“Great place! Clean fresh and friendly!”

Absolute Bangla Suites
Ranked #86 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“Great place! Clean fresh and friendly!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! Clean amazing food. Very good airconditioned rooms. Great room service and loved the short courses they had with towel animals and food carving! Stayed with my dad as he's a member of absolute and I'll look forward to staying at the new absolute up in the hills which Kim" a great man we met who somewhat manages them. Great food and great tidy place. Never go back to bangla road but I'll stay there again no questions asked!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Roxy W
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thanks for your great review and welcome to the Absolute family. So glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to one of our resorts real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The property is excellently located at the party street of Soi Bangla. Everything is there
In walking distance . The best hypermarket and plenty of entertainment is just in walking
Distance.the hotel is fabulous . Nice pool at the fifth floor and restaurant and the
privacy the hotel affords all it's guests. Fantastic property and fantastic service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your nice review very pleased you had a nice time in the heart of Phuket and we look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The location of this hotel is great, it is so close to everything! Some might dislike that the hotel is on the party street of patong but I am not a party person & it did not bother me at all. I was actually surprised that I could not hear all the noise from my room.

Besides the location everything else was very average!

What i am extremely disappointed about is that one night I took off my gold diamond necklace & placed it inside my bag, I was going to put it in the safe but it totally slipped my mind. The next day after the cleaners had made up my room I was trying to find it, I literally turned my room upside down & it was no where. I spoke to the hotel management about the stole necklace and they did NOTHING at all to help me. I was shocked & very upset. It was my fault for not putting the necklace in the safe straight away but I would like to think that cleaners would not go through my bag & take something that is not theirs!

Anyways, you can find great hotels in Patong for the price of this hotel or even cheaper!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Renae M
You seem to have waited quite a long time to post this review but nevertheless I am very sorry to hear about your missing necklace but can assure that are staff are carefully vetted and we have very strict rules about housekeeping in general.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Whether we wanted to being amongst it all....or avoid it all, this has been our favourite hotel!
We had a room facing away from Bangla road and could not hear a thing! The room itself was lovely ....our own lovely spa which was used every night! For the girls.....if you are spending time in Bangla road bars....it is not too far back to your toilet in the hotel! The massage girls at the end of your lane do a wonderful job....my feet were amazing! For the boys....I heard first hand from someone who was having a tattoo done at the end of the lane...he was brilliant, so went back for more! I saw his tatts and all looked good!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Bangla unless you intend to party until the wee hours every day! D...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim M
Sounds like you all had a fab time and enjoyed the variety of life that's on offer along Bangla Rd, it would be great to welcome you all back again very soon to visit all the places you didn't quite make enough time for. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back once again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Am SO disappointed with this 'resort'. Been here only 4 days & just can't wait for the week to be over. As an absolute member I really expect more & this experience has just confirmed why I will never pay them a cent more & upgrade my membership. I can't help but feel this is punishment for not purchasing the upgrade they spent 5+hrs trying to convince me to purchase last week. I was very tempted & seriously considering it since our first week at Twin Sands was lovely (despite some less then desirable construction noise which I we happy to overlook as I understand the area is still developing) however the timing is just not right (currently in between jobs) and thought I would upgrade as soon as my financial position improved. This experience at Bangala Suites however makes me never want to return to Phuket!!
No point in reiterating what every other negative reviewer has said other then to agree with it all. Noisy, dirty, 'Vegas style' accommodation that is uncomfortable & very unenjoyable.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Simsmile
I am sorry to hear your stay with us was not entirely successful. Of course each of our resorts have different qualities and one of the reasons to build our own developments was to upgrade the facilities and provide a more luxurious all round experience for our guests.
Hamilton
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The position of the apartment block is not the best and is accessed off the famous Bangla Road which is very vibrant at night. The position of our bedroom was on noisy side of the building next to loud...ish music which goes on until 4.00am....next time I will ask for a room on the quiet side. The one bedroom apartment was pleasantly spacious, well decorated with all the necessities in the kitchen area. The staff were wonderful throughout and very obliging and the roof top pool, bar and restaurant provided seclusion from the surroundings. The food was excellent and value for money with staff with smiles of their faces all the time.
For a couple of our age (65-70) and our first visit to Thailand, the experience of the Patong area was quite acceptable as there is lots to do and see in the surrounding areas.
For those of us from Britain where fruit is not always juicy and sweet as it should be, the supermarket is full of succulent fruit.
I will probably return someday for the continuous sunshine as Scotland does not have much throughout the year..

Room Tip: On the side away from the night club.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dahenwood
I think we all wish we were younger but it does sound like you had a fun time in what is a very very loud part of the island. Next time maybe you should look at our resorts that are just slightly away from the firing line so to speak.
South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Overall my Bangla experience was great . The staff are very friendly, very helpful and smiled often. We were treated as friends, not anonymous hotel guests. The "fish fingers" up at the pool are super yummy and the bbq was great. We ate out most of the time so can't really comment on the food but it looked and smelt yummy. The rooms were spotless and staff worked continually to keep them that way. On the Bangla rd side we heard the nightlife but we were offered another room on the other side and didn't hear a peep! However: I did get one filthy towel (folded straight from the laundry) that was disgusting and regulating the water temperature in the shower just didn't happen. It was a choice of hot or cold...no middle ground. Many hours were spent in the pool which is glorious. Would I go back? In a minute!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kerrie-Ann N
Your minute is up ! We need you to come back and enjoy again your stay with us. Apologies for the shower temperature I'm afraid this has been a little temperamental of late but appears to have sorted itself out now. A pity you didn't have the opportunity to sample our Climax Restaurant so that would be a good excuse for that overdue return visit.