“Warm and Welcoming Hotel”
Review of Nap Patong

Nap Patong
Ranked #9 of 338 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at the Nap and had an extremely enjoyable stay. We were met at the airport by a driver that we had arranged with the hotel. The hotel staff were exceptional especially when I was ill for two days, (nothing to do with the hotel). They couldn't do enough for us. The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the service. Location is in a quiet part of town but only a 10 minute walk from Bangla Road. The free mini bar is a bonus and the free wifi is a nice extra.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable, and housekeeping very efficient. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,782)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Firstly let me say WOW. The service was amazing, the hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable and the food was great. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends, its value for your money. I loved the fact that you got little inclusions with your stay, like a free restocked mini bar(soft drinks & water) and free wifi everyday. The hotel is also environmentally friendly, with sensors on the balcony door that turn off the aircon if the door is open longer than 15 minutes. There is a Only one thing to be aware of, the Hotel is very close to the nightlife scene which is great for some people but if you are looking for a quiet getaway i suggest stay somewhere a little further away as Bangla road is only 2 streets over. We stayed in the Day Dream room, which had a view of the pool, we didnt mind because if you have been to patong before the beach is nothing special to look at as its always crowded. I would just like to make a special mention about the staff, they were so polite and were always ready to help you at any request.

Room Tip: We used the ladies laundry service from next door and saved ourselves $60aus
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were staying 5 nights at The Nap on the reviews and from the pictures on the website, it lives up to what you see. We had booked into a day dream deluxe room, but we were upgraded to a moon light suite which was very nice very, modern and very comfortable. Rooms were large with lots of space and storage and with a free soft drink mini bar. The only negative is there is no views as the suites are by the pool, and i had hoped to be able to see the sunsets but weighing up the pro's and cons we were happy in the suite.

Staff were helpful and friendly and would go out of their way to help, i left my hat on a tour and they managed find and return it to me.

We didn't eat in the hotel except for breakfast, it is the usual type of hot and cold food with a fresh fruit juicer which is a nice touch. The food was good and changed daily and the staff were very attentive.

If we return to Patong we would happily stay at The Nap again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My short stay at The Nap was overall a pleasant one. My boyfriend and I managed to get an early check-in, the staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. As the only available room then was at the 2nd floor, we did not get a view of the hotel compound and surroundings but that also mean more privacy since people at the pool will not be able to look into our balcony area. The ceiling fan at the balcony was slightly old and rusty, spinning quickly and looked unstable with the likelihood of crashing down anytime. Otherwise, the room condition was fine. The hotel is committed to protecting the environment which I thought was a nice initiative. However, I’m not too sure if that resulted in the lack of hot water during showers at certain times of the day or it was the heater that wasn’t working properly.

One of the improvements the hotel could look into is offering airport transfer to their premise. I tried emailing them about 2 weeks before my trip requesting for the possibility of the arrangement but did not receive any response and I didn’t have the time to call. Another issue is having the lobby staff to be more attentive and helpful. We booked a 1-day tour to Phi Phi island on the second day and the driver arrived quite late to pick us up. While waiting, we asked one of the staff on duty if he could help to give them a call. He mumbled something after taking a look at our receipt. Thinking that he was going to help us, we waited. He didn’t return and only when we asked again did he inform us that we need to pay 10baht to make that call. The amount was not an issue but surely a 4-star hotel could offer that as a basic service? There were a few groups of us that morning waiting for different vehicles to bring us for the various island trips. Perhaps the hotel staff could be more attentive and assist to keep a lookout as well.

Room Tip: Rooms above 2nd floor will get a nice scenary of the area
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We just stayed for a night in The Nap this weekend. We were pleased with the overall interiors and hip design of the hotel. Location is good, 20mins walk to the big mall. We are a group of four and booked two studio room. But the reception told us that they were overbooked and upgraded us to the pool villa which was very exciting at first. However it turned out to be pretty disappointing. After we checked in, we stayed in the room to have some rest time for almost 1.5 hour but the air con in the living room was barely working. Bedrooms were better but we were all sweating. Before we going out to the mall we called the hotel to fix the air con but it wasn't doing better until we check out on the next day. We could even smell some sewage smell on the next morning.

It was quite pity that the villa was spacious and the bed was comfy but with that heat and sewage smell it ruined everything.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nicthe
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I staid 1 week in the hotel and I felt very pleased. The room is modern with a confortable bed, nice bathroom, the balcony with the couch and van is lovely. The minibar is free with all the softdrinks. My room on the 4 floor overlooked the pool. In the nightime it was quite so I had a good sleep. The aircon is not noisy. Lunch in the restaurant was great. The only downside is the breakfast, which was average in my opinion. The choice of pastries is limited and I missed the fruits on the buffet. All the staff is very friendly. The spa is great. I had 2 massages & a pedicure. To the beach is it 5 minutes to the shopping center 15 minutes. Be aware that a lot of Russian are in Patong, lukely not in the Nap hotel. If I go to Patong I would stay in this hotel one more time.

Room Tip: take a room on the 4 floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This hotel really is something else. stayed there recently following reviews on trip advisor and I just couldn't fault it. Stayed in a suite room as had our 1 year old daughter with us, beach views, walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops but far enough away to not be bothered by the noise. The hotel is very 'un Thai' in its decor so if you are looking for the pagodas and the frangipanis you will be disappointed but it is squeaky clean and beautifully designed. It is typically Thai in all other ways though, great breakfasts, friendly and attentive staff and attention to detail. I have stayed in many hotels in Phuket but I won't stay anywhere else but the Nap when I come back next time!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family