“Surprisingly good”
Review of Platinum Hotel

Platinum Hotel
Ranked #63 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have resided many hotels in Thailand as this is my 29th trip here and I was surprised how nice this hotel is for this rate. I pay 700baht/night and its well worth it. I can't remember when I found a nice hotel like this at this rate. It's a littlebit off, but who doesn't rent a bike/car in Phuket? Anyway, nice and clean rooms, great staff and good wifi. I highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The Platinum Hotel is a really nice hotel with nice big rooms and a really good service. The rooms look modern. The staff is friendly and helpful. They also kept an eye on people walking in and out just to make sure that no stranger gets in.
We really enjoyed our stay in Phuket.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lottte
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We were travelling with family and stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Rooms are ok with kingsize bed.Great Service. We were sataisfied with our stay in this hotel. Please book the rooms without the breakfast as you can find it better in the adjoining restaurants.

Room Tip: select the rooms which is not towards the road side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stephimalaya
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I spent nearly two weeks at Platinum Hotel over the Christmas and New Year's holidays last year and was pleasantly surprised by the cheerfulness of the tour operator, Da and all the staff that made the stay so enjoyable. It is a small family operated boutique hotel within 15 minutes walk from the Patong beach. Great cafes, spa salons and convenience stores (7-Eleven is adjacent to the hotel) are all within walking distance. Although I didn't hire a scooter at the hotel, I was told that you can easily do so at the hotel for a price much lower than what's offered on the streets. Breakfast can get a bit repetitive but I could not be more thankful to the kitchen staff's efforts to make it a pleasant morning by adding one more cup of coffee or more jam for my toast. To add variety I usually stopped by one of the nearby hotels for a croissant or a muffin. There are great burgers at the next-door hotel (which is also a European Barmen School) - don't be taken aback by the name: the personnel there is just as lovely and it's definitely worth checking out their menu! I was on a holiday and didn't bring my laptop and was worried I won't be able to keep in touch with my loved ones back home. That was not a problem, however, since there are two computers at the front with good Internet service. Aside from what hasn't been mentioned by other trip advisors, I have to mention a lovely deck side pool. Clean and easily accessible especially if your room is on the top floor. The only drawback is the shortage of hot water in the shower but even that did not put a dumper on my vacation. I promptly communicated the problem to the staff and after a few attempts, we finally got back our hot water. By the end of my two weeks I made friends with all the staff and I was sad to bid goodbye to this lovely place. I would definitely choose Platinum Hotel again and recommend it to anyone else who is planning to stay in Patong.

Room Tip: If climbing the stairs is not your forté, ask for a room in the rear with access to the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dboyarch
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here in May during their low season and the rooms were very nice and clean. Good A/C, complimentary water bottles and staff were really friendly. The hotel was only a 10 minute walk to the beach which was actually nice because it wasn't noisy throughout the night. However, they persisted to doing construction at early hours of the morning which woke us up anyways.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed 2 night 3 days March'2012, rooms are ok if you're having the back room with lift but if you're given the front room then you have to walk up to your room and suffer the traffic noise especially at night. Pool table downstairs not in working condition and the swimming pool on the 6th floor is so like a unwash fish tank, yes it's small but you can literally feels the agae around. Don't think the water pump is working. Location is like half hour walk to Patong beach and a few restaurant 5-10 mins vincinity. Probably the only saving grace is the 711 & Family Mart besides the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the back room that have a lift and more importance away from the main road traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2011

our room was at the front of the hotel which didnt have a lift, the pool is on the roof top which is on the 6th level so its a big workout to get to the pool. there are more expensive rooms at the rear of the hotel which has an elevator. even though the staff carried our luggage up then down it was a effort to climb 2 flights of stairs to get to our room everyday especially wen ur so tired from shopping and have all the bags to carry up as well. the tour girl was really nice, she looked after us and was really helpful with anything we wanted to do. dont do laundry at the hotel, there's a place 2 doors on the right which is much cheaper. being next door to 7 eleven helps as well. also hire scooters at the hotel is cheaper than places nearby. their breakfast is very limited so some days we didnt even have breakfast there even though it was included.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple