“Spectacular place to stay!”
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #72 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had never heard of B-Lay Tong before I stayed there, it was a completely new experience for me and my wife and very worth it. This was our first time to Phuket as well so we're glad we chose this hotel as from the minute we arrived, they greeted us with kindness and quickly guided us to our Pool Front Deluxe Room. The room was very clean and had a beautiful private lap pool which was exactly what we wanted. On arrival, we were also given free drink vouchers for the Bee Hive, a restaurant/bar with an very nice outside area (next to patong beach), there signature drinks were definitely worth trying while listening to a trio of decent musicians covering popular songs in a very jazzy style.

The staff at the front desk were quite friendly and were happy to assist whenever needed. In fact, the girl who attended us was 'Kea' if I recall and was always smiling. I'd also like to thank Nina, the manager who made us feel very welcome with some extra special care, once again thank you for the relaxing time.

The food was quite ok, we normally stayed for breakfast and then were out most of the day. During breakfast there's quite a variety so depends on individual tastes. I think the Hotel could improve the variety a little bit by offering some more traditional Thai breakfast options :-).

Even though we enjoyed our very own pool front access, we did check out the main pool which was a beautiful infiniti pool facing Patong beach, this was pretty good.

The hotel itself is right at the begining of Patong beach so relatively easier to reach and once there, its easy to walk around, get tuk tuks to go to the nearby Bangla street or Tiger Kingdom. There's a lot of activities close by for everyone, as well as short drives away.

I would like to return to this hotel in the future, prices are not too expensive however its always good to keep a check on special offers through the Hotel.

Once again, thanks Nina and team for the experience.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool access is great for privacy and spoiling yourself a bit. The Sea view deluxe is better f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mr K
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Mr. K,
Thank you very much for your delightful review.
Your kind words have been passed to our team and in particular to Khun Nina who made your stay a memorable one.
This certainly motivates us all to keep up the good work and standards of service we strive for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mathieu Lacabanne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Receptionist not friendly. Only one guy quite nice person, the other so busy helping him photocopy our passports. No one offered welcome drink to us. I got entertained by 3 receiptionist. All gals face so fierce no smile. One guy asked me about deposit for room and other gal asked me about deposit for extra bed. It just so unprofessional and not organized well. Bad impression for the first time staying at Blay Tong. Room no tooth paste, tooth brush, conditioner, shaver. It made me go to seven eleven to buy toiletries. Is it resort hotel or budget hotel, I am just wondering. I like the food at breakfast and staff too. They are nice person. Compared with other Accor Hotel like Pullman Phuket Arcadia at naithon beach there are so much difference. Hospitality, Hotel landscape, breakfast , hotel room Pullman is the best.
Receptionist at Pullman so professional and talk nicely make me comfortable to stay there, love Pullman. Sorry to say this. I like travelling to phuket and so far this is the first hotel that give bad impression for me. Definitely will not stay at Blay Tong again.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Fenny7012
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Fenny7012,
It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our services.
The experience you described at the reception causes me deep concern; it certainly does not represent the quality of service we all strive for at the hotel. It is not the kind of comment we usually receive from other reviewers.
We are pleased however that you enjoyed our breakfast and staff looking after it.
Thank you very much for your review and we wish that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Mathieu Lacabannne

Reviewed 8 June 2014

At the fist time, i arrived hotel at B-Lay Tong Phuket which located in north of patong beach. The hotel room was very super clean and providing large space, beautiful accor and comfortable bed .I was impressed by rain shower room which make my long day feeling much better. I do really love large swimming pool and pool bar inside hotel where my kids can relaxing . the staff are very friendly and they are very helpful when we need help for anything and offering full service then we don't have to be worried when my son feel hungry at late night.The hotel decorection is very outstanding and fashionable. Its surrounded by beautiful wall art painting which is very uniqueness.At B-Five Bar and restaurant .i did really enjoy thai crusine .The food was very outstanding at B-Five bar &restaurant . one of the best restuarant and Bar in patong including live music since 6.30 pm -8.30 pm . I would reccomand everyone especially, family group to staying here cus it is very peacful and comfortable place for real vacation which escape away from noise and crowed area. positively,from hotel to shopping area we just take about 10 minute to get there.hotel rate very affoadable price .The hotel value every my penny. If you ask me, i will bring my family here again .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jay M

Dear jayM,
We were delighted to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The exterior of the hotel is quite ugly (grey, with buildings being restaurated just neaby), which gives a bad first feeling when arriving. Fortunately, the rooms are much better, without being outstanding. The staff is nice, the pool is nice as well, just in front of the beach. Prices are reasonnable. Breakfast is very good, bot the venue and the quality. The location is a bit far from the central part of Patong beach but it has the advantage of being in a quite area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Patrick H,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to read that you globally enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. I regret however that you liked less the hotel environment and outside look. Your comment is taken under account. We indeed give a lot of attention to our breakfast and have shared with the Food and Beverage team your encouragements.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel across the road from the beach and was un-down by bad service at the restaurant on most evening while having pre dinner drinks.Complementary food was only offered to selected guest on nights which at first was thought some people were just over looked and over the week found the same staff member doing just that.
The bathrooms have a rain shower and on the floor has wood to stand on which has mould around it that does not get clean after requesting this over the week

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the beach or suffer from road noise 24/7
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HowardDG
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear HowardDG,
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on our TripAdvisor pages.
I am sorry that the experience did not fully meet your expectations and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The experience you described at the bar causes me deep concern. This does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for nor all last comments from other travelers below. It is sad that the behavior of one staff can spoil an experience and I will make my utmost to make sure it never occurs again.
We hope to see you again soon where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

From the moment we stepped into the reception to check in staff were friendly, professional and extremly helpful- this did not waiver our entire stay. Always ready to help and greet with a smile. The location was fantastic just outside the hussle of main streets but within a short 15 min stroll down to the main action with beautiful beach walk with plently of stalls to buy odds and ends along the way that soon you are at the main shopping/bar area. We got a Tuk Tuk ride back if loaded too much with our shopping or drinks for only 200. Loved the lap pool outside our room and the main pool was excellent with great bar staff able to bring our cocktails right to the edge of the pool so relaxing and lunch great value and excellent quality (all by the pool). Breakfast daily in the breakfast room was always great qualtiy, and staff super friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and modern and serviced daily prior to mid day so never returned to rooms not serviced. Also had room service which was a of excellent value and quality- can't really fault this hotel and would certainly come back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor South side with private acess to the lap pool which was great when...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jen D
Reviewed 20 May 2014

To be honest I really can't fault this hotel, from the moment you check in til you leave you are treated to 5 star luxury.

it is true that the hotel is situated outside the hustle and bustle of main Patong but it is only a 15 mins stroll and on the way back if you are feeling too tired all tuk tuks will cost you 200 baht.

I tried the food on several occasions and have to say the standard and value were excellent. I even ordered room service at 4am because I was struggling with my jet lag and it took 15 mins to come to my room and tasted delicious.

The infinity pool is also amazing, you can swim to the edge and watch the beach across the road whilst paddling in your pool, absolutely delightful.

I have now saved my best comment to last and this must go out to all the staff at the hotel, everyone did their best to be friendly and were so accommodating, smiling all the time and just making my stay the more better.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return sometime next year.

Room Tip: Next time I will try the rooms with pool access.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank NobleWarrior
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Noblewarrior,
I have shared and celebrated your comments with my Team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.