B-Lay Tong Phuket
US$147
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$136
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$97
US$59
US$123
1,056 results
All reviewsacross the roadpatong beachjacuzzi on the balconybangla roadquiet endpool bardeluxe roompool accessmain pooltuk tuknight lifemin walkthe hustle and bustlehivephuketminibarmaintenance
Reviewed 8 January 2013

On the more "calm" side of Patong beach, almost on Kalim beach this modern hotel was very much to our liking. You could walk into the heart of Patong and Bangla road (if that is your thing) in about 10 minutes, but if you choose not to then therr are plenty of really good restaurants around the hotel and furthrr up Kalim beach. The hotel is a 4 star trying really hard to be a 5 star but it is lacking a bit. The rooms are a bit "worn" (cracks in the walls etc) but nice and clean. We had direct pool access and it is not to the main pool but a long thin pool passing by 5-6 rooms. So we only felt comfortable swimming in our small squard of the pool outside our room - so if I stay there again I will not spend money on that again. (also those rooms get no direct sun!) the level of english of the staff, even for Thailand, was extremely bad.nit was only reception that spoke some english. We had several encounters with housekeeping and room service and if they didnt understand you they would do one of 3 things: 1. Someone else would call you back and check what you wanted, 2. Come to your door so you could use the wonderful language that is body language to make them understand what you wanted, or 3. They would say yes, and do nothing about it. They did have some nice touches though, like a beach bag for you to use while you were there, the mini-bar was free and refilled every day. We didnt have a meal plan on our booking but we soon discovered that it was cheaper to order room service for breakfast than go to the dining room so we did that for the whole stay. And do NOT let them book you taxi to the airport. They wanted to charge us 1500 BHT, but we paid 800 BHT to a taxi driver we found outside the hotel. (we rented a taxi for 6 hours for sightseeing and paid 1400BHT). But all in all a nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathrine27
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed at B-Lay Tong for NYE and NYD and was very happy with the room (with lap pool) and the hotel amenities (swim up pool bar, NYE gala dinner). Wes, the General Manager was very attentive as were all staff. The Gala buffet dinner was ridiculously good as was the breakfast buffet. The location is by far the best in Patong - beach front, just north of the craziness. Very cool place for a couple.

Room Tip: The lap pool rooms are a must!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessica9199
Reviewed 5 January 2013

It's my second stay in B-Lay Tong since April for Songkran ( Thai New Year ).
I was fully satisfied at that time by this hotel and especially because of these points:

1- Location: in the northern part of Patong, facing the long sandy beach. Only few hotels in this
area, what means less people and more cleanliness on the beach.
2- Hotel is not too big, on a human scale and i liked the modern design.
3- NIce room, big enough with sea view and outdoor jacuzzi ( Grand Deluxe Room ).
Very good soundproofing: i never heard my neighbours, only the noisy air conditioner.
Pretty glazed bathroom, always good water pressure, good overall cleanliness level.
Free mini bar filled every day.
4- Amenities: beautiful pool ( but always crowded ), tastefull restaurant, spa ( not tested ), bar
and nightclub, gym ( but very small ), etc
5- Mixed crowd, majority of couples, some families with children ( but few ), relaxed atmosphere.
6- Nice staff , always willing to help ( with a smile ). English level fair, better as 6 months before.
Good service.

I stayed 12 nights this time and have to make these observations for the Christmas period:

The whole of Patong city was fully packed ( and also the hotel ) by tourists, most of them are Russians, the traffic is a really nighmare with heavy pollution and noise, the beach was O.K. at the beginning but gets very dirty after New Year, it's a high peak season and Patong becames the biggest tourist factory in Thailand.

The negative about the location is that you need 30 min on foot to reach the city centre, the shopping mall Jungceylon, the nighlife area and the multiple restaurants. Beware: it's not a pleasant walk! Narrows sidewalks, hundreds of persons and so much cars in torrid heat, all kinds of touts and massage girls, very tiring. However you can catch a tuk tuk, but the trip will cost 200 bahts ( or 300 at night ), what seems exaggerated for Thailand but here it was standardized by the taxi and tuk tuk mafia. Not possible to bargain.
I dont recommand to rent a scooter, driving is very dangerous here especially at night.

My tip: stay in a Grand Deluxe Room on the top floor ( 4th ) and AVOID CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS.

For more intamacy and sophistication, go to Pullman Hotel at Naithon beach ( opening soon ), or Adamas Imperial Beach resort, or more to the south to Hai Narn Beach or Cape Canwa.

I will maybe return to the B-Lay Tong, but certainly not at the same period!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ethansGeneva
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Location, decor, food, staff and art... it's all great. The infinity pool is a dream. I actually had friends who were staying at other area hotels, and paying much more I might add, come visit me and were very envious of this gem of a hotel. It's got a hip vibe, and doesn't push to corner the family travel market if you know what I mean, so it was a very nice and relaxing place to stay. We were here for the New Years celebrations and found it a very nice sanctuary from the screeching of Patong, even though its got a prime location on the road running along the beach. The first couple of nights we stayed in one of the lovely pool front rooms which were unbelievable. We also stayed in a balconied room and loved it. On top of that, the complementary minibar and super comfy beds means we will be back!!!

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Lindsay F
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I admit that at on first sight I was a little disappointed with the B-Lay Tong. I had not been to Phuket before and I was hoping for something more elegant, more Ibiza like I guess. The lobby was mix of garish and tasteful. It was frustrating because it could so easily be stunning. On the plus side, the pool was fantastic and the rooms were large and comfortable. My opinion on the B-lay Tong changed rapidly though when I saw the other hotels in the Patong area -- most of them were dumps. Patong seems to be the Las Vegas on Phuket, actually, maybe it's the Reno of Phuket, it's not a place of sophisticated elegance. It's a place to get drunk and find cheap sex, and I guess if that's your thing your not looking for elegant. The B-Lay was the best of a bad lot. And as it turns out, I had a lot of fun. Getting drunk helped. I passed on the cheap sex though, but it took some work, you can't walk two feet without being propositioned by a lady or lady boy. There are not enough antibiotic in Thailand for that. Some of those Lady boys though... you would have no idea.

Room Tip: Probably the best that Patong Beach has to offer. The only issue is Patong beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter H

Thank you for your insight and candor concerning your impressions of Patong.

We spend a great deal of effort to stand out from the rest, and although Patong is not for everyone, we believe that we have created an oasis away from its seedier side.