“Off the beaten track”

Andakira Hotel
Ranked #37 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The Andakira hotel is at 222
Phangmuang sai ko road, which runs parallel with the main route through Patong.
The road is unmade and floods when it rains. Not good if you walk to and
From the hotel. The staff were helpful, but some of the waitresses in the restaurant just did not care.
The hotel has old side left, new block right and it meets on level 3 by the swimming pool.
The WIFI does NOT work in the new block, but does at the pool or the old block.
It's sister hotel Baramee Hip Hotel is in the same Sai.
Not a hotel to return to.

Room Tip: To choose a good room Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Graham H

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed in a superior room on the 7th floor. The price was cheap enough but I expected more from the hotel after seeing it online. In my eyes it is only a two star hotel. PRO's - 1. It is about 100 metres off the main road so you don't hear the traffic in the evenings 2. It is located just around the corner from the hospital so if you get sick it's an easy walk 3. It is only 10 minutes walk from the shopping centre and nightlife of Bangla Rd 4. a free shuttlebus is provided to take you to the beach throughout the day 5. the Wi-Fi is very reliable 6. the staff at reception are very friendly 7. If you need assistance the staff are quick to try and help..... CON's - 1. the main road is a construction zone so walking anywhere is dangerous and you are doging traffic everywhere you look 2. our room was a disaster - the pillows felt like rocks, there are tiny little ants constantly appearing over the walls and desk, even on my laptop as I am typing this review. The air conditioner is very very noisy and it is impossible to sleep at night. It feels like you are sleeping in the same room as large truck engine - the walls vibrate when the compressor kicks in. There is mould in the shower, there is only one light in the bathroom and it is very dimly lit, the shower drain is open and accessable - the grate is loosely sitting there and can be kicked off anytime, we ran out of toilet paper twice and had to ask for it before our rooms was cleaned for the day, the cups and glasses are not replaced but simply rinsed and placed back on the bench before they are even dried. The breakfast was way below average. The TV reception is terrible and cannot get a clear picture. The TV remote works by manually pressing channels, the up and down buttons don't work. The room door is locked with a simple key that could be picked in about 10 seconds so security is always a concern, although there is a safe in the room. The place is absolutely full of Russion guests which gave me an unwarm unfriendly feeling. One Russian guest tried to pick a fight with an Englishman (20 years his senior) for simply asking his son to stop splashing water on his towel near the pool area. The staff do not appear to speak much english except those in the lobby area so at times it is difficult to communicate with them.Our room was outside the lift and the rooms are not sealed very well so you can hear every time someone is stepping in or out of the lift. We stayed in Room 716. It was a good price, but I would never return to this hotel. If I return to Patong I will spend a bit more money and stay somewhere nicer. If you want somewhere to simply sleep at night and don't care about the little things then this hotel will probably suit you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift so youare not distracted by people outside your room. Ask for a r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Aussieboy9
Reviewed 23 January 2013

THIS IS A WARNING NOT TO BOOK THIS HOTEL!!

My boyfriend and I just went to Phuket in January. & We chose Andakira hotel as the prices was fairly low. However, the moment we stepped into the premises of the hotel, all my expectations were dashed.

We booked the Deluxe pool access room and guess what? The room is directly in front and facing another building! Which meant that if we were to be at the pool chilling, the dude opposite might just be able to hear our conversation! Terrible experience. More over, the pool is SO DIRTY. The pool water is filled with leafs, stones and it's creamy. I don't even DARE step into the pool. When I called the reception, they briefly gave an excuse that all the pool access rooms are facing buildings! Should I say the design of the hotel has a major problem that the pool access rooms are facing buildings of such close proximity? & We're paying more for the room!!

& I must say the staff of the hotel is so RUDE. None of them portrayed customer service attitude. There barely want to shoo us away. I am always very impressed by hotel staffs who goes the extra mile for their guests. However, this hotel totally had none of the staff that's up to standard. I'm so disappointed.

& also, the hotel sends e-mail prior to our arrival and kindly mentioned that if we were to have any enquiries, feel free to contact their reservations department via e-mail. However, despite 5 e-mails that I sent, NONE was being replied to. I wonder if their reservations department really existed?

In conclusion, this is a horrendous hotel and I urge all of you who is considering this hotel, PLEASE seek another better hotel. My 3d2n stay there was horrifying and I would never ever step into this horrendous inn ever again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lengchee
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The hotel is very good and we recommend on the hotel manager Mr. Sakarin Livakoon who was very professional and kind. He helps us with our lost belongings. The food is o.k. and there are shuttles to paying beach.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank shloco
Reviewed 28 December 2012

On arrival the first person we met was Sakerin,the front administration manager. Wow! what a warm,friendly,effecient and helpful guy.His bubbly jovial self already made our welcome a special one.My wife and I already knew that our 1 week stay here will be a special one and so it was. The room was big neat and very comfortable . The staff was very friendly and always willing to please. .It is very convienantly situated to all tourist places .A 10 min walk to the beach,5 min to Bangala rd and Jungceylon mall and Banzaan fresh market.I will most definitely stay here on my next visit.
Brian , South Africa

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and less disturbance
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is our second visit to this hotel November last year and Dec this year. It will be better when they finish construction. They need a gym and spa etc . This year we took our 2 kids and had 2 Pool access rooms for 6 nights. they are ok showers not good. Breakfast is below average always is. will be back next year having saying that. Anne at reception is very helpful and always with a smile. So if you like a dip and walking distance to alot of areas stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Definitely 3 Stars hotel

Not as good as I expected but it's ok

The rooms are big rooms . staff very friendly .its 8minute walk to the jungceylon centre , Banzaan fresh market and Bangla rd . Hotel is located in a quieter street whilst still convenient to get taxi's or tuk tuks. Hotel offers a free shuttle bus to beach. Recommend.

Room : large and spacious and the bathroom was huge.

Food : below average and breakfast is terrible indeed.

Service : 4 stars

Staffs : polite

Pros
- close to Shoppin' mall

- convenient store nearby

-free shuttle to patong beach

- easy to get cheap and delicious food

-cheap hotel rate

Cons

- far from the beach 15 mins walk

- construction still going'

Would i stay at Andakira again .. not sure.

Room Tip: higher floor then you would have a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple