“A peaceful stay close to the action”
Review of Nap Patong

Nap Patong
Ranked #8 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“A peaceful stay close to the action”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a great 7 days at the Nap. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel is great. Close to the beach and a short 10-15min stroll to the nightlife and shopping centre. There are massage businesses, motorbike hire and convenience stores right on the hotel's doorstep and the pool is a good place to relax. Happy hour is also fun with the bar staff mixing great cocktails. We would definitely make a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Ian N

Thank you very much for your nice comment on Tripadvisor. We appreciated for staying with us for 7 days. It is most pleasure to hear you were happy with our service and hotel location. We are looking forward to welcome back to Nap Patong again.

Panya W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent service. Excellent location just a few steps from Patong Beach. Beautiful room. Great pool. And the bar and restaurant were perfect. Highest recommendations for staying in Patong. The staff was more than helpful with any questions, helping us to arrange tours, and just being nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littlesam1
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Little Sam1

Greeting from Nap Patong, thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your stay experience on Tripadvisor. It is our most pleasure to hear that you were happy with our service and hotel location. Hopefully to welcome you back to Nap Patong again .

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just had 9 days at The Nap at the Western End of Patong.
The location is fantastic. along with provided breakfasts, excellent staff and pool, we really recommend this place. Value for money too. We will return.
It's close to shopping, beach, restaurants, bars, massages and laundry services.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen W
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Helen W

Thank you very much for 9 days spending at Nap Patong during your holiday. We appreciated for posting your positive comment on Tripadvisor. It is very nice to hear that you were happy with hotel service and location. Should you need future assistance please contact me on email
hotelmgr@thenappatong.com
With my best regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Room was ok I was expecting it to be in better shape as the pics show it's a new hotel, but it was a little worn out.
Food at breakfast was terrible. I didn't eat much, don't bother paying for the breakfast plenty of places to go near by.
Best to rent a motorbike to get to the prime areas as the walk is a bit far from the night life.
Overall I was happy but it's a 4 star at best according to Canadian standards.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ahmed L

Thank you very much for your kind sharing stay experience on tripadvisor. Your value comment is important feed back to improve our standard of service. Looking forward to welcome back in the future.

Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Previously I've stayed at their sister property (The Sea) before. The experience over there was good and so I've decided to give (The Nap) a try. At the start of my 4d3n trip there was already some hiccups. Airport transfer was no where to be seen when I reached. Had to call the hotel twice and wait around 20min before someone came. Upon reaching the hotel, served with a cooling welcome drink and was told that I could check in at 10.20am. When it was about time, i was told that the room door is spoil and I could only check in between 1 to 2pm. With all do respect, I'm not sure if the room door is really spoil or the hotel don't have any early check in privilege and thus they came up with any excuse just to delay our check in. After me and my partner manage to check into the room at 2pm I remembered that in my hotel package there was a free massage given to us and prior to arrival I did send an email and told them to book a slot for me at 4.30pm on arrival date and there was conformation given to me as well as the email was circulate to the spa department. To my horror when I arrive at the spa there was no reservation done at all and the timing I was suppose to book is taken. Was so mad that I spoke with the duty manager in charge named "run" Whats the use of circulating email if email is not being read at all. In a panic but calm voice "run" apologize and he also claim that he will discuss with the management to provide some service recovery. My First day just get ruin badly. Did not have much hope for the hotel but the staff over there saved it. They were friendly and cheerful. As for me and my partner spend the rest of the days at the hotel spa as my partner love the spa massage so much. We did spa every single day expect for the first day. Upon checking out, I saw "run" but he did not mention anything about the "service recovery" anymore and so do I since I'm about to go to the airport. I just hope that the management can improve in service recovery issues especially if you promise something but did not do anything about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear K3nSim

It is a pleasure to have you stay with us at Nap Patong. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to your regarding spa reservation which you booked prior to arriving. We simply failed to deliver the service you rightly expected. Please be ensured that this situation is irregular.

As Nap Patong we take all complaints very seriously. We try to maintain only the highest standards of service. This incident has been taken a serious discussion with the concern manager for immediate action in order to investigate this incident.

Your comment is very important feed back to continue improve our standard of service. We hope that this experience will not tarnish your impression of Nap Patong. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on email hotelmgr@thenappatong.com.

Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I cannot understand the logic of anyone whinning about this resort.I am going again on June (my 3rd stay with NAP). This resort is fairly new, the staff might not understand full english but tried to and they are always smiling and greeting guest. The breakfast was great, the resturant was beautifully decorated (to me). The whole resort is clean, so are the rooms. I always upgrade to daydream room, i love the toilet, smells good and romantic with the dim lightings (saw some comment about dim lights @ the resort which i deemed GREAT).

The only downside is that you probably need to walk alot to bangla road which i think its pretty far for me (its about 20mins walk) but we rented a bike so its not a major issue. Theres 2 massage parlor across the street prob 5-8mins walks which prob cost like USD16). I also do not like the dim lights along the alley esp when tourist like us have to passed through to get to the hotel; apprently i dont think its safe. I got disturbed by a couple of drunk white guys but overall its really a great resort.

I cannot wait to visit nap again next month:)

Room Tip: I love daydream room, its cheap and amazingly romantic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear starshar85

Thank you very much for your kind take time to post on Tripadvisor. We appreciated for your thirst stay at Nap Patong. We are more than happy to hear that you were happy with our service and product and had a great time here with us. For future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on email: hotelmgr@thenappatong.com and looking forward to welcome back again.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Everything was great: The rooms are amazing. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the pool is great, and the hotel situation is amazing, in the middle of Patong, but so calm, in the rooms you can not hear any noise, one day we just stayed in the room the whole day and yo you forget you are in crazy hectic Patong. It is 5 mins walk to the gay street of Phuket. Breakfast is great, nice variety.
Nothing negative to mention. Ok well, the view from the room, but it is not their fault.

Dear Lebinbrussels

Greeting from Nap Patong, we appreciated for being our loyalty customer. It is our most pleasure to read the positive comment from you on Tripadvisor. I am confident your positive feed back will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and looking forward to welcome back to Nap Patong again.

Best Regards