It was our first time in phuket and we came across a good deal for the villa on groupon with free breakfast and 2-way airport transfer.
It's located on top of the hill but had ample security guards patrolling and guarding the resort that gives you that safe feeling. The resort is huge and since it was low-season, there were not many guests around and it was relatively quiet but it's all good.
Check-in took quite long for us but turns out that the staff were trying to give us something extra special since we were there for a romantic getaway. So it's a give and take. We're given a few discount coupons. Got free wifi which was not bad at all. You can also great free wifi at the hotel lobby. There's PC terminals for those who needs to use a computer badly.
We got ourselves the Deluxe Jacuzzi room. It's quite huge. The toilet has adequate necessities and it's a standing shower. The bed is big and comfortable. The TV has got HBO, Fox Movies, Star Sports. The jacuzzi was well-maintained with a nice view as well. Every block is about 2-floors high and separated by a long 1.3m deep swimming pool. Air-con might take about 10 minutes odd before you can feel the cold effect. For electric sockets, you will be charged 150 baht for the rental of the adapter unless you brought one yourself.
Jacuzzi is nice. Though not that big, it should be able to fit about 3-4 people in it. Not sure if it's possible to change the water to warm water though.
Since it is not that near to Patong beach, you can hop on the shuttle bus every hour from 10am to 8pm Thailand time. Otherwise, can just request for the reception to book a taxi/tuk-tuk to bring you to Patong beach area at 300 baht at most. They dont go by meter but by location. It's about 5-10 minutes ride unless you rent a vehicle of your own. The drivers will definitely recognize Sea Pearl Villa. (Do take tuk-tuks with booming sound system and awesome music!)
For breakfast, it was western but good enough to start our mornings with. There's an egg station where you can get your dose of scrambled, poached or omelette eggs at no extra cost. Too bad they didnt have the appropriate sauce for poached eggs. Other than that you have the usual cereals, croissants, french toasts, pancakes and some heavier foods like fried noodles and fried rice. The breakfast location is just on top of the hotel lobby so there's quite a view to go with your meal.
The staff over at Sea Pearl Villa are generally friendly and polite people. Even though they might not have brilliant command of english, they are never afraid to try understand you or your requests. There's also a Filipino staff by the name of Jerome. Great guy. Helped us a lot when we were left behind by the Simon Cabaret show pickup driver and even suggested us to change the show date so we can watch it the next day. The driver who picked us up from the airport was one friendly, honest, hardworking guy. We thought he was scamming us when he brought us to a tour agency (Andaman By The Sea) to get passes for Simon Cabaret show but later on, he honestly told us that when they bring tourists to any shops while on duty, they getto earn commission and considering their standard of living there, we understood why he did what he did. He did make it up to us by bringing us to places where we can get cheap stuff, affordable seafood by the beach etc and even bring us to meet his wife who was working in Jungceylon mall.
We had a good time and will definitely consider coming to Sea Pearl VIllas Resort should there be an offer again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently rebranded Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort, Phuket is located in a natural hillside over viewing Patong , offers stunning views of the city and the sea. Built on 16 acres of land, with full grown trees and lush gardens around the villa buildings and 8 swimming-pools. All of the 181 rooms comprising of Deluxe Rooms (with rain shower) and Suites (with rain shower & bath tub) has it's own Jacuzzi ((Non Heated) on the balcony. Also included are 25 Pool Villas and 4 Private Pool Suites with Jacuzzi bath tub and it's own private plunge pool. Due to the configuration between Deluxe Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suites, there is a 50% chance of getting an upgrade (not mandatory) to a 1 Bedroom Suite, upon check in, when all the Deluxe Rooms are fully occupied. International & Thai Restaurant, Terrace & Bar. Carissa Spa, Blue Waters Seafood Buffet Restaurant, Alfa Pub & Restaurant, FREE WiFi, FREE Sauna in the Club House and Fitness Center FREE hourly scheduled round trip shuttle bus transfer to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Patong Beach, from 10am to 8pm daily. Reservations for Airport transfers, excursions and tours are readily available in the resort's main lobby.With our own helipad, sight - seeing via helicopter is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Pearl Villas Hotel Patong
- Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket Patong