I have only 3 basic requirements for rooms when I am on a budget. Cleanliness, proximity to facilities and working air conditioner. Asia Loop fulfill 2 1/2 out of 3.It was really clean and spacious, 7Eleven was next door & the beach 10mins walk away but the air conditioner was working but it was so weak I hardly feel cool in the room but it was still liveable.
Having said that, although I stayed for a good price there are few amenities that could have been better. AsiaLoop has no elevator. I was aware of this when I booked the hotel but I figured considering that I only need the room to sleep I can live with going up and down the stairs twice a day. 1 to go out in the day and 1 to come back to sleep. I was wrong. When we checked in, the TV remote wasnt working, we had no kettle to boil water, we only had 1 towel and we needed a universal adaptor for the power socket. Now, this could have easily been sorted out just by calling front desk right? Wrong. The room has no phone so I had to go 3 floors down, explain my situation to the front desk lady, she told me to go back up and wait for someone to send all the items I requested except the universal adaptor cos she doesnt have any. Then, when I manage to purchase a universal adaptor, the wall socket was positioned in a horizontal manner such that when I attached my phone charger to the adaptor, because it only attached to 2 pin it was heavy it tilted to angle and dropped which was very frustrating. (I hope you can imagine what I am describing here) I had to use the bedside lamp to prop the adapter so that it remain stuck to the wall. On the whole, I had to go up and down about 3 times before the room was sorted and we can finally settle in the room.
I would have no doubt that AsiaLoop would have been a great hotel if the little details was not missed out but in my case it was the little details that made the first impression a little more....disappointing. I probably will not come back to stay only because the first day was so inconvenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AsiaLoop G-House is Situated on a side street on the southern end of Patong Beach. The hotel is within walking distance to the beach, Jungceylon Shopping Complex and the night life of Soi Bangla, Patong beach Road and Simone Carbaret. The contemporary rooms provide luxurious bedding and wi-fi internet access in every room. Stay fit at the fully equipped rooftop swimming pool and enjoy the Patong Beach sunset. Experience Thai/Italian hospitality at the Asia Loop G-House at Patong Beach, Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your AsiaLoop G-House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asialoop g-House Hotel Patong
- AsiaLoop G-House Phuket/Patong