“The Gallery Hotel, can’t wait to go back!!”
Review of The Gallery Hotel

The Gallery Hotel
Ranked #18 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
Pattaya, Thailand
“The Gallery Hotel, can’t wait to go back!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Booking my room
Mon, the manager set up my room booking and assured me my stay would be enjoyable. I asked her if she needed my credit card and she wrote me back and said,The first thing she wrote to me in an email was, “no need for your credit card, “we trust you.” That was my first clue this hotel knows how to treat their guests. My room was waiting for me on the first floor.

Staff
I travel a lot and I always come across some problem with a hotel staff member for one reason or another. I have to say with all accuracy, every staff member in this hotel, the desk clerks, bell clerk, housekeeping and most certainly Mon, the manager treated me like I was a VIP guest. Every little request I had was taken care of with speed and politeness. If I asked for extra towels, more water bottles, or any other need, it was taken care of within minutes. I was very impressed with that.
The housekeeping girls were very sweet and I felt that they were very trustworthy with my belongings. All the desk clerk girls were extremely nice and intelligent on how to deal with hotel business and problems. Very professional staff.

My Room
The moment I walked into my room I knew right away I wanted to stay here for the full two weeks planned. Mon was kind enough to give me a discount being that my stay was a lengthy one.
The room was spotless and very comfortable. The bed was so enjoyable, I slept every night like a baby. I loved the mattress and bedding s they supplied.
One thing I loved was the shower with lots of hot water and strong pressure. This shower had it all.
I had a small balcony with a view of the street. The room was still quiet, hardly heard any noise outside.
Room Amenities
The security safe was very easy to operate and it came in handy every day. The TV was a nice flat screen with a lot of the cable channels I like to watch. 2 free bottles of water every day. Coffee maker and condiments.

Pool
The pool was small BUT it had great spa jets with enormous pressure and every day I massaged my aching feet, neck and back. This was a big plus for me.

Computer Room
This was a big reason why I chose this hotel. A private room, airconditioned, 3 computers at my disposal. This saved me hours and hours of aggravation, hunting down a place to do my emailing and other computer work. THANK GOD FOR THIS ROOM.

Location
One word, “perfect”.
Walking distance to Bangla Rd, a lot of the restaurants and the beach. About a 5 minute walk to each of these places. The hotel sits in a culdesac so it was always quiet.
I nice restaurant in front of the hotel to the left. Great Thai food but the Falang food was pricy and not very good.

ADDED BONUS
Next to the hotel is a motorbike rental shop. The owner’s name is Yot. He takes care of you. Good service, fair prices. Good motorbikes. The Gallery hotel recommended him to me and it was a great recommendation.
ONE MORE THING
I left my slippers and a pair of pants in the room. Don’t know how I did that but I contacted the hotel and they gladly sent my stuff back to my home in Pattaya Bch, Thailand a few days later.
All hotels should be run like The gallery.
Eric

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Serpong, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

have booked 2 room for June 2013. first, the hotel is clean, nice interior, like it. in phuket we plan to go to phiphi island and have booked a tour from the hotel. the hotel join with some travel agent. but we really disappointed because our plan to tour the phiphi island that we have booked the tour from the hotel was canceled. the receptionist said that the agent have trouble with the speedboat. and can not to change to the other agent because it's too late for us. the time to go to phiphi is 9AM and will be pick up from hotel the time before. but the receptionist just called the agent to make sure at 9am. so it's too late for us if we want to find another travel agent to go to phiphi. and we can not to go to phiphi island for the next day. because we should to go to bangkok. and the receptionist suggest us to go to khai island, because the tour will start at 11.00.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very close to Bangala road and other attractions, but in a cul de sac and very quiet neighborhood. It's a basic hotel with clean and trendy rooms and a small reception area. Traveled in 2010 February, so decent weather and early mornings walks were great to the beach. Right opposite was a cafe with wonderful staff members that would have our infant son's favorite orange juice ready-made and waiting for breakfast, great english brekky too. Right next door were professional massage clinics - NOT THE SLEAZY ONES - where my wife probably spent most of her time in Phuket, being pampered at fraction the cost when compared to Australia. Best part was the massage ladies baby-sat our toddler while we were getting treated :)

Phuket can be very noisy when staying at budget hotels, however, The Gallery was fantastic value with clean & efficient service perfectly located for a young family get away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

this is a small hotel. rooms are basic checked in and got to room it was ok but wasn't very clean the bathroom had dirt on floor and there was stuff left in bin.so not the best start the room
it self was fine tv and mini bar balcony was tiny and there was no view just waste land. staff not very friendly and didn't speak a lot of English wifi was meant to be free but it wasn't. location is fine about 5 miniute walk to the beach and in a quiet area. seven eleven at end of road which is handy as there is no bar or resturante in this hotel all in all I wouldn't go back not worth the price.

Room Tip: try another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hayley R
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews online n photos of rooms i saw online .
The booking process was smooth , we arrived without a hassle , lovely area , nice hotel decor (lobby area) , there's a lift too . We were allotted rooms and at 1h of the A/C being on , there was 20% cooling , this continued till 4hours then 8hours n that night we were sleepless , the room just wouldn't cool more than a 40% or so . Phuket weather in April is a braveheart's task .
What i liked is , their trouble-shooter Poy from next door immediately offered to shift us , she said 'What matters to me is you guys get good sleep,we'll see in the morning' .
we obliged , the cooling was def better in this room but there is a weird positioning of Airconditioners in almost all rooms n hence the rooms wouldnt cool completely .

Let me get to one of the Front Desk guys , he is such a mess , not sure what the attitude is about> mind you i am not referring to a kind hearted female attendee 'Monicha' who is much much better n knew her job well .

I would have never booked this hotel had anybody mentioned about the A/c issues in the rooms , i mean with the price we paid that was the least we expected . I'm sorry to say this but look no further than the 4-5 properties just next door ,your money would be more well spent .

Coing back to the good - The Location is amazing , the thai massage place upfront n the Cafe is a blessing , the Bike Rental Guy 'Ho' became our friend and was very very kind throughout .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Belvedere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at The Gallery Hotel for 5 nights on honeymoon. Located on a small no through street so nice and quiet. 5-10 minute walk to Patong beach, 10-15 minute walk to Bangla Road. When we checked into our room we were pleasantly surprised to find our bed had been decorated with rose petals. The room is not very big but was absolutely fine for the 2 of us, large comfortable bed, dressing table and chair, quiet air conditioning. The en-suite bathroom is a fair size with a good shower. Small balcony with 1 chair. There is a small swimming pool with a jacuzzi seat, 1.5 metres deep so be careful with children, there is no shallow end, 3 sunbeds. The hotel has a lift but there are a few steps from the street to the lobby. No bar or dining facilities in the hotel but plenty nearby. Small car park.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 February 2013

First of all, it's a nicely-decorated and clean hotel. The photos on its website are exactly what it is like in reality. The double-room where I spent a three-night stay is not only spacious but cozy, making us feel relaxed and comfortable after full-day trips to the islands.

Actually, we just stayed at night for sleep. We went out all day for island trips and come back for a while before we continued to discovered the exciting night life in Patong area where the hotel is located. Great location is an added value as from the hotel you can walk to many interesting areas, including the Bang La road - the most exciting road in Patong area. The service at hotel is okay. Staff could speak English well enough to understand. I still remember there is a girl who explained and talked to me about the city tour, very helpful and friendly. The service is not perfect, but acceptable in general. There is a small swimming pool with jacuzzi, lovely but the water is a bit too cold, better to swim at noon.

The price is reasonable enough. Around 50USD a night (peak season). You can get a better price nearby guesthouses but I am not sure about quality and service.

Phuket is a great place to visit. The beaches are beautiful. The island trips highly recommended are trips to Phang Nga Bay (full day) and Phi Phi Island (full day). The price is significantly varied from one travel agent to another one, so remember to check and bargain for the best price (to me, it should not cost more than 1,400 baht per per trip). There are two options for the two trips: big boat and speedboat. I recommend you take the speedboat because it's fast and carries less people. Of course, the price of speedboat is a bit more expensive. Not a big deal if you could bargain. Contact me if you need more information about the tour to Phuket: xuanhiep@vnsmail.com.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends