“Good value”

Ranked #81 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Los Angeles
“Good value”
Reviewed 4 February 2010

Stayed at the Andakira Hotel for 5 nights. The previous reviews are correct, but it seems like service is getting a little better. At least from the hotel management. When I arrived, I was informed that they were having plumbing problems, so they asked me if they could move me to a different hotel for the night. I was concerned that it wouldn't be a very nice hotel, but to my surprise they put me up in the Patong Paragon hotel across the street from Patong Beach. It was a nice stay there. The Andakira picked us up at the specified time to take us back to our hotel.

The Andakira Hotel itself is okay, but not quite a 4 star hotel. The ceramic tile, instead of wood, and the lack of decor in the lobby don't quite make it 4 star. Nevertheless, what you get for the price, it is pretty good.

There was no water pressure for the cold water, and the sink only had a cold water line. This could have been a result of the plumbing issue. There's an in-room safe, which is nice, but it's rather small. Couldn't get my netbook through the opening. Other than that, the room was comfortable.

The breakfast was pretty good, though not as good as the Patong Paragon, and they provide 2 computers in the lobby for internet access. There's also free wireless access in the room. It was convenient to the shopping mall, and not far from the beach.

I had book 2 nights at the Burasari Hotel in case the Andakira Hotel didn't work out. The Burasari's Classic room was $25 more a night. When I went to check out a Classic (meaning old wing) room at the Burasari, it was worse than the Andakira, so I stayed put.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank globetrekker728

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We stayed in Andakira for 4 days in December. The rooms and the hotel were quite clean and decent. The pool area wasn't too fancy or too big. The breakfast buffet was decent but nothing compared to other thai hotels. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and that is the best part of this hotel. The hotel had a free internet which was great. The location of the hotel was quite bad as you had to walk alongside a very busy street without a pedestrian walkway, traffic lights or even road lights. The hotel was approximately 1,5km from the beach but the hotel did offer a free shuttle bus to the beach a few times a day.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
North Coast, NSW
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The room was great, location good and very convenient ( walk to shopping, shuttle to the beach), breakfast buffet was excellent and room service was also very good. However, the service at reception was well below an acceptable standard. Staff had difficulty understanding English and questions could not be answered, information could not be given.
When I was checking out I was asked to wait while they checked my room. I was accused of taking the laundry bag! I told the staff member that I had sent laundry the previous day and I did not receive a replacement bag. I was then told to write and sign a statement to that effect. Unbelievable....a disappointing end to an otherwise very positive stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
wanderland
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Although I stayed only 1 night at this brand new hotel, I should say it was a very pleasant stay . The room was impeccably new and clean (probably because it was new) and the service staff - from the door man to the check in staff, were extremely helpful and do go the extra miles to ensure that we have a comfortable stay. Kudos to the door men who assisted us to contact the cab driver which we have booked in advance to send us to the airport. But as we have returned late to the hotel, the driver actually left without us. That caused quite a bit of worry for us, but luckily the door men saved our day and managed to get the cab driver to return to the hotel to pick us up.

Other than that, I would say the location of the hotel is superb as its only 5 mins walk away from the major shopping strip and the new Jungceylon mall, inclusive of Bangla road nightlife. However, the road leading to these places are full of heavy traffic thus it is extremely dangerous just to cross the road and getting over to the other side.

A few other things to highlight about the hotel - there is no instruction manual stated on the room's safe deposit box which most hotels have, and it caused quite a bit of a problem as I couldnt get the lock to open when I was doing a test on it. It seems like the hotel is aware of this problem, for when I was shown to my room upon check in, I was informed briefly by the staff on how to 'operate' it. Apparently, that didnt get into my head and the instruction manual on the safe would definitely help. I was also quite put off when I noticed a soiled man's underwear in one of the drawer - looks like more effort is needed to improve on housekeeping.

The hotel is also of very close proxmity to the other hotel just opposite it, so much so that I could actually look right into the rooms from my bed. and I suppose the guests from the hotel opposite us could see through as well, and that doesnt really offer much privacy unless the curtains are drawn. Similar to what others here have posted before, I would think much can be done to clean up the drains around the hotel, as that can be quite off putting when you looked down from the balcony and see the dirty mess in it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends