“Close to the beach and night life ”
Review of Nap Patong

Nap Patong
Ranked #9 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Close to the beach and night life ”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights as a solo traveller and it was my first time in Phuket. I have to say that the staff were very helpful. The hotel itself is very close to the beach and approx 10 mins walk to the bars and the night life.
The only downfall is that can get a bit noisy in the corridors with guest arrivals and departure otherwise all good :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank YoungWildAdventurous
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear YoungWildAdventurous

Thanks for posting on Tripadvisor. We appreciated for choosing to stay with us on your first time in Phuket. Nice to hear that you were happy hotel location and service.
We noted your comment about noise in the corridor that would be an important feed back. Our hotel will take serious action. Should you need any assistance please contact me on email hotelmgr@thenappatong.com

Panya W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We checked in Aug 7th, booked the Spa for two days in a row. Though Thai massage out in the street cost 300-400B, hotel offers buy 1 get 1 for 2 people, so price is approximately 700B per person. I definitely trust the hygiene at the hotel. The massage is Soothy and you are offer drink and cookies before and after the massage. Massage therapist is experience.

The swimming pool is good lengthy size for length swimming. It is located on 2nd floor, so it is very convenient walking distance.

Fitness room has limited equipment, I wish hotel will add one more thread mill in the future, otherwise it comes equip with basic equipment for exercise.

The travel centre is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, he is not eager to get your money, give you good advice to save you money. Hotel get additional discount when book with travel centre.

Hotel offer shuttle bus to Jungceylon shopping centre, check with front desk.

You are walking distance to all restaurants and shopping.

I stayed at Shangrila in Bangkok so I was a little disappointed at the fruits assortment at breakfast when I arrive, however the price here is a lot less, plus the free drinks in the room, the attitude of the staffs trying very hard to accomodate us i.e. getting Wifi inside the room for our 5th device so I can update my tripadvisor , come to the fitness room to turn on the air conditioner when they saw me in the room........

I personally will recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LizaTam
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear LizaTam

Thank you very much for your value time to post on Tripadvisor. It's our most pleasure to read a positive comment from you i.e. hotel service, facilities and location.
We noted your comment about fitness equipment for future improvement.
Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience and looking forward to welcome you back to Nap Patong again.

London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here with my wife for four nights in August 2014. Our first impression was that the hotel was excellent and deserved a 5-star review. However, the events of the last few days stay in the hotel left me embarrassed, upset and disappointed.

The check in procedure was a bit disappointing because the hotel had failed to find our updated booking. I was also surprised that I had to pay for my hotel room in advance and also had to pay a THB 2,000 ($70) deposit because ‘some customers damage the room and run away!’

The hotel is an excellent location, both close to the beach and close to the restaurants and entertainment areas.

It has a spacious open-plan lobby with a well-lit reception and seating area where you can people watch while waiting to take your taxi or tour bus.

The swimming pool was excellent. Long enough to have a reasonable swim , the water was perfect and the towels clean.

Breakfast was also excellent. It was served in the beautiful dining area and there was a wide choice of food.

The rooms are also spacious, nicely furnished and have a large balcony overlooking the pool. The balcony has a huge seating area, fan and weather proof pug socket.

However, my impression and enjoyment of the hotel was damaged on the last day of our stay and destroyed when we checked out.

First, the staff failed to provide towels and we were unable to shower after we returned from our long boat trip. I had to ask three times and wait almost an hour before towels were delivered to our room.

The next day, when we checked out of the hotel, the receptionist agreed the room was clean and tidy so refunded our deposit. However, as we got up to make our way to the taxi she told us we could not leave the hotel because room service had reported a $1 face towel was missing from the room!

I explained we had not stolen a $1 face towel and we had an aircraft to catch. In front of a large number of people in the lobby, she insisted that we could not leave until room service had found the face towel and implied that we had taken it! We were detained for about 15-minutes while staff searched our room for the missing towel!

We are both in our mid-fifties and were very embarrassed and upset by this incident. It spoilt our stay at the hotel.

This was the second time that day we had felt uncomfortable in the hotel. At breakfast we sat next to a table of people who decided to play very loud videos on their iPhone while having their breakfast.

I noticed that a number of guests were upset by the noise coming from the table so I asked a waitress if she could discreetly ask them to turn it down. She went to the table and told them to turn it down because I had complained and pointed at us so they knew who the complainant was!

I would not stay here again.

I booked the room for about $130 a night and our first impression of this hotel was positive. I have no complaint against individual staff members but am disappointed at the way the hotel is managed. The events of the last few days stay in the hotel left me embarrassed, upset and very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BozUK
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear BozUK

Thank you for choosing Nap Patong, Phuket and more importantly, for addressing all aspects of your stay in your review.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed our room, Lobby, location and hotel facilities. We were, however, disappointed to read that our service at breakfast has fallen short in standard and unpleasant experience upon check out . For these, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause to yours. Your comments are definitely taken constructively as it forms the foundation of our service improvement process as well as the training needed for our colleagues.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can personally assist you in any way at hotelmgr@thenappatong.com

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Were staying at Nap Patong 25-28 July for weekend. Stayed at the villa with own private pool. Room is spacious and huge bathroom . Walking distance to everywhere in patong . Paradise city is down the road but if you want pamper yourself with tutu it's only 100bht to bangla road to see the crazy side of the island at night!!!Amazing hotel but with limited selection for breakfast . Overall is still good. Affordable . If you staying there with big group of friends should stay at the villa which is facing each other with private pool. And the mini bar is free during yourstay with complimentary bottle of wine! Faboulousl

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 73rsvp
Dear 73rsvp

Thanks for choosing to stay at Nap Patong during 25-28 July 14 and your kind feed back on Tripadvisor. We are ecstatic to read your wonderful comment and that you had a pleasant stay with us. We noted your comment on choice of breakfast that for our improvement.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at hotelmgr@thenappatong.com if we could further perfected your stay.

With my best regards

Autralia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Nap is such a quiet haven , just a short distance to all the happening areas of Patong . The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly, - service, food , accommodation and pool area are all to a very high standard.
Good variety of western and asian dishes for breakfast. Dinner menu provides appetising choices, which were very enjoyable. Highly recommend this hotel -we stayed 8 nights in room 604, which provided additional indoor and outdoor space, which we found to be quite beneficial.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear wayne_bear

Thanks for 8 nights stay with us during last month. It is our most pleasure to read your wonderful comment and that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hotelmgr@thenappatong.com for future assistance.

Johor Bahru
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel reception that enhance our holidaying mood upon arrival, and an ambiance that calm us from the fuzz and buzz of busy Patong. Very clean hotel and room and comfortable.Friendly helpful professional staffs that understand guests needs. Special thanks to Miss Mam who has shown us such great hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DMJC22
TheNapPatong, General Manager at Nap Patong, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear DMJC22

Greeting from Nap Patong, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recently trip to Phuket. Great to read that you were happy with our hotel product and service, especially warm hospitality from Mam one of our service team. I did share your positive feed back to our team to encourage them to continue provide the best service.
Hope to welcome back to Nap Patong again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked the standard room for a 5 night stay and 2 nights at another resort. On arrival, we were greeted with drinks and they surprised us with a room upgrade to the Grand superior room with pool views, for this we are very grateful. The room was spacious and clean with a big balcony and bed. The complimentary mini bar was handy. The location was perfect, away from the busy Patong streets but still close enough to walk. Beach is only 2-5 min walk. Staff are trustworthy as one time I left my purse at the restaurant and it was returned safely. Overall a wonderful and welcoming experience for a first time visit to Phuket and definitely would stay again, recommending this resort to family and friends. It was so good I had to write a review!

Room Tip: Opt for a room with pool views