“Heterogenous hotel”
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #65 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The exterior of the hotel is quite ugly (grey, with buildings being restaurated just neaby), which gives a bad first feeling when arriving. Fortunately, the rooms are much better, without being outstanding. The staff is nice, the pool is nice as well, just in front of the beach. Prices are reasonnable. Breakfast is very good, bot the venue and the quality. The location is a bit far from the central part of Patong beach but it has the advantage of being in a quite area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Patrick H,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to read that you globally enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. I regret however that you liked less the hotel environment and outside look. Your comment is taken under account. We indeed give a lot of attention to our breakfast and have shared with the Food and Beverage team your encouragements.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for B-Lay Tong Phuket

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel across the road from the beach and was un-down by bad service at the restaurant on most evening while having pre dinner drinks.Complementary food was only offered to selected guest on nights which at first was thought some people were just over looked and over the week found the same staff member doing just that.
The bathrooms have a rain shower and on the floor has wood to stand on which has mould around it that does not get clean after requesting this over the week

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the beach or suffer from road noise 24/7
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HowardDG
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear HowardDG,
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on our TripAdvisor pages.
I am sorry that the experience did not fully meet your expectations and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The experience you described at the bar causes me deep concern. This does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for nor all last comments from other travelers below. It is sad that the behavior of one staff can spoil an experience and I will make my utmost to make sure it never occurs again.
We hope to see you again soon where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

From the moment we stepped into the reception to check in staff were friendly, professional and extremly helpful- this did not waiver our entire stay. Always ready to help and greet with a smile. The location was fantastic just outside the hussle of main streets but within a short 15 min stroll down to the main action with beautiful beach walk with plently of stalls to buy odds and ends along the way that soon you are at the main shopping/bar area. We got a Tuk Tuk ride back if loaded too much with our shopping or drinks for only 200. Loved the lap pool outside our room and the main pool was excellent with great bar staff able to bring our cocktails right to the edge of the pool so relaxing and lunch great value and excellent quality (all by the pool). Breakfast daily in the breakfast room was always great qualtiy, and staff super friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and modern and serviced daily prior to mid day so never returned to rooms not serviced. Also had room service which was a of excellent value and quality- can't really fault this hotel and would certainly come back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor South side with private acess to the lap pool which was great when...
3  Thank Jen D
Reviewed 20 May 2014

To be honest I really can't fault this hotel, from the moment you check in til you leave you are treated to 5 star luxury.

it is true that the hotel is situated outside the hustle and bustle of main Patong but it is only a 15 mins stroll and on the way back if you are feeling too tired all tuk tuks will cost you 200 baht.

I tried the food on several occasions and have to say the standard and value were excellent. I even ordered room service at 4am because I was struggling with my jet lag and it took 15 mins to come to my room and tasted delicious.

The infinity pool is also amazing, you can swim to the edge and watch the beach across the road whilst paddling in your pool, absolutely delightful.

I have now saved my best comment to last and this must go out to all the staff at the hotel, everyone did their best to be friendly and were so accommodating, smiling all the time and just making my stay the more better.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return sometime next year.

Room Tip: Next time I will try the rooms with pool access.
3  Thank NobleWarrior
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Noblewarrior,
We were delighted to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
I have shared and celebrated your comments with my Team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

B-Lay Tong Phuket is just right opposite the Andaman Sea! The resort is very stylish. It's an oasis of Patong; not too crowded. I travelled with my family and stayed there for 1 night. We got the connecting rooms. The bed is comfortable. The decoration in the room is unique. I like the rain shower in the bathroom. The swimming pool is huge and you can see the Sea from there. We all enjoyed our stay there. We would definately come back to B-Lay Tong Phuket. The staff are the great asset of the resort; from the security guys, the porters, the receptionists are extremely friendly and willing to help. Thanks to Khun Sao; guest service agent, i met her at night during settle the bills. I appreciate her courtesy, help, and professionalism. Morover, the friendly porter who always welcome and greet the guests there. I'm so sorry I don't know his name. Anyway You guys nailed it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jasmine J

Dear Jasmine J,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review and share pictures.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to taking care of you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Located at end stretch of Patong beach, only few hotels that give you peaceful moment at Patong. Very friendly and attentive staffs. Great artistic design.

We had 2 nights stay in Pool access room at ground floor, 2 nights stay in Grand deluxe room with Jacuzzi and sea view. The rooms are clean and spacious, come with a Ipod deck and mood light. For pool access room, the pool only shared by 5 to 6 rooms, can be quite discreet at the Cello Block. Grand deluxe have excellent view facing the swimming pool and Patong Beach. Beach tote bag, umbrella and flip flop are well prepared in the room for guest usage.
Daily complimentary cocktails at their B-Hive bar with live band.
Buffet style breakfast with average variety. They even have a library!

The not so good part- a mini gym with limited equipment. That's all.

Area for improvement-
Additional floor mat or floor towel can be prepared for pool access room and jacuzzi room at the balcony so the guest won't wet the room.
There are dirts and stains in the rain shower cubicle, in-between the wooden platform and the floor, my facial wash bottle accidentally dropped into the gap and i did consider to throw it away

Generally we like it alot, we definitely come back here for our next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!!
2  Thank Zino G

Dear Zino G,
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.
I am taking good note of your improvement opportunities comments.
Thanks for taking the time to review us and hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I think you shall gather from the title of this review that myself and my partner could not recommend this hotel highly enough

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel as if we were the only guest and were looked after to such an extent that you would have believed this to have been the case.

Everything from our Deluxe pool access room, from the AMAZING artwork, to the loungers to the amazing guests that we met made this hotel a wonderful place to stay and a wonder environment to loose yourself in.

We, as other guest have attributed too, had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel almost everyday and never once had anything but good things to say about what was put infront of us. The food is exceptional.

We enjoyed it so much in fact that we decided to have a cooking class from the hotel chefs directly, to which they made an absolute fuss of us. Once again, we were made to feel truly valued by the hotel and its staff.

We have indeed already been looking at booking our next stay at this hotel (which we would never ordinarily do).

I would like to just say that every single member of staff we encountered was exceptional and they truly are a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Pool Access
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kieron W
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Kieron W,
Thank you so much for your delightful review.
It will be definitively shared tomorrow with all staff. This is the kind of feedback which keeps us motivated to look after all our guests.
The cooking class is a new addition to our services so I am happy to read that you had a great time.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.