“Perfect location, although not a stand out”

Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
Ranked #65 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Deluxe Suite one bedroom for 8 nights this was our second trip to Thailand so we decided to stay somewhere new. The resort is quite big, looks exactly like the photos show on the website the staff are all very helpful as said previously not the best English but wasn’t a big issue, our room was lovely spacious and clean, maids came every day. Only issue with the room was the hot water took about 5-7 mins to turn warm otherwise was completely cold along with the Jacuzzi was freezing we didn’t use once which was a shame. Breakfast was average not alot of variety at all! got over eggs real quick, the bus shuttle into town was fantastic comes every hour, We only swam in 1 of the 8 pools as the resort is so big felt like we were the only ones staying at the resort, the guys serving at the pool bar were great we loved happy hour. Resort reception helped book some tours which was good, overall the resort is beautiful perfect location very quiet although so close to town. We stayed at Indigo Pearl last year and unfortunately Indigo is still a stand out although I probably would only recommend sea pearl only for location.

Room Tip: make sure you aren't to far away from reception otherwise is a hike every morning for breakfast...
1  Thank Sarahhlouise
Manager-Seapearl, Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review for our resort.

We've shared your comments with our staff and hopefully we got the right message to the right people. Customer service is something we try to improve upon each and everyday. Recognition from a guest is the reward that is most gratifying for our staff. With such a large team at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, we recognize the English skills vary greatly. This is an area we are attempting to improve on an ongoing basis and will continue to improve.

We were pleased to hear you enjoyed the rooms and the shuttle service. Hearing about the water is a concern for obvious reasons. This hasn't been a reoccurring issue, so we will definitely resolve quickly as I believe we can identify the room. The "freezing" jacuzzi is, unfortunately, not a new issue and one we are looking at for possible solutions. As mentioned in several replies to customers reviews, a hot water jacuzzi in the tropical climate was not considered as the best solution. However, it is becoming clear many customers disagree and it's customer's voice which is most important.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again.

Management - Sea Pearl Villas Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Location is good if you want to be close to Patong without being right in the middle of it and good regular shuttle bus from resort to Patong although personally I would prefer to stay at Kamala Beach. Bad feeling about this hotel from check in did not experience the usual Thai hospitality.Bell boys were helpful and friendly and staff at breakfast were also friendly. Very large room with kitchenette which would have been great except for the fact that it did not contain any utensils other than a kettle not even a bottle opener for the size of the kitchen it was dissapointing.We asked for a bottle opener and were told to call housekeeping everytime we wanted something opened and there would be a charge. Room had a jacuzzi on the balcony but as others have stated it was freezing cold and the week we were there it was raining most of the time so not warm enough to get into a cold spa. My biggest complaint was the smell of the room we could smell a moldy smell when we checked into the room I didn't say anything as I thought it just needed to be aired out so we opened up all the doors and put the fan on, we went out for awhile and when we returned the smell was still there so I asked for an oil burner unfortunately the next morning I woke up with a horrible headache from the smell once again we tried airing the room out but nothing helped so I asked if we could be moved to another room unfortunately they did not have another room in the same category that we had booked the lady then suggested that maybe we were not use to the "smell" in the tropics I informed her that I lived in the tropics for many years and this was our fourth stay in a Phuket hotel and did not have this problem at any of the others. This was the first hotel that I have ever stayed in that I have asked for a room change maybe we were just unlucky I cannot comment on the other rooms. Breakfast was not upto the standard of other Thailand hotels we have stayed in. Pool area was nice but there was mold in the pool on the tiles. We paid for a late check out as we had an evening flight. Front desk was calling us before the agreed time to collect our bags. Upon check out and with our driver waiting they wouldnt check us out until they checked the mini bar in our room which took them a long time I found this unbelivable definately not five star treatment. Would not stay here again much better places for the same amount or less to stay in Phuket.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lisa089

Dear Valued Customer,

Your feedback and honesty is greatly appreciated. Although there were some positives that could be found in the review, it certainly is obvious you were disappointed in your overall experience at our property. This is unfortunate and I do regret we were unable to make your entire stay more positive.

We are looking into each of the areas you have pointed out and have already corrected several of them. However, others will continue to need attention in the way of training to insure a consistent experience for every guest.

Again, thank you for your review and for your business. And, my apologies for not meeting yours and our own expectations.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at Sea Pearl Villas during a recent Thailand trip and loved every minute of it. The room was huge and the bed so massive. Apart from 2 toilets, a large living area and good sized bedroom we also had a decked area with our own jacuzzi.

Sure, the water in the jacuzzi was not heated, but who wants it to be when it's 30 degree outside?

The hotel staff were very helpful, booking us tours and catering to our every need. The restaurant also served excellent food. The seafood buffet at the club house was a little disappointing though.

It was really nice to be a little out of the noise of Patong, but to be close enough to venture in whenever we wanted. While you can't walk down, there is a courtesy shuttle bus every hour. Outside that time you can use one of their cars or if you don't want to spend that much then hail a tuk tuk from outside the resort. Getting tuk tuks home at night was also very cheap and easy - plus a lot of fun when you can get one with all the lights and speakers.

We would definitely stay at Sea Pearl Villas again if we returned to Patong.

2  Thank LaLaLauraLondon

Dear Valued Customer,

Your review of the property is greatly appreciated and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Sea Pearl Villas Resort.

We also hope you enjoyed Phuket Island as a whole. Patong can be an exciting place and being close enough to offer true convenience yet far enough to enjoy a bit of tranquility is something we are fortunate to be able to offer.

The remark regarding the seafood buffet was not overlooked and is appreciated.

Thank you again for business and we hope you are able to visit us again.

Managent - Sea Pearl Villas Resort

Reviewed 28 October 2012

If you are looking for a perfect location then Sea Pearl Villas is the place to go. It is out of the hussle and bustle of Patang Beach but close enough to stay in touch with all the sights of Phuket.
The shuttle bus service is first class and even if you want to stay late a tuk tuk can be hired for around 300 baht to get you back safely.
The meals at the resort are of first-class quality with service to match.
Make sure to visit the pool bar for happy hour each day for a truly great experience.
The front desk staff speak excellent English and are always available to help with any problems you encounter.
The cleaning staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough to make your stay a memorable one.
Please make sure that you tip all the staff (around 20 baht) to show your appreciation.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a magnificent view make sure you ask for a room on the top floors of the reso...
5  Thank Jeffrey Y

Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback, kind words, and business are appreciated. And I'm certain the staff appreciates the recommendation!

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at Sea Pearl Villas Resort and hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Phuket again.

Sea Pearl Villas Resort - Management

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The hotel is in a good location for Patong as you can get the free shuttle service into town but come back to a quite resort as opposed to staying in the busy Patong centre. Although advertised as luxurious 5 star and the room was large and nicely furnished, the overall feel was that some maintenance was needed. The TV reception throughout the resort had some issues as all channels very fuzzy and the jacuzzi in the room was cold, which let down the appeal of watching the stars and city lights at night. Breakfast was also dissapointing for a 5 star hotel and lunch was particularly slow - 45 minutes to receive food. However many of the staff were friendly, some less though. Overall a cold atmosphere but a good base for a night in Patong.

5  Thank sfwalls

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your patronage. We are always pleased to hear positive comments about the property but the most helpful feedback is often critical. Obviously we want every aspect of your stay to be perfect and when it wasn't, your feedback is critical.

The issues with maintenance and service are addressed daily with an aim to continue to improve each and everyday. We feel confident this has improved. The issue with the tv reception has been pointed out by others and is something we certainly have not failed to see for ourselves. Currently we are reviewing alternate cable TV providers that will provide an improved reception as well as an increase in international channels. The cool water jacuzzi has also been a topic of discussion numerous times. Although most of our guest prefer the cold water experience due to the warm tropical weather, we are looking at providing a heater switch for those guest who prefer a warm versus cool jacuzzi.

Again, we sincerely appreciate feedback from past guest and your feedback will go a long way to improving the overall experience for our guest.

Sea Pearl Villas Resort Management

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Overall my stay was very good. The rooms extremely clean, and my room was serviced very fast each morning. The staff at the main desk and at the breakfast buffet were extremely friendly and efficient. The hotel shuttle to the beach and shopping area was always on time both going and coming back. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Don't try to walk down the hill as I did to the beach...very dangerous since there are no sidewa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Seapearl, Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the property and appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It gives us great pleasure to know that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and we sincerely look forward to serving you again.
Your feedback/recommendation regarding the walk to the beach is well noted and something we will share with others. The resort shuttle service is intended to remove the need to walk to the beach. We will continue to review the service frequency in an attempt to remove any unnecessary inconveniences for all guest.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Myself & two boys (16yrs & 5yrs) arrived a bit nervous from our trip from airport - unscheduled stops unexplained by driver who just pulled up & jumped out, leaving us wondering 'what the heck?...' & then accosted by tour sales people - twice!
We arrived at lovely lobby in good spirits nevertheless. We had booked jacuzzi rooms & were informed, after a long stare by the desk attendant, that she was upgrading us. Hmmm....we had wanted separate rooms but went along with it happy enough to check it out. Wow! She'd given us a beautiful two bedroom, two bathroom suite with kitchen (best suited to the chef who requires no stove!), huge living room & two balcony plunge jacuzzis. The kids were delighted. Free wi-fi, & a dazzling array of food & drink coupons we never even had to use! We loved the restaurant also. I heard many guests grumbling about lack of transport & the 'impossible' taxis. I found this odd - when I requested a taxi, indeed i was told it was impossible - she seemed apologetic....nothing to be done but squish into the shuttle bus I guess!...which was a great adventure for my little one!
Where this hotel excelled, for us at any rate, was when my card failed at the ATMs & I was left penniless - no taxi would take us back to hotel from shopping centre as I was 200 baht short for the trip. Stranded with child, having missed the last bus. Despite knowing the 'impossible' , as a desperate last resort I called the hotel & after a few minutes of 'can't help' we somehow arrived at my describing myself as 'Red dress with chatty little boy'. Less than 5 minutes later a gorgeous Mercedes pulled up to take us back! A little kindness goes a long way at this hotel. In addition, after several lovely treatments at the spa I experienced a small disaster which almost led to second degree burns - i spent quite a while trying to wash off extremely strong, pure essential oil from my burning face! Upon check-out I was disappointed they had not removed it from the bill (over $100). It took quite a while & several patient, respectful conversations with several different managers until the general manager agreed to remove it from the bill. Again, respectful communication & friendliness does wonders....as we awaited our taxi upon leaving, an unusually flashy Mercedes pulled up & we observed the suited, executive gentlemen next to us casually rise & head toward it - only to be ushered away horribly confused toward the Tuk-Tuk behind as the hotel had organised the car for us! We don't know what one woman & two kids did to warrant the special treatment we received throughout our stay, however we greatly appreciated it! We like to think it was simply being respectful of their ways, being kind to staff & showing appreciation for all the things they did well rather than showing displeasure when things didn't go to plan. We love this hotel & will be returning on our next trip!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ssavage40

Dear Valued Customer,
I and the rest of the staff and management team at Sea Pearl Villas appreciate your feedback and the positive ratings. Your thoughtful communication during and after your stay is important and will serve us well in our efforts to improve the experience for all customers during their stay with us.
We encourage staff to take the necessary steps when possible and do the little extra things that make a stay more enjoyable - upgrades when possible, transportation, etc. We are happy to see it helped in this instance.
We have looked into the issues you described and have taken the necessary steps to understand the why and how and are confident a resolution has been found.
We look forward to your return and to the opportunity serve you again.
Management - Sea Pearl Villas Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Wyndham Grand Phuket Kalim Bay
#9 of 334 in Patong
Kalima Resort & Spa
Kalima Resort & Spa
#65 of 391 in Kathu

Been to Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!