“This place is the exact opposite of all the good reviews”

My Thai Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
My Thai Guest House
Ranked #223 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“This place is the exact opposite of all the good reviews”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I booked this place after reading all the good reviews of this guesthouse even though I was a bit apprehensive this place. The rooms were tiny, smells bad, the beds were old, blankets and towels were disgusting and the aircon was leaking. When we complain about the aircon leaking, the staff was so rude and said it was our fault for turning the temperature of the aircon on too low, and they wouldn't even help clean the mess but instead reluctantly shove us some bedsheets to clean up ourselves. One day, when we went out for a little while and left the aircon on, we were locked out of our room and told that we have to pay a fine for leaving the power on when we are not in the room. Its terrible, don't believe the previous good reviews of this place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank djbfa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My bf and I booked this Guesthouse purely on the good reviews we read on TA. We arrived by local bus at Patong beach, after 20 mins of walking around trying to find it we had to pay 200 baht in the end for a cabby who phoned My Thai and informed us it was very far away! Indeed it turns out its the other end of Patong (which isn't very far but a good half hr walk), 10 min walk from Kalim beach not Patong beach like they advertise.

When we did arrive after ringing the bell a few times someone finally came over. He was quite rude asking what we want, when we said to check in he faffed about for a while saying he's very busy and alone today.. Everything seemed very disorganised and he didn't introduce himself.

The rooms are small which is fine, the bed had a huge dip in the middle which gave us a bad back and the tv had completely gone was green & purple, when we mentioned this to Finn (we saw his name on a letter in the room) instead of apologising & saying he'd take care of it he said no-one else had mentioned it & that he was alone so probably wouldn't be able to look at it. However the tv was replaced, not without moaning to us what it had cost him.

On top of this we only had our room cleaned twice in a week, Finn said his cleaning girl did not arrive on the 2nd day and that he did not have time. So sheets were not changed on the 3rd day like they say they will be and he did not check if we needed toilet paper etc either.

We found the whole stay very comfortable and way overpriced. Finn was extremely unfriendly, and having no smoking signs around the place is a complete contradiction when you're smoking everywhere and the stench reaches every room!

Other than all these negatives there are night restaurants right outside, Friendly being our fave. Although it got a bit noisy in our room at 12ish when they're closing up.

Find somewhere nearer Patong beach, they're cheaper and better location.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Panderella
Perth
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have stayed at this guesthouse numerous times now and each time its just as good. The rooms are clean and comfortable, cable tv, in room safes, large fridges and airconditioned. This guesthouse is situated in an excellent spot. A 10 minute walk from the beach and the nightlife. Just outside are numerous restaurants that are filled with delicious seafood and great dinners. The guesthouse has a 24hr reception which is perfect for late night travellers and the staff are always helpful and reliable. The owner is a great guy who is very friendly and willing to help you with any questions or problems. It is an affordable guesthouse and is well maintained i will be back again soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This was a decent place to stay if you're looking for budget accomodation in Patong Beach. We stayed in the rooms with shared bathrooms, which seemed to be the worst on the premises. The room was clean, but the beds (2 twin beds) were in pretty bad condition (my husband compared his to a hammock). If you're just looking for a bare-bones places, this would be just fine. If you want any sort of comfort, I'd probably look elsewhere.

The location is a definite pro of this guest house, though. It is about a 10 minute (leisurely) walk to the beach. Right outside of the hostel is a wide array of street food and a very helpful booth where you can book tours.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are right near the 4 massive water heaters, and it makes the whole floor seem a litt...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were quite impressed with the cleanliness of this inn. The bathrooms and rooms were all clean, bright, and inviting, and included the bare necessities: bed, towel, shower, bathroom. There is an emphasis on quiet and the place has a peaceful atmosphere. The 24 hour reception desk was great, we checked out at 4am without problems. Great place for budget travelers, and a 10 minute walk from the crazy part of Patong. And only 5 minutes from the beach!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This guesthouse is one of the cleanest I've stayed at while traveling in Thailand. The price is very affordable for college students. Also having a reception that is open for 24 hours makes checking out very convenient. It's also a close 10 minute walk to the beach and the nightlife at Patong is within walking distance. The staff is also very friendly. I would definitely go back to My Thai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dawn C
Perth
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here for the last two nights of my Thailand trip. Not a huge room but comfortable and clean. Staff were excellent. Finn the manager was brilliant and always helpful. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo