“Dont want to go home”

Ranked #59 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Singapore
“Dont want to go home”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

It was our first time in phuket and we came across a good deal for the villa on groupon with free breakfast and 2-way airport transfer.

It's located on top of the hill but had ample security guards patrolling and guarding the resort that gives you that safe feeling. The resort is huge and since it was low-season, there were not many guests around and it was relatively quiet but it's all good.

Check-in took quite long for us but turns out that the staff were trying to give us something extra special since we were there for a romantic getaway. So it's a give and take. We're given a few discount coupons. Got free wifi which was not bad at all. You can also great free wifi at the hotel lobby. There's PC terminals for those who needs to use a computer badly.

We got ourselves the Deluxe Jacuzzi room. It's quite huge. The toilet has adequate necessities and it's a standing shower. The bed is big and comfortable. The TV has got HBO, Fox Movies, Star Sports. The jacuzzi was well-maintained with a nice view as well. Every block is about 2-floors high and separated by a long 1.3m deep swimming pool. Air-con might take about 10 minutes odd before you can feel the cold effect. For electric sockets, you will be charged 150 baht for the rental of the adapter unless you brought one yourself.

Jacuzzi is nice. Though not that big, it should be able to fit about 3-4 people in it. Not sure if it's possible to change the water to warm water though.

Since it is not that near to Patong beach, you can hop on the shuttle bus every hour from 10am to 8pm Thailand time. Otherwise, can just request for the reception to book a taxi/tuk-tuk to bring you to Patong beach area at 300 baht at most. They dont go by meter but by location. It's about 5-10 minutes ride unless you rent a vehicle of your own. The drivers will definitely recognize Sea Pearl Villa. (Do take tuk-tuks with booming sound system and awesome music!)

For breakfast, it was western but good enough to start our mornings with. There's an egg station where you can get your dose of scrambled, poached or omelette eggs at no extra cost. Too bad they didnt have the appropriate sauce for poached eggs. Other than that you have the usual cereals, croissants, french toasts, pancakes and some heavier foods like fried noodles and fried rice. The breakfast location is just on top of the hotel lobby so there's quite a view to go with your meal.

The staff over at Sea Pearl Villa are generally friendly and polite people. Even though they might not have brilliant command of english, they are never afraid to try understand you or your requests. There's also a Filipino staff by the name of Jerome. Great guy. Helped us a lot when we were left behind by the Simon Cabaret show pickup driver and even suggested us to change the show date so we can watch it the next day. The driver who picked us up from the airport was one friendly, honest, hardworking guy. We thought he was scamming us when he brought us to a tour agency (Andaman By The Sea) to get passes for Simon Cabaret show but later on, he honestly told us that when they bring tourists to any shops while on duty, they getto earn commission and considering their standard of living there, we understood why he did what he did. He did make it up to us by bringing us to places where we can get cheap stuff, affordable seafood by the beach etc and even bring us to meet his wife who was working in Jungceylon mall.

We had a good time and will definitely consider coming to Sea Pearl VIllas Resort should there be an offer again.

Room Tip: all the buildings are 2-floors high. ask for higher floor for more privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prtyrckk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Its a little away from the beach, so not great for people wanting everything at the doorstep—but I find that's probably a good thing to get away from busy, touristy (sometimes annoying) main Patong. The hotel offers shuttle services down there on the hour so its really not an issue.

The complex was extensive but under-utilised as we were there in low season. We did have the best massage ever in the hotel spa. Its more of a couples/business hotel as there are un-balustraded areas and terraced landscaping that aren't really secure for children.

I had read some poor reviews so was a little worried, but Sea Pearl turned out to be a great place to stay. Some people complained about the there weren't enough breakfast options...but seriously, they must be incredibly spoilt as the spread was probably the best we came across in Thailand... there was more than enough food to satisfy all tastes. Some people complained that it was too sterile looking but it is meant to have modern, asian, minimalist styling...if that's not what you're into then yes, choose to go somewhere else.

The wifi was good but it was a bit of a pain having to re-log-in every time you returned to your villa. It also is restricted to your villa block so you can't get it throughout the complex which I felt was a bit unreasonable.

I feel like the hotel has listened to older reviews and really tried to make an effort to improve things.

Room Tip: In other reviews people were recommending to ask for rooms up behind the reception/restaurant area b...
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have just returned from our holiday at Sea Pearl Villas Reort in Phuket. We stayed there for a total of 9 nights. We were worried about some of the reviews but I can say we had an amazing holiday. The resort was quiet (low season) but the facilities and service was excellent. Staff were really helpful, no problem with english, facilities were an easy 4 star, and our room was amazing. We were fortunate enough to get a jacuzzi on our balcony - and it got a lot of use!!! Yes we had to pay a $100AUD deposit (no big deal and got it back), the breakfast had all the usual offerings and was great, and staff were awesome. We had one bad interaction with the day manager when we lost a key card for room (and he wanted to charge us for new one and was very rude!) - but this was a one off - the rest of the staff were excelllent - if the Hotel read this suggest they may want to discuss with this person. We used two of the pools (very well maintained), the gym (new equipment with lots of space), restuarant (great food) and bar (very nice with view over Patong and great service). Probably the highlight was our room, we opted to upgrade to a One Bedroom Jacuzzi, this was twice the size of the studio room and very well appointed. Huge bathroom with waterfall shower and seperate bath and LOTS of space. This was our annual holiday away from kids and we were really happy we stayed. Highly recommend as close proximatey to Patong (2 km) with peaceful surroundings...

Room Tip: Worth trying to get an upgrade to one bedroom - they are twice the size of studio (hotel will negoti...
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I was struggling to find a resort to stay at in Phuket but chose this one based on a friends review. He was right.. This hotel is fantastic.

Firstly, I was booked for 6 nights and was charged a 3000 baht deposit (about $100aud) which I paid in cash. I have read reviews about people complaining about this. Having traveled the world this is STANDARD!! Every five star hotel and even the one star ones charge a deposit!! It's in case you run off after cleaning out the mini bar lol. Why people would complain is beyond me!! The staff told me it used to be per night but now a single charge of 3000. This is fair enough I think and it is also standard practise for a credit card auth to take a while to reverse so pay cash and get your money back when u leave.

The room was amazing! Unlike everyone else it seems I was not upgraded lol. But that was ok the standard jacuzzi room suited me fine. The shower was awesome only had two temps through... Really hot or freezing cold lol
The mini bar was well stocked and is at usual hotel prices (about 3aud for a coke can,80 baht)
The room was cleaned every day by around 2pm but i did once have to ask for some towels because they forgot.
The tv is ok, channels half missing and poorly tuned on some channels but I wasn't fussed as I wasn't there to watch tv.
The bed was comfy and the linen soft. The overall room is modern and inviting.

The on site restaraunt is pretty good. The breakfast is amazing with countless choices. The prices for lunch and dinner are great and the dinner is available until midnight which is good.

The location of the hotel is far from most things but a free bus runs from 10am until 8pm every day to the local shopping centre and patong beach. Outside these times the hotel will run you down in a Mercedes for 300 baht ($9aud). Have to say reading other reviews about people complaining about paying for a taxi to hotel. I challenge them to find anywhere in world where taxi for ten to fifteen minutes would ku cost $15 aud (seems some reviewers love a whinge) you can even call hotel for pick up in the same car. I do suggest organising your own taxi to and from airport though as hotel price is 3 times the cost. I booked mine when I bought plane tickets on Expedia and it was 2000 baht return. Hotel charges 2500 baht each way!!! (Taxi at Airport rank will charge 800 and most offer to come get you afterwards for same price)

The pools on site are amazing and there is one upstairs with bar attached. The pools were barely used by other guests so I mostly had them to myself.

The staff are a credit to the hotel. Always smiling, bending over backwards to help and more than happy to go the extra mile. Not once did I encounter language barriers and if a staff member didn't speak English they tend to have housekeeping roles etc. I ripped my house cleaner a few times and he seemed to appreciate it. Tipping is not required however.

Now with any holiday there will be some bad points so I guess I should be fair in my review and include them.
The majority of things that bugged me were guest related to be honest. Rude Chinese tourists spitting and blowing their noses onto the ground. Pushing onto bus or making us wait while they did other things whilst holding the bus up.

I did however have one big issue I wanted to share that is hotel related. I have travelled all over the world and stayed In some amazing hotels in some "dodgy countries" but NEVER have I been told I can not have a guest in my room (not to sleep over). I met a local tour guide while I was on holiday there, she had a car and offered to drive me around. As I was on my own I accepted and she took me out drinking and I well got a bit drunk. She returned me to my hotel and escorted me to my room. No hanky Panky lol (i amgay anyways lol) anyways, no sooner had she got me to my room and was making us a cup of tea but the phone rang.. It was reception advising me there would be a 1500baht guest in room charge. I was too drunk to deal with it so next day went and spoke to the manager. The charge was removed but I was advised that visitors must be in hotel bar or lobby etc. This is not really good, I paid for the room and should be able to chose whether I have a guest over night or even for an hour. In every other place I have been outside services such as masseuse, food, etc can come your room of you inform the hotel. Charging to have a visitor is a joke and made me quite upset. Saying this, it was the only let down for the whole stay.

Overall the hotel deserves the recognition for being above the standard and for offering a safe and friendly accommodation.
I am glad I followed my friends review and chose this hotel. I would consider bringing my partner and staying here again.

This hotel is great and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a positive accommodation experience!!

Thank you Sea Pearl!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jamesthom
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We split our trip in terms of accommodation, spending 2 nights at Sea Pearl Villas and 3 nights at a different resort out of 12 days holiday. Having had the misfortune of staying at the other resort and experiencing sub standard service, we are returning to Sea Pearl Villas for a further 3 night stay all in the same week for the remainder of our stay in Patong.

This resort falls slightly short of a 5* rating for us as when we first arrived at the hotel, they tried to implement a 3000 baht security deposit. We were told that it would be returned to us at the end of our stay in cash if paid in cash or after 2 weeks if paid by credit card. Having read previous reviews on trip advisor we refused to pay the bond, had a lengthy discussion with management as this charge was not presented as part of the terms and conditions of our booking. As our booking had been paid in full prior to our arrival the charge was waived after a 10 min stand off.

It was a lovely touch to be greeted by friendly staff upon arrival at the resort and offered a cool beverage! To our delight we were also upgraded to a deluxe jacuzzi suite!

The room was beautiful!! Clean, inviting and very well designed! The highlights were the double headed bath tub, jacuzzi on the balcony and the space. The suite was light and airy and the finishing touches e.g. Complimentary toiletry products were well received. The towels were fluffy and as one would hope the bed linen was clean. The waterfall shower was powerful although we did have an issue with a slow draining drain and ants. Wifi in room was strong.

The pool and gym facilities were stunning although the shrubbery leading down to the pool needed to be attended to.

Breakfast was wholesome and plentiful.

Although at top of hill out of patong main area, the shuttle into town was easy to access/ it is a 15min walk into town or you can hire a car for 300 baht. It really is a beautiful abode in the hills with good customer service and value for money. A good 3.5/4* hotel.

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and would definitely definitely recommend it to those visiting the Patong area.

1 Thank Eboni B
mumbai
Reviewed 29 June 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights. the view from our room was not that great but jacuzzi is great. there is an awesome facility for free bus service for beach and a mall. will definaetely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Great View Room was great Spa on deck was Beautiful but the Aircon was very loud .Location was a Little bit out of the way about 10min But the Free shuttle Bus was good leaves every Hr into Patong .There is a Helipad at the resort but we were there for 2 nights and NEVER heard a Helicopter ..So I would definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: Great Place
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
The KEE Resort & Spa
The KEE Resort & Spa
#27 of 322 in Patong

Been to Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!