“Hidden Gem!! Awesome experience.. A home where far away..”
Review of Limburi Hometel

Limburi Hometel
Ranked #191 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Sg
“Hidden Gem!! Awesome experience.. A home where far away..”
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Great location, with only 5 mins walk to Juncelyon .. (Limburi is just directly opp christine massage)

Awesome service!! - Breakfast was serve 9am - 9pm, however they took the initiate to pack sandwich with milk for us to start our day trip at 8am!! One of these day, when our evening trip was cancelled and the manager (boi) reminded us on our bfast.. excellent services

will definitely revisit!!

Cheers

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Malaysia
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Booked this hotel room at Agoda. Room 304 was the room that we stayed at. From what I have seen from Limburi Hometel website, each room was decorate differently. Room 304 looks nice and the furniture is clean and new. Bathroom was rather small but you get what you paid for. There's more than 90 TV channels, which is a good thing as you won't be bored if you're planning to stay in the room for the whole day. The things that I don't like about Limburi Hometel is... there is no elevator in the building and there is NO water boiler in the room (surprisingly).

But no worries, 7 Eleven is just 3 minutes away and you can get cheap street food (fried rice, pork leg rice, sour mango salad, sweet corn) as it's just few minutes walk. The shopping mall - Jungceylon is just 5 minutes walk! It's really convenience to stay at here. Let's Relax massage & spa is just 3 minutes walk too. If you're planning for island tour or any kind of tour, there's a lot of tour agencies around, no worries.

The beach is however 10 minutes walk away. Overall, i think it's a good choice to stay at Limburi Hometel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Found this awesome place through word of mouth. Staying in the heart of Patong with lovely people at the counter always there to smile and help you, it could not be better. Walking distance from the Beach, Jung Ceylon Shopping Complex, Bangla Road, next door bike rental and laundry.

This hotel still does not feature in Lonely Planet (yet), which makes it not crowded and perhaps more exclusive for insiders. Recently refurbished, excellent rooms with everything working. Superb staff: Dayah helped us in so many ways. From figuring out how to reach some place, renting taxis to go to airport and tonnes of other things, with always a smile on her face. The other staff were equally helpful.

The restaurant though, could improve itself to come at par with the hotel accomodation standards. This is not a criticism of the food there, which was also very nice, but a testimony to the quality of the hotel instead. They presently lack staff and the business is not focussed towards a restaurant yet.

I would advice all my friends this hotel, its a gem along with the people who work there. Highly reccommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Have just spent another 2 weeks at Limburi Hometel and was just as impressed as my first visit. The staff in particular were really friendly with that broad and genuine Thai smile to welcome us each time we encountered them.
Really easy walk to Jungceylon Centre, Bangla Rd entertainment options as well as the beach.
Make sure you try the lunch special at Lim Bistro. Wonderful selection and a fantastic price too.
The great security gives a good feeling too! Overall, if you want something more cosy than the large and impersonal hotel chains then you won't be disappointed if you choose Limburi for your stay in Patong. My next visit will be booked soon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I just completed a 3 week stay at the Limburi. From the time that I had checked in, I knew that I had made the right decision booking this hotel.
Its located in an excellent area, everything is on the doorstep. It took me 5minute to walk to the Junceylon Shopping mall & Bangla road and a 10minute walk to the beach.
The hotel has a terrace situated on the 1st floor with a bar, overlooking the busy area, a perfect place to relax with snacks and a drink. I also took my breakfast here each morning.
Below the terrace there is a Bistro serving thai dishes and European meals, and if there was something that I didn’t like on the menu, they was always more than happy to cook me what I wanted.
To get into the accommodation area, you had to use a swipe card which I thought was a brilliant idea. There were also cctv cameras throughout the building and a night security guard on hand if you should require any assistance in the evening time.

I took a standard room and it was perfect, bright, airy, modern and clean. So clean and new. I was told this place has only been open 2-3month from renovation. There was a LCD TV, safe deposit box, A/C, fridge and the bed was so so comfortable! One day I required an iron and iron board and it was brought to my room within 10minutes.
Free Wi-Fi in the building which was a nice extra.

I stayed alone during my stay there, and there weren’t any problems bringing a guest back to the room, no charge
I took a few excursions that the hotel provided me with, they was so helpful in helping me make the right choices

Would I stay here again? Defiantly. I didn’t want to leave!.. My total stay was perfect, thank you to the ever so friendly manager and all the staff for making my stay a unforgettable one ;-)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank craiguk0
Sydney
Reviewed 8 February 2010

This great property has been totally renewed and the rooms are so good. Spacious, fresh and clean. Also well located being near to Jungceylon, shops and restaurants. Also an easy walk to nightlife without being so close that you are annoyed. You can walk to the beach too.

Staff are warm and friendly and extremely helpful. This hotel is a gem and well worth considering for anyone looking for a top hotel with a personal touch. I will be returning!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo