Stayed in 1 bedroom suite from 18 Jan 2014 - 21 Jan 2014, together with my girlfriend.
Before I came to this hotel, I read many negative reviews about this place, but still, decided to give it a go, and was definitely NOT disappointed! Strongly recommended, read on for more on my experience.
When I arrived at the hotel, service was already great. The GM of the hotel Robin Lee, came out personally to greet us hotel guests waiting for check in. I arrived way earlier than my check-in time but the staff allowed me to check in at around 11 am. I was told to have a seat in the lobby while the staff took my passport to arrange for the check in. Complimentary drinks came almost immediately after I sat down and soon enough, there was a porter assigned to bring us to our room in a mini bus even though the room is just a walking distance away. (Please note the whole hotel area itself is quite huge.)
When we reached our room, the porter then gave a brief introduction of our room, telling us how the safe and the jacuzzi work, and where can we find the items such as towels and hair dryer, etc. Room is spacious, looks beautiful and clean, no issue. The breakfast buffet was also great.
Things I think I need to clarify to do justice to this hotel.
1. Jacuzzi: It is not a heated jacuzzi but its perfectly fine considering the price for the hotel.
2. Firm bed: I read reviews earlier saying how terrible the bed is but honestly I feel its good, Its just not the very soft kind the most hotels have but rather the more support and firm kind.
3. Service: Most the the staff are not rude but they don't understand English very well, thus many people deem them as rude in the past reviews. Service was actually great if you ask me.
Location wise, the hotel is located at the top of the hill, very serene and quiet, which was nice. However, it is quite far from eateries and convenient stores, not really a walking distance. There is however, a free hourly transport, to and fro, by the hotel to Patong city and beach.
Things to watch out for
1. If you're planning to make local calls in this hotel, its going to be expensive (20/baht/min). I recommend those heading there to get a sim card instead.
2. If want to save a little do not use the chartered transport at the hotel as it is quite expensive. I would recommend you to take the free transport to Patong town and take a taxi from there instead.
Overall, I had a pleasant vacation in Sea Pearl Villas Hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone that is going to have a vacation in Phuket. My girlfriend and I love our time there and cant bear to head home!
Special thanks to GM, Robin Lee for making my vacation a successful one !
From Jeremy, Grey Neo
Delighted and Satisfied Guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently rebranded Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort, Phuket is located in a natural hillside over viewing Patong , offers stunning views of the city and the sea. Built on 16 acres of land, with full grown trees and lush gardens around the villa buildings and 8 swimming-pools. All of the 181 rooms comprising of Deluxe Rooms (with rain shower) and Suites (with rain shower & bath tub) has it's own Jacuzzi ((Non Heated) on the balcony. Also included are 25 Pool Villas and 4 Private Pool Suites with Jacuzzi bath tub and it's own private plunge pool. Due to the configuration between Deluxe Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suites, there is a 50% chance of getting an upgrade (not mandatory) to a 1 Bedroom Suite, upon check in, when all the Deluxe Rooms are fully occupied. International & Thai Restaurant, Terrace & Bar. Carissa Spa, Blue Waters Seafood Buffet Restaurant, Alfa Pub & Restaurant, FREE WiFi, FREE Sauna in the Club House and Fitness Center FREE hourly scheduled round trip shuttle bus transfer to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Patong Beach, from 10am to 8pm daily. Reservations for Airport transfers, excursions and tours are readily available in the resort's main lobby.With our own helipad, sight - seeing via helicopter is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Pearl Villas Hotel Patong
- Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket Patong