“A truly marvellous holiday venue.”
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #58 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Canberra, Australia
“A truly marvellous holiday venue.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've had the good fortune to stay at the B-Lay Tong on 5 occasions over the last 5 years and the experience this time was without question the best!! The hotel itself is modern and fairly new. The good thing is the buildings, amenities and the rooms are all maintained to a very high standard.
The location at the north end of Patong Beach is good as you are away from most of the hustle and bustle but still only a 15 minute to Bangla Road or THB200 in a tuk tuk.
The hotel offers many levels of accommodation but I find the room with a shared lap pool the best.
My partner and I had breakfast every morning at the hotel and we were greeted with some rather excellent choices. The short order cook did fantastic job and the general selection of food variety is on level terms with any 5 star! One other good thing is the staff they are so friendly but also very well trained in hospitality it's a credit to the management. On arrival the porters do a great job and are very knowledgable about the shops/businesses in the local area!
Finally I'd like to thank Nadia and Nina together with the other duty managers and staff at the front office! They were tremendous and offer all guests every assistant in a friendly and polite manner! Just a wonderful holiday at a wonderful hotel!!

PS the cleaning staff do an amazing job daily cleaning!

Room Tip: Any room depending on your budget! The rooms with the shared lap pool are pretty special!
3 Thank Steve803
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Steve803,
All the Team would like to thank you for your delightful review.
Your comments are very encouraging and have been passed to all and in particular Nina and Nadia who made your stay memorable.
We would like to thank you very much for your constant support and we are looking forward to making your next stay even better.
Mathieu Lacabanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just arriving home after staying at b lay tong. I have stayed many places around the world and this tops my list..
It took me a long time to decide on this hotel as you can loose yourself looking at reviews and it becomes a mind boggling decision.

So happy I took the chance on this hotel..

Loved the location,15 min walk to bangla road easy walk can take street or quite stroll up the beach, the area is quite and beautiful, forest & beach views surrounding. can hear the ocean, so really enjoyed being close enough to the action yet away just that little bit to capture the beauty of Phuket!

Services was amazing, they make the effort to personally get to know you, and greet you, And ensure your happy with absolutely..everything very trusting staff.

Day spa is really lovely had a massage from pretty much every different staff member and they are all great. They serve you nice refreshments after your massage.

restaurant great selection of thai and Western food, served beautifully with really good produce. Lovely singers on weekends while dining that really created a "dining experience". They often walk around offering you extra chefs specials to try for free.. I stayed with my husband in a Jacuzzi room great room ultra clean.

gym small but good range of new equipment to cover needs.

Overall look and feel of hotel is lovely
And a lot of quite pretty areas surrounded by trees to sit around
Pool is big and set right in front of the ocean.

I'm 27 and i think this hotel suits pretty much anyone.

And I would defiantly not get stuck on negative comments.

Second time in Thailand and I love to travel here it was the start of there monsoon (June) season yet weather was still very good.. Although I like to experience different hotels I will be coming back and staying at "b lay tong "as I now know it's a safe option that will once again b nothing short of a delight !!
Thankyou

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Verityz
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Verityz,
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.
Your comments definitively inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guests.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed in at least 15 different properties in different parts of Phuket and this one was the most unusual. It was an attempt at being ultramodern and that is going to be risky. It worked for the pool area and restaurant but the rest failed to impress.

The rooms were awful. Painted cement floors and the worst bathroom we have had ever. The shower had this unusual wooden flooring which had shrunk and revealed peeling paint underneath.the decor was supposed to be minimalist but what was there didn't meet the mark. We just couldn't settle and feel comfortable. Lucky we had booked only two nights.

The staff were ok but not the usual standard. The hotel was empty but they allocated us a room in a really bad position.

The most redeeming feature was the location. The front door is right on the beach and it's the quiet end of Phuket. Full marks on that one

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oct1960
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Oct1960,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel location, its pool and its restaurant but regret however that you did not like the style of our rooms.
Every room has been designed and decorated according to the principles of Feng Shui in the four dominant colors: red for fire, blue for water, green for earth and gold for the wind.
I would like to apologize if our staff did not allocate your room properly and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had never heard of B-Lay Tong before I stayed there, it was a completely new experience for me and my wife and very worth it. This was our first time to Phuket as well so we're glad we chose this hotel as from the minute we arrived, they greeted us with kindness and quickly guided us to our Pool Front Deluxe Room. The room was very clean and had a beautiful private lap pool which was exactly what we wanted. On arrival, we were also given free drink vouchers for the Bee Hive, a restaurant/bar with an very nice outside area (next to patong beach), there signature drinks were definitely worth trying while listening to a trio of decent musicians covering popular songs in a very jazzy style.

The staff at the front desk were quite friendly and were happy to assist whenever needed. In fact, the girl who attended us was 'Kea' if I recall and was always smiling. I'd also like to thank Nina, the manager who made us feel very welcome with some extra special care, once again thank you for the relaxing time.

The food was quite ok, we normally stayed for breakfast and then were out most of the day. During breakfast there's quite a variety so depends on individual tastes. I think the Hotel could improve the variety a little bit by offering some more traditional Thai breakfast options :-).

Even though we enjoyed our very own pool front access, we did check out the main pool which was a beautiful infiniti pool facing Patong beach, this was pretty good.

The hotel itself is right at the begining of Patong beach so relatively easier to reach and once there, its easy to walk around, get tuk tuks to go to the nearby Bangla street or Tiger Kingdom. There's a lot of activities close by for everyone, as well as short drives away.

I would like to return to this hotel in the future, prices are not too expensive however its always good to keep a check on special offers through the Hotel.

Once again, thanks Nina and team for the experience.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool access is great for privacy and spoiling yourself a bit. The Sea view deluxe is better f...
2 Thank Mr K
Dear Mr. K,
Thank you very much for your delightful review.
Your kind words have been passed to our team and in particular to Khun Nina who made your stay a memorable one.
This certainly motivates us all to keep up the good work and standards of service we strive for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Receptionist not friendly. Only one guy quite nice person, the other so busy helping him photocopy our passports. No one offered welcome drink to us. I got entertained by 3 receiptionist. All gals face so fierce no smile. One guy asked me about deposit for room and other gal asked me about deposit for extra bed. It just so unprofessional and not organized well. Bad impression for the first time staying at Blay Tong. Room no tooth paste, tooth brush, conditioner, shaver. It made me go to seven eleven to buy toiletries. Is it resort hotel or budget hotel, I am just wondering. I like the food at breakfast and staff too. They are nice person. Compared with other Accor Hotel like Pullman Phuket Arcadia at naithon beach there are so much difference. Hospitality, Hotel landscape, breakfast , hotel room Pullman is the best.
Receptionist at Pullman so professional and talk nicely make me comfortable to stay there, love Pullman. Sorry to say this. I like travelling to phuket and so far this is the first hotel that give bad impression for me. Definitely will not stay at Blay Tong again.

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Fenny7012
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Fenny7012,
It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our services.
The experience you described at the reception causes me deep concern; it certainly does not represent the quality of service we all strive for at the hotel. It is not the kind of comment we usually receive from other reviewers.
We are pleased however that you enjoyed our breakfast and staff looking after it.
Thank you very much for your review and we wish that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Mathieu Lacabannne
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

At the fist time, i arrived hotel at B-Lay Tong Phuket which located in north of patong beach. The hotel room was very super clean and providing large space, beautiful accor and comfortable bed .I was impressed by rain shower room which make my long day feeling much better. I do really love large swimming pool and pool bar inside hotel where my kids can relaxing . the staff are very friendly and they are very helpful when we need help for anything and offering full service then we don't have to be worried when my son feel hungry at late night.The hotel decorection is very outstanding and fashionable. Its surrounded by beautiful wall art painting which is very uniqueness.At B-Five Bar and restaurant .i did really enjoy thai crusine .The food was very outstanding at B-Five bar &restaurant . one of the best restuarant and Bar in patong including live music since 6.30 pm -8.30 pm . I would reccomand everyone especially, family group to staying here cus it is very peacful and comfortable place for real vacation which escape away from noise and crowed area. positively,from hotel to shopping area we just take about 10 minute to get there.hotel rate very affoadable price .The hotel value every my penny. If you ask me, i will bring my family here again .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jay M
Dear jayM,
We were delighted to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
La Varenne-Saint-Hilaire, France
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The exterior of the hotel is quite ugly (grey, with buildings being restaurated just neaby), which gives a bad first feeling when arriving. Fortunately, the rooms are much better, without being outstanding. The staff is nice, the pool is nice as well, just in front of the beach. Prices are reasonnable. Breakfast is very good, bot the venue and the quality. The location is a bit far from the central part of Patong beach but it has the advantage of being in a quite area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Patrick H,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to read that you globally enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. I regret however that you liked less the hotel environment and outside look. Your comment is taken under account. We indeed give a lot of attention to our breakfast and have shared with the Food and Beverage team your encouragements.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.