“Worst worst worst”
Review of Bangkok Residence

Bangkok Residence
Ranked #204 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Ever worst hotel experience, to begin with shocking surprise when we reached at hotel reception on 30 Dec new year session, they said sir we are sorry our rooms are out of order we cannot offer you the room in this hotel we already booked room for you in our another hotel and that hotel was far away from main Patong area.

We booked that hotel form Agoda after that incident we call Agoda and take agoda manager on call then after agoda person talked to hotel manager they provide us room. So I don’t know why they were refusing to give us room. Might be holding rooms for New Year night on high rates.
Room was so dirty, AC not working, worst breakfast, Wi-Fi not working.
I never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ignor this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HarrisSiddiqui

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I just came back from this hotel. Was staying here for 4day 3 nights we 7 of us went here all stayed in separate rooms the one with the jacuzzi. The room was big and clean hotel staff were very friendly as well and the location of the hotel is the best !! 5 mins away from bangla st and that's amazing tats only for all the nightlife ... They clean up our room everyday pretty good they even fold my clothes which was thrown all over the room. Of course lastly the jacuzzi was amazing its just nice for 2 not too small or big !

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Skumar241
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

For its cheap priced room, I guess you get what you pay for. The rooms are livable, and cleaned, nothing fancy. I would suggest living more towards the upper floors& facing the quieter part of town. Even though the location is in the center of everything, its closer to the sleazy part of town.
I do have a customer service complaint, the front desk works a 12 hour shift, and we were stuck with a girl who spoke barely any language to help us during the day...

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank morganyyang
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stay period: 13 - 16 April 2012 (Songkran Festival)
Room Type: Jacuzzi Deluxe

We were given a hotel on level 3, corner, facing the road with lotsa bars. The room is basically pretty decent on the first look.

1) You have to keep the curtains drawn unless you do not mind people from other hotel opposite yours. They had balconies so some of them would sit by the balcony and chill.

2) The room has a jacuzzi, which is IN the room and not the toilet. So you may watch TV n soak yourself in the tub. That is probably the only plus point of the room. However the tub wasn't very clean and it was hard to maintain reasonable water temperature.

3) I had problems with flushing the toilet. The flush wasn't working very smoothly, had to flush at a certain angle.

4) Then there were baby roaches in the shower, in the toilet. and the drain never fails to get clogged and flood. There aren't any shower curtains as well, so be prepared to wet the entire toilet when showering.

5) In my 3 nights stay, the room blacked out twice. When I called the reception, a lady came up to assist us and merely adjusted the room card and walked away. It seem to me from her actions that it was a rather common issue.

6) Be prepared to bring / buy your own toothbrush and toothpaste. They do not provide that and they do not replenish their toiletries.

7) They had free wifi. But it doesn't work all the time. We get connected to the wifi but there arent internet connection. But they have PCs in the lobby. You are free to use them. I did ask the recep if she could troubleshoot the wifi for me. Apparently she couldn't and blamed it on the weather - when there are rainy days the connection would drop.

8) The location wise I would say it is really good as it is very near blangra street, Jungceylon mall and all. Its near blangra stadium as well!

9) The room has a slight musky smell (maybe becoz mine's a smoking room), and the lights are rather dim - which I don't really like.

10) It is really noisy at night becoz of the bars downstairs and scooters.

11) During rainy days, the entrance of the hotel would be flooded to ankle high. So pls beware.

12) Oh and I must say the TV sucks! It's a small box TV and there is not one clear channel. At all.

13) The safe is small and please ask the recep how to reset the safe before you try! There isnt any instruction and you have to manually reset the safe urself.

All in all, for the same price booking this hotel, i would prefer White Patong boutique over this (along the same street, probably 50 steps away), a much simpler room which is clean n neat and smells great! .. Or Acca Patong Boutique Hotel which is opposite Bangkok residence. Peered through some of the rooms, it looks small but it has a balcony!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hellohuiyi
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This hotel is a nice basic hotel. Staff are helpful, rooms are a bit small, but clean, Good sized fridge, but small safe. While I could not hear the music in a previous review, my room faced the street and there was an all night street stall outside, which made it noisy from the patrons, as well as scooters up and down the road all night - not the fault of the hotel, but something to be aware of. Maybe a room at the rear of the hotel would be better. 5-10 minutes walk to Bangla Road bars, Patong Beach, and Jungceylon shopping centre. Good bars nearby for a more quiet drink

Room Tip: Find a room not facing the main street
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We actually booked our 2 rooms here after making enquries the day before and believing it had a pool. After we checked in, the boys headed straight off to the pool for a swim, but it didn't exist! What had happened was that the brochure they had given us was for their partner hotel elsewhere,which had a pool, not this one. We just assumed the brochure they gave us was for the hotel we were in, as you would. Oh well, no pool, not a big drama.
The rooms were all nice and clean. We had specifically asked for rooms on the "quiet" side, as we didn't want street noise if we could help it and I am a light sleeper. They had quite a few vacancies, so we didn't think it would be a problem. We stressed the importance of a good nights sleep. They either didn't care or didn't understand because that night we discovered our rooms were right above a night club! We asked if we could move the next day but they just seemed to ignore us? It wasn't that they were rude in any way. I just think they have very limited english and no hotel skills/experience. There were alot of blank looks and no responses to our questions etc. It was a very casual attitude in general, there was no hurry for anything. Lucky we weren't in a hurry the night our keys stopped working. All they had to do was reset them on the computer, but because one person arrived to check in, everything came to a stand still. We had to wait nearly half an hour! I would hate to see them on a busy day!
Breakfast was included and was really good!
Free wifi was good when it worked. It dropped out quite a bit.
The shower was terrible! It cycled in pattern of scalding hot to cold. It never levelled out. I ended up having baths instead.
To pay by card, you had to up to the restaurant as there were no facilities in the lobby which I thought was strange.
Smoking is permitted in the hallways and lobby which being a non smoker, I didn't like at all. We didn't realise at 1st because there was no one there, but when we came back from a day out there were even people smoking with ashtrays on the counter. Eww.
Just before we checked out on our last day, we both paid separately the balance on our rooms. I told them I drank a can of lemonade which they added to the bill. No problem. As we were about to get in our taxi, the receptionist called me over to the front desk. I went to see what she wanted and she just pointed to a docket. I told her I just paid for my drink a minute ago. She pointed again and said 55 baht. I had no idea what she was talking about as I definatlely did not drink their "evian". My room was missing the complimentary water on the 1st day so my fault for not checking the rest of the fridge too. I tried to explain this to her and even offered her one my remaining bottles of water from a bulk pack I bought down the road during my stay. Just when I thought she finally believed me she just pointed to the docket again! My friend just gave her the money, but I didn't want to just on principal.
I later found out that my mum in the other room had tried to pay for some nuts they ate, only to be told they didn't eat them and therefore weren't allowed to pay for them!
Overall, I would say this could be a great hotel if the staff maybe get trained more in the hospitality and service industry. This would help them immensely.
I would recommend this hotel to party goers who don't care about sleep much. It is close to everything. The location is perfect for Bangla Rd party goers!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This hotel is acceptable in terms of value for money; at just 1900baht/night for a double room, its really affordable.
It is also just minutes from a major shopping area and the beach.

My major gripe:
1. my room was located on the side above a street rife with night clubs blasting music all night, and filled with party goers screaming and shouting, which was annoying and woke me up through the night. (The other side is quiet and fine)

2. Sleep quality is further compromised by the noisy aircon compressors being located INSIDE the room behind some cupboards.

3. Room cleanliness is not to my liking because of a constant stench in the room and the floor felt dusty so I had to move ard the room in slippers.

4. Reception staff were not helpful in arranging for bell boys to carry our luggages (do they even exist? I don't know)

5. I found tiny cockroaches in my milk served at the morning breakfast

6. When we checked out, the staff miscalculated the total amount to be paid and called us after we left to transfer additional to them (what kind of service is this?)

7. Shower water is weak and isn't able of maintaining reasonable water temp. - it goes really hot and then cold while showering.

There's little that's left to be said about its positive points except that
1. It is affordable for its location
2. Room services are prompt

In the end some of us checked out to the Royal Paradise Hotel which has a much quieter, clean, comfortable environment and a great view of the beach at the 16th floor, which was great for fireworks at the new year countdown to 2011.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family