the corner of the hotel, you get to eat local food at local prices ( not the cut throat price at patong area), furthermore, at night time , there is a lane that have food stalls with seafood and small local pubs! And the big deal is, you get to see the locals dine there, hence you can imagine it is not expensive. We had two nights of seafood dinner at the small lane and surprise, each dinner cost less than 1200 baht! With mussels, crabs, clams and prawns and eggs with Tom yam soup! If you are staying there, You must eat there! Secondly, about the hotel, the first day when we arrived we had an early check in. We were greeted by warm staff and cooling face towels and welcome drink. The billard lounge was a good place to relax after your flight from airport . After checked in, we had straight to the beautiful pool. Unfortunately, we took the sun loungers at the left side of the pool where it had wooden planks as flooring. I lied near to the wading pool area and when I was about to go inside the wading pool to play with the kids, somehow my left toe was caught in between of two moving shaky wooden planks. My toe and skin was caught in between and I had to get it out as it was hurting real bad and I pulled out the toe, somehow it tore some skin and flesh out! We called for help and I was very glad the response was very fast as Kew and Rose attended to me and rendered first aid. We told them about the faulty wooden planks and they took actions right away! I was very pleased to see them doing maintenance work overt the whole week I was staying there! So a word of caution, if u lounge around the wooden side of the pool, please careful with your steps and possibly wear your beach sandals! Their guest recovery was swift too and I must say this incident did not dampen my stay in the hotel! Morning breakfast was great and the gym was just nice for me to workout every morning !
A very good thank you to all the team members who looked after us and were being so friendly and hospitable! I would be seeing you very soon!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank JutterBug
CRM-BHMAsia, General Manager at Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Greetings from the team at Sawaddi Patong Resort
We are so glad you have enjoyed your time with us so much here at our top rated Patong hotel. Indeed we are well enough out of the centre to offer peace and quiet as you say, but in fact it is only around 12 minutes walk from the resort back to Jungceylon and the very centre of Patong Beach, so in fact we believe ourselves utterly perfect in terms of location.

Likewise it is great to hear once again the remarks of a happy guest in regards to the warm and friendly staff at our Patong resort. This is indeed something we are becoming very well known for, and something that is picked up on nearly every review. However, not so great was your slight accident with the decking around the pool area. This has been put right now for certain, so if and when you come back to see us again, you can walk around in total confident that feet and toes are safe!

Hoping to welcome you here again soon!
Sincere best wishes from the team at Sawaddi Patong Resort

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here for five nights over Christmas I am somewhat torn between the two conflicting experiences I had with this hotel. On the one hand the rooms are well appointed, conformable and everything you would expect from a hotel of this class. The food is good, the pool is lovely and the bar staff are very good. However, once you are there I really feel that the staff (presumably on the direction of management) try to squeeze every last penny out of you. A few examples:
Breakfast if not included is 500 baht per person, if you book and tours or excursions you will pay far more than the vendors in the town, we asked to book a taxi for the pier and were quoted 1,400 baht, walked outside and got one for 600. While the hotel is really nice, this constant need to bleed you dry left a very bad taste in our mouths.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank picnicingispleasant
CRM-BHMAsia, General Manager at Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Greetings from the team at Sawaddi Patong Resort

I would like firstly to thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent Phuket holiday with us here at out resort. As with so many of our guests it seems you have picked up on all the good points that have made us a top rated Patong hotel. On the other hand you have noted some quite negative aspects that in honestly surprise me a great deal.

While you feel the prices are high in fact most if not all offers and bookings on our website include breakfast. Indeed, you note yourself IF breakfast is not included, so I am not sure if this was an issue you experienced first hand or simply noted from the menu prices?

In regards to tours it is a matter of assurances and safety for all our guests. It is always recommended to pay the correct rates via a hotel tour desk than to book with an outside vendor who may have uninsured or poor quality vehicles that are a danger to the client. At our Patong resort we only use first class vehicles and drivers so as to assure our guests nothing can go wrong. One will also often find these outside low prices come with many compulsory add-ons later, that of course you will not be told about on booking.

This aside, we are delighted that ever you found the resort, its facilities, rooms and staff of the standard you were expecting and beyond, common traits picked up on time and time again on our Patong resort reviews.
Sincere best wishes from the Sawaddi Patong Team

Reviewed 2 January 2013

The staff were the highlight of the stay. From the front desk to the morning breakfast to the poolside bar - they were all friendly, helpful and simply wonderful. They took the trouble to remember us and went all out to help accommodate all our needs.

I found the room to be a nice size and came with all I required. As I traveled with 2 young kids, I requested for the double room with 2 Queen-sized beds. Apparently, there are some double rooms with 2 single beds so do make the request if you want bigger beds. The only unpleasant part of the stay happened when I pushed the beds together, only to find 2 used condoms under the bed.

For the facilities, the pool was nice and we were given a room right next door to the restaurant and pool. This made things super convenient and it was almost like having a pool right outside our door. The kids club/playroom however, was a letdown. While big, it was pretty sparse in terms of toys and games within. It was mainly drawing and coloring activities. The couple times I brought the kids there, I had to turn both the lights and air-conditioning on myself. We probably stayed 5 minutes in total.

In terms of location, it is close enough to walk to both the main strip and the beach if you're without young kids. With young kids, it could be just a little too far to walk. If I were to be here without the kids, I would find the location just perfect - close enough to the action yet away enough for the hotel to be in a quiet area.

Overall, I found the hotel a great place to stay. The staff made up for everything and even though I thought the kids club was inadequate, it didn't matter all that much as I preferred having the kids outside by the pool anyway.

I understand that they are planning to upgrade the hotel facilities in 2013 and if this is done, this would make the hotel an unbeatable gem along the Patong strip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank finendandy21
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This was our first experience of a resort in Phuket and we found it to be very enjoyable.the hotel was well presented and clen and our room although facing a vacant lot was clean , we'll equipped and well serviced. The staff were very friendly and helpfull at all times. The breakfast was of a adequate standard but the food for the other meals was a bit simple and lacked choice and flavour. The room service meals also were not to a western standard. The pool area was nice and the location of the resort was good as it was within reasonable walking distance to the beach and shopping centres. I would happily stay here again and we will probably do so again next year. Book online as the hotel prices are 30% higher.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are nice but some nights proved to be noisy. Our room faced the beach so we had a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the team at Sawaddi Patong Resort
We are so happy to hear that your first Phuket holiday experience was a good one with us here. As you will see from the vast majority of our guest reviews, friendly high standards of service are the key to our success in being a top rated Patong hotel.

I would also like to acknowledge your comment on a rather limited menu in terms of what was offered at our three restaurants. I shall see if our team of chefs can surpass themselves a bit more in future.

We are delighted to hear you will be back again this year and will be even more delighted to welcome you back to our Patong Resort to take care of your Phuket holiday time for you once again. As you rightly point out, direct booking on our website is best for deals.
Sincere best wishes from the team at Sawaddi Patong Resort