“Had a pleasent stay at this hotel on my HoneyMoon”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #44 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had been in this Hotel on my honey Moon for 5 days at Room 617. Had a pleasant stay, with massive bedrooms and massive toilets and balcony.
Facilities at this Hotels are good and staffs are friendly. Easy reach to beach and local Market. recommend this Hotel for Honey Moon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blue Ocean Resort

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I just ended my stay at Blue Ocean Resort in Patong, it was such an enjoyable, relaxing stay! The room was very spacious and very clean. We had a Deluxe room, and there was more than enough space to spread out and relax. The bathroom was very clean also.

I read other reviews before we arrived regarding the "smell" from the nearby sewer river. After staying for 7 nights,I can honestly say I was not bothered once. There is the occasional waft, but anyone travelling to South East Asia and not expecting an array of different smells is in for a surprise!

The hotel's location is in fact only a 5 minute walk to Patong beach, and outside the hotel there is a 7 eleven a few doors down, several restaurants and 2 money exchange places next door.

I used the hotel's Olana Spa twice, for an hour neck and back massage in my last 3 days, from Phung and Meaw respectively - they were both so good and kept checking to make sure i was happy with the massage pressure and quality. I only wish I had used the spa more during my time, the services were incredibly cheap and the atmosphere was so calming and lovely.

Cherry was the main person on reception we dealt with, she was so sweet and professional, and very helpful with any requests, greeting us with a smile and wai every time. However all the staff at Blue Ocean were very pleasant to deal with, and the restaurant and bar staff were very accommodating and friendly.

I would highly recommend staying here, as I plan to return as soon as I can!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank ktina88
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is an excellent hotel located at a very convenient location near Patong beach. The staff here were very friendly and has an excellent restaurant at the poolside. The pool facing rooms are spacious and the services are nice. Though the lock of our room was a little defective but we could easily find out the trick of using it conveniently. Nobody should miss the wonderful spread of buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sabyasachitoton
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a great hotel clean friendly and the best massage I have ever had room 204 is the best room to have thankyou for making our stay so enjoyable. Breakfast was great and the front of house staff very professional

Room Tip: room 204 is nice and private
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tina k
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Well after travelling australia for one year and living in hostels.we travelled thailand for 1month and this was our first hotel in Thailand.when we got dropped off the taxi driver dropped us around at the side of the hotel so we had to walk up the side of the hotel and then get the lift from the carpark underneath.we thought where are we.when got inside our first words were 'wow'.stayed here for one week last July 13 and what a great stay.all staff especially jay jay and nina made you feel so welcome and couldnt do enough for you.rooms were lovely with double showers in room.this was luxury compared to hostel life we were loving it!our balcony looked onto pool and view was great.breakfast was brilliant,excellent choice and all restuarant staff were super friendly and helpful.had great stay and would definatley return soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Blue Ocean and we were greated like royalty! This hotel and staff are the best! We were recognised as soon as we walked in the reception and were given drinks and fruit from mama! JJ again was there to great us and had welcome photos taken! Once we settled in it was like home from home. Every morning greeted with smiles from all the staff and fresh eggs cooked by Oii with a special plate of fruit from mama! The rooms are always spotlessly clean and anything you need is there without question! People that complain about the river really need to understand that its not the hotels fault and they are trying to resolve the matter with the authorities but you get a second of the smell and its gone! (Nothing to moan about! )
I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else than Blue Ocean! Here you are a person not a number! I've stayed at the Holiday Inn and Banthai resort in the past and the service and staff are nothing like Blue Ocean ! Thanks to all the staff,our holiday was once
again AMAZING! ! Waiting for flights to return next year! Thanks JJ,Nina,Mama, Oii, Misu, Cherry, Chris,Marco, Andy,Arm,Bee,Barber, and sorry to anyone ive missed! You're all fantastic people! !!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank PAULINE W
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Hidden gem down quieter end of Patong. Night market across the road and some small cafés and massage places around as well as a 711 virtually next door. Short walk to beach, and easy ten minute walk to Jungceylon. Most rooms appear to have balcony over the pool. Great big rooms, lovely three way bathroom with fantastic double shower. The staff were lovely, especially at breakfast, attentive Marco, Oii at the egg station who always remembered me and what I would like, and the always smiling Mama. Never had a problem getting a lounge by smallish pool but towels not available until 10 when pool opens (get them the afternoon before if you want to go to beach early). Lovely sunny aspect around the pool in the mornings and shady in the afternoon.
The hotel was clean and spacious for a smaller establishment. The spa was a lovely experience and breakfast buffet provided good range of European and Asian dishes. Using tour operator was a good experience. I required special seating at Siam Naramit and staff ensured that was possible (something I couldn't do on the internet).
A fantastic experience overall. I will definitely stay there again on my return to Phuket.

Room Tip: High rooms will be quieter. Definitely was balcony overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo