“Affordable & Cosy ”
Review of The Gallery Hotel

The Gallery Hotel
Ranked #21 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Gallery Hotel for 4D3N.

'Location'
- Hotel located on a small no through.
- It only take 10-15 minute walk to Patong beach.
- 5-10 minute walk to Bangla Road.
- Bike rental , Thai massage shop & 2 lovely cafe just front of the hotel.

'Room'
- Room is not very big but was absolutely fine for the 2 of us.
- Large comfortable bed, come with dressing table and chair.
- bathroom is a fair size with a good shower.
- Safe was easy to use.
- Small balcony with 1 chair.
- stay in room 402, nice scenery of the hills ....

'Lobby area'
- Swimming pool a bit small with a jacuzzi seat ( we neva try the pool coz we spend most of the time at the beach )
- Very friendly staff, even some of them cant speak proper english, but they put an efford to explain till u understand !!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rzal_R
There are newer reviews for The Gallery Hotel

Reviewed 5 October 2013

so nice and surprising to see that cheap rooms can be nice, new, renovated, full of light and well designed.
go to this place. really. it's airy, well located and very very quite.
i took a room with view to the mountain at the 3rd floor (room 301) and i like it!

Room Tip: high floor, view to north
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NatiEpstein
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

After travelling from Bangkok and being greeted by RUDE staff at a previous hotel it was so nice to be welcomed by genuine staff pleased to see us. Great location everything a short walk away. Clean airy rooms with deposit box. Good hot showers and comfy beds. Swimming pool is small that's the only down side. Great stay I would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Shellbyville
Reviewed 14 August 2013

If you want a budget place to stay, clean, with a nice size room, in the heart of Patong, this may be one of the best options in Patong. Thai hotels are generally good and you have lots of choices in Patong, this one may not be the best one, but is very close. The room is big and clean (They moved me to a smaller one after 2 days, but still good size. This was due to the intense rain. Had flood in my old room... but I understand... The rain was really intense). Staff is polite and is always ready to help. Swimming pool is really small, but at least is there. Location is perfect... 5 minutes away from everything (beach, Bangla road, Shopping centre). No restaurant/food available is the down side.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Booking my room
Mon, the manager set up my room booking and assured me my stay would be enjoyable. I asked her if she needed my credit card and she wrote me back and said,The first thing she wrote to me in an email was, “no need for your credit card, “we trust you.” That was my first clue this hotel knows how to treat their guests. My room was waiting for me on the first floor.

Staff
I travel a lot and I always come across some problem with a hotel staff member for one reason or another. I have to say with all accuracy, every staff member in this hotel, the desk clerks, bell clerk, housekeeping and most certainly Mon, the manager treated me like I was a VIP guest. Every little request I had was taken care of with speed and politeness. If I asked for extra towels, more water bottles, or any other need, it was taken care of within minutes. I was very impressed with that.
The housekeeping girls were very sweet and I felt that they were very trustworthy with my belongings. All the desk clerk girls were extremely nice and intelligent on how to deal with hotel business and problems. Very professional staff.

My Room
The moment I walked into my room I knew right away I wanted to stay here for the full two weeks planned. Mon was kind enough to give me a discount being that my stay was a lengthy one.
The room was spotless and very comfortable. The bed was so enjoyable, I slept every night like a baby. I loved the mattress and bedding s they supplied.
One thing I loved was the shower with lots of hot water and strong pressure. This shower had it all.
I had a small balcony with a view of the street. The room was still quiet, hardly heard any noise outside.
Room Amenities
The security safe was very easy to operate and it came in handy every day. The TV was a nice flat screen with a lot of the cable channels I like to watch. 2 free bottles of water every day. Coffee maker and condiments.

Pool
The pool was small BUT it had great spa jets with enormous pressure and every day I massaged my aching feet, neck and back. This was a big plus for me.

Computer Room
This was a big reason why I chose this hotel. A private room, airconditioned, 3 computers at my disposal. This saved me hours and hours of aggravation, hunting down a place to do my emailing and other computer work. THANK GOD FOR THIS ROOM.

Location
One word, “perfect”.
Walking distance to Bangla Rd, a lot of the restaurants and the beach. About a 5 minute walk to each of these places. The hotel sits in a culdesac so it was always quiet.
I nice restaurant in front of the hotel to the left. Great Thai food but the Falang food was pricy and not very good.

ADDED BONUS
Next to the hotel is a motorbike rental shop. The owner’s name is Yot. He takes care of you. Good service, fair prices. Good motorbikes. The Gallery hotel recommended him to me and it was a great recommendation.
ONE MORE THING
I left my slippers and a pair of pants in the room. Don’t know how I did that but I contacted the hotel and they gladly sent my stuff back to my home in Pattaya Bch, Thailand a few days later.
All hotels should be run like The gallery.
Eric

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013

have booked 2 room for June 2013. first, the hotel is clean, nice interior, like it. in phuket we plan to go to phiphi island and have booked a tour from the hotel. the hotel join with some travel agent. but we really disappointed because our plan to tour the phiphi island that we have booked the tour from the hotel was canceled. the receptionist said that the agent have trouble with the speedboat. and can not to change to the other agent because it's too late for us. the time to go to phiphi is 9AM and will be pick up from hotel the time before. but the receptionist just called the agent to make sure at 9am. so it's too late for us if we want to find another travel agent to go to phiphi. and we can not to go to phiphi island for the next day. because we should to go to bangkok. and the receptionist suggest us to go to khai island, because the tour will start at 11.00.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very close to Bangala road and other attractions, but in a cul de sac and very quiet neighborhood. It's a basic hotel with clean and trendy rooms and a small reception area. Traveled in 2010 February, so decent weather and early mornings walks were great to the beach. Right opposite was a cafe with wonderful staff members that would have our infant son's favorite orange juice ready-made and waiting for breakfast, great english brekky too. Right next door were professional massage clinics - NOT THE SLEAZY ONES - where my wife probably spent most of her time in Phuket, being pampered at fraction the cost when compared to Australia. Best part was the massage ladies baby-sat our toddler while we were getting treated :)

Phuket can be very noisy when staying at budget hotels, however, The Gallery was fantastic value with clean & efficient service perfectly located for a young family get away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family