“Nice rooms but too noisy”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #43 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms but too noisy”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stayed here for three nights leading up to New Years Eve. We decided not to stay over the New Year as we didn't want to pay for the compulsory New Years Eve Gala Dinner.

On arrival we arrived at the hotel and someone took our bags up the stairs, we were given a cold drink and checked in. No problems. The lobby was ok, nothing special and a bit odd in my opinion. The hotel corridors to the rooms could be absolutely anywhere, very bland and boring. However in the rooms is a different story. They look absolutely brand new and very modern and clean. Nice bathroom with an excellent shower. The room also contained a mini bar which was reasonably priced, safe, scales, flat screen tv. I quite liked the electronic system next to the bed where you could control all the lights and air con.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast which was ok. It had the usual fare, English breakfast, American, continental and local Asian food. So there was always something for everyone. The service is a bit hit and miss, sometimes they would forget to offer coffee and then seem really embarrassed and apologetic when you went to get it yourself.

As for sleep quality, well that's a different story. If you want to get a good nights sleep then this place isn't for you. We were on the 5th floor and every night all you could hear from 10:00pm until 5:00am is some base music vibrating through the floors. I don't actually think it comes from the hotel. So at times we were woken up during the early hours and found it hard to drift to sleep. I was quite glad to be out of there so I could sleep properly.

The hotel has plenty of little shops nearby and short walking distance to restaurants too. The beach is around 5 minutes walk too.

We didn't use the pool area, mainly because it was shady from around 14:00pm onwards, but none the less the pool area was nice.

Overall we had no problems with the hotel other than the noise in the evening. However if I was coming back to Patong again, I would probably choose another hotel, mainly because I would prefer something quieter and with more outdoor space. We had chosen this one as it was in our price range for the Christmas/New Year period, I would recommend it only during the rest of the year price pending.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 8 January 2011

This hotel is a total disaster, because of staff and management.
staff do not understand english, during brakfast, who was very poor, the staff was standing lookng at guests and talking to each other
Booked and payed for a room with jacuzzi, got a romm without, staff told us that hotel omly have one room with jacuzzi !?

This hotel is a joke DO NOT BOOK

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TomasS4
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed at Blue Ocean over the new years holiday. The hotel itself was great, the location was perfect in vclose proximity to the beach (7 min walk) and main market area (5 min). As a solo female traveler I felt very safe at this location. The rooms were very nice with a big screen tv, comfy bed and great showers. The pool was very pretty with comfortable pool-side seating. I was very disappointed in the hotel service staff – from check in to check out you could tell it was a new hotel and the staff was not overly concerned with hotel guests needs - this was very disappointing seeing as how in my 3 weeks of traveling Thailand I could not have been more impressed with every other member of hotel services I encountered. The hotel entrance is up about 20 steps and I arrived with multiple bags and no one was there to assist with luggage. When I got to the check in counter I had to wait ten min. although there was no other guests waiting to be checked in. I asked tright away about internet and was told it was free (which it was) and let them know I had a computer but was told it was not wireless you needed to connect via etherenet - there was no cord in the room nad the person at check in did not bother to inform me I needed to get the cord from him. When I called down they made me come down to get the cord as opposed ot offering to bring one up. I was all at the hotel for the mandatory New Years Eve Gala, which they tell you about at check in.. when I asked to speak to a manager about not attending the event that was 3,800 Bhat (120USD) I was told that was not an option to talk to a manager which I felt was very rude. It turned out the food at the Gala was VERY DISAPOINTING, there was hardly any variety and the food was NOT GOOD. For the price drinks were not included (you had to pay for even water and soda) I ended up going elsewhere for food that night, so I wasted the money. At check-out I tried to speak to a manager again, but was denied by the staff to even talk to anyone. When checking out it took over 20 min, the individual who was “helping me” was working on something else and answering other phone calls while 3 other staff members just stood around doing nothing. Although the hotel itself is very nice and in a great location I was so dissatisfied by the service that I cannot recommend this hotel for the price. Maybe it was because service everywhere else in Thailand was so great that in comparison Blue Ocean did not stand up to the test…

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Hotel 1 Year old.
Very modern with plasma tv on the wall. Spacious rooms with two singles (closer to two double beds) and a day bed with large balcony. Bathroom had a large double shower,
Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.
Breakfast was a buffet open till 1030am.
Pool was great, but could have been deeper at 1.4m and open from 10am till 7pm.
In an ideal location close to the OTOP markets 5 min walk away and Bangla Rd being a 10-15min walk. The hotel is away from the hustle of busy thailand but close enough to walk to any markets or nightlife easily. During our stay we had the 5 Day beach Festival with may food stalls set up along the beach and a concert opposite Bangla Rd.
100baht ride to Bangla Rd from out front of the Hotel.
Would definately recommend again as I have had experience in Thai with this trip being my 3rd to Patong.

• Stayed December 2010
BOresort, Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 27 December 2010
Many thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to have you here again on your next visit.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 December 2010

We just had a wonderful 4 days at Blue Ocean. The hotel is immaculately clean and staff extremely courteous. Decent sized rooms, beautiful bathrooms, all with modern fittings. A short stroll to the beach and shopping.
A hotel staff even drove my daughter to the hospital one night when she suddenly became ill while the rest of us were out.
Nice lounge upstairs, with TV and view, to wait in as we checked out at noon but our flight was later in the evening.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DaudAli
Thank you for your kind comments. We hope your daughter is feeling better, and hope to see you again.
Surat Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My family and I stayed in Blue Ocean Resort, Patong, Phuket for 4 nights. The hotel is quite new and very well furnished in the rooms. We all loved the bathroom and the children loved the big screen TV. There was also internet access in the room for your laptops. We stayed in a Poolside room, which was very ideal, since my children had direct access to the swimming pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good and was abundant enough. The hotel was just five minutes' walk from the beach, and about 1 km from the Jungceylon shopping area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sakuna
BOresort, Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Thank you for your comments - We look forward to having you again.

Pawan
Blue Ocean Resort
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 November 2010

New hotel, good amenities in the room. Quiet.
I made some request for my young children, and when we arrived there all of it was available when we went to the room. For example, i requested a baby cot for my 11 months old, they placed ot in the room for free. Good house keeping. Clean and smell free room. Friendly staffs especially the manager, he showed genuine interest and care attending guests.

Good location to walk to beach and do shopping. Plenty of shops and restaurant in walking distance, not forgeting Hard Rock Cafe. You can walk anywhere or can get a Tuk-Tuk. We rented a car ( first day ) and motorbike ( second day to beach - but actually its very near) since we have a infant and a 4 years old.

No noisy bars and discotheques around. Very modern and elegant room. Nothing to complain.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family