“Great value guesthouse”

and 1 more site!
Patong Rose Guest House
Ranked #156 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Nice couple run this guesthouse, which is very clean and only a short walk (2mins) to Patong beach.

I booked a double deluxe room with A/C and although it didn't have a view, it had a nice big queen bed with a fairly big bathroom.

If you're on a bit of a budget I'd definitely recommend it. It looks a lot nicer than some of the other places I saw.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank richard227

Reviewed 11 April 2011

The guest house is nice and clean. We paid 1000 B for a room / night.
The location is good since it is very close to the beach and only 7-10 min walk from the biggest party street of Phuket . However next to the guest house is a restaurant playing music late to the night, which I would not like normally but it is OK for Patong as it is the center of the action.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2011

As far as im concerned when you go on holiday, you dont go to spend all your time in your room. So, what i look for is location, price, and cleanliness. Patong Rose has all 3. The rooms are clean and a decent size - we had a twin on the top floor. We booked very last minute so no balcony available but we had 2 large windows so the room was very light and airy.
I didnt take any pictures of the room because, if you want to know what the place looks like, then the website pictures tell no lies :-)
Kalle, his wife Gabriella and the other staff are friendly and have plenty of time to talk and answer questions if needed.
You re literally 2 mins walk from the sands of patong's main beach, and 10 mins walk to Soi Bang La & Jungceylon..... it would be less if it wasnt for the banter from the suit-makers, taki & tuk tuk drivers, massage parlours and shop keepers.
As for noise - you can hear the live band from the bar next to Coyotes on beach rd, but its not very loud - tina turner, elton john, bon jovi hits and the like. It finishes around 1am. On the odd one or 2 nights we arrived back to our room before the band finished we actually opened our window to hear them better ;-) Apart from that its really quiet.
I would stay here again with no hesitation as you'd be hard pushed to find a better location at this price.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Patong Rose Guest House is an excellent choice for those looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay, literally steps from the beach. I stayed for 5 nights in February and could not have been happier. The owner, Kalle, is friendly and helpful, as are the rest of the staff. The rooms are very clean, beds are soft, bar fridge, AC, hot water and cable TV included. The price is very reasonable considering the close location to the beach and the fact that it was Chinese New Year and the middle of peak season in Thailand. There are shops and restaurants, bars, internet cafes, banks, etc, within a 2 minute walk of the guest house. Bangla Road (nightlife) is only a short 5 minute walk away. I will definately return next year for another relaxing stay at Patong Rose.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank drgrl
Reviewed 10 February 2011

When I booked my first trip to Thailand, I looked at alot of lodging and guesthouse options on Patong Beach. I chose Patong Rose Guesthouse and could not be happier! I have been staying for 6 days and will be leaving for a liveaboard dive trip and returning for 6 more awesome days here at the Patong Rose Guesthouse. The location is IDEAL.... just steps from the beach road in the heart of town and makes it easy to go out for daily activities or the nightlife Patong is famous for. My room (and my friend's) is a clean as can be with excellent air conditioning (essential here.... it is hot, hot hot!), a room safe, a big clean bathroom and a confortable big bed. Sweedish/Hungarian owned and run, the owners are on site every day... one of many indications they care about their guests. From picking us up at the airpor tright on time to every single request for infornmation or help, they do a GREAT job of making your stay as pleasant and effifcient as possible. Unlike one reviw whose only caveat was "noise' at nigt, my room was a quiet oasis each night after a great day of adventures here. I travel a buit and Patong Rose was one of my best finds in a new location. A great value and esxperience all around no doubt. Kalle, Gabrielle and John are the friendly helpful caring and available hosts every traveller hopesfor but doesn't lwlays find.I am leaving today for 5 days in search of Manta Rays in the Similan Islands happy knowing I will return shortly to the lovely Patong Rose for the second half of my Phuket stay. If you are looking for a clean comforttable friendly PERFECTLY located guesthouse in Patong that is an excellent value, look no further than Patong Rose.You will love it as I do! I rely on Trip Advisor for planning my trips and want to make sure others who use TA know about the Patong Rose Guesthouse. I highly reccomend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Nice Swedish/Hungarian couple run this guesthouse. They are very good at taking care of guests and making sure you know how to get to where you would like to go. I looked around for an hour online for a place close to the beach, nightlife and this was the cheapest that I found, so I wasn't expecting much but this guesthouse is very nice and a great value. Very close to the beach, and 5-10 min walk to Bangla road. Clean sheets, aircon, tv, hot shower.. I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Stayed here for a couple of weeks dec10 and jan11. The locations is great, wery close to the beach and the center of Patong. The rooms was excellent, but a little noice from restaurants close by, with loud music undtil 01:30 am.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo