“High quality food...”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Woody Point, Australia
“High quality food...”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Food cost where a little pricey but you get a very high quality product. nobody minds paying extra for good quality!

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Breakfast in Patong - or - Top 5 For Sure!!!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Where to begin... Ok, Soi Sansabai (The last full soi before Jungceylon Shopping Mall - Up the soi and on the left across from the Dive School with the outdoor pool)

My 2 mates Paul and Phil had the Yorkshire on Lock Down and finally I was extended an invite... Upon entry - nice smiles - tables all around and a full bar - and (my choice) Booths. The booths have small TV's on the wall, so if you're alone, definitely a good way to stay informed - usually BBC is on. They have some other screens with some sports playing usually.

Now to the good stuff... English and Full English for a respected $6 or $10... Eggs, Beans, Tomato, English/Canadian Bacon (YES!!!) Sausage, Blood Sausage (I'll take extra Bacon - Hold the Blood please - but many can't be wrong about lovin' it - just not for me) Mushrooms & Toast with butter and Jelly/Jam/Marmalade ...and I will say, with the utmost confidence, the BEST HASH BROWN POTATO OF YOUR LIFE! PERIOD. It's like a deep-fried or pan fried mash potato (circular - and thick - but not baseball - more like a filled in mini-Frisbee) This is the MAIN reason for me going for the breakfast! You can't beat this potato - It's a $6 Fried Mash Potato that includes a free breakfast! So good! You also get coffee and juice with your breaky. the smaller English does not include mushrooms or blood sausage or potato, but asking for the extra anything isn't a problem, they are more than happy to accommodate. Many a time I've asked for the small English and an extra hash brown and received not 1 but 2 of those bad boys!!! Yorkshire, I thank you! ...and they say English fare has no creativity, colorful variety or flavor. Pshaw! LOL!!! So, for the money, the service, and the FOOD, you can't go wrong @ The Yorkshire - They definitely have a "Steve of Approval!"

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“quiet retreat near all the action!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just returned from staying at the Yorkshire hotel yesterday. Booked a double deluxe room in the new extension of the hotel,on the second floor for two weeks.Rooms are of a good size,very comfortable bed,well stocked mini bar. (although I tended to buy my drinks from local seven-eleven convenience store)The vast majority of the patrons staying at the hotel,are single guys,like myself,so not really suitable for families.The outdoor pool is wonderful,it also has a sauna and steam room facility. Although I personally did'nt use it,has also a large gym for the keep fit among you.Very quiet at night,considering Taipan nightclub is very close by,pumping out the music till the early hours! Sadly, I heard Paul Gibson,the owner passed away this year. Had the pleasure of meeting him on a stay at the hotel last year,he always made himself available for a chat to the customers.

Visited December 2013
adelaide,australia
“best breakfast in patong beach”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

had breakfast there . And it was a huge english breakfast I just could not eat it all . good coffee too .. Fast and friendly service .. . Tvs everywhere showing BBC news . Very clean .. Quite yet near the street . Air conditioning works good and quite too

Visited October 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“phuket wedding”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This review is long overdue, but like they say: "Better late than never!"

With our visit to Thailand my then fiance and i decided to get married in Thailand on our 10yr anniversary. After a long search and many disappointments my fiance came across this number on the internet. Plz note this was the night before our special day and i have given up hope on having our wedding day in this country. The morning of our wedding my fiance called the number explaining everything to a gentleman called Neale and upon hearing we are from South Africa, he started speaking Afrikaans, already ,making us feel so comfortable, and ordered us to get to the Yorkshire Hotel immediately.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, Neale met us at reception and we explained everything to him over a cup of coffee.....best cuppa i ever had in the Phuket. Neale immediately called his assistant, who was at home as it was her day off, to come in and help him with arranging our wedding for us. I felt so sorry for her as she had to tag along her child as it was such short notice to get someone to babysit. She was informed on the requirements etc and immediately sprung to work. I could see the sweat dripping from Neale's face as he started stressing as there was only a few hours left before our ceremony starts. After leaving Neale and his staff to do all the arrangements we were contentiously called to keep us in the loop of how the arrangements are progressing.

And so the time was getting closer and closer. We make our way from our hotel to the Yorkshire, rain pouring down, nerves shot. I was told that under no circumstance am i allowed to go outside to the area where the wedding will be held. My bridesmaids and i first had a few drinks before being booked into one of the rooms to get ready for the ceremony. The guys arrived later where they get some drinks for the nerves and some complementary biltong.

A knock on the door and the time has arrived! Ooooh never before have i been so nervous or so emotional. The wedding march starts and here we go. With stepping foot outside, seeing how beautiful the area has been decorated and my soon-to-be husband standing waiting for me i could not believe what Neale and his team has arranged in such little time.

The ceremony was perfect, every little detail of the whole evening was just what we wanted and more. The bridge leading over the swimming pool was decorated with blue and white balloons, a white gazebo with our names and hearts everywhere, bridal bouquet with pure white roses, a wedding cake, a table set out for us with flower arrangements in blue and white, the food so deliciously tasteful and more than we could finish, champagne and our own private waiters seeing to our personal needs. What more could we ask for?

There are no words to express our gratitude to Neale and his team. They made it possible that we have a lifetime of memories and our special day extra special.

With our next visit to Thailand we will definitely be visiting the Yorkshire Hotel and we will recommend it to anyone anytime.

Kind Regards