“Paradise in Thailand”
Review of M Narina Hotel

M Narina Hotel
Ranked #227 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Excellent staff. Hotel was beautiful. I stayed 3 nights and felt i could have stayed more. Loved the decor. People were so friendly. My family and I had wonderful time there. I will go back as soon as i can.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had a short and fantastic stay for 3 nights. Location is great and rooms are nice. They care about the guests and staff are very helpful. You get all u can get out of phuket for a reasonable amount of money. Will stay again if i happen to go again.

• Stayed: July 2013
m-narinacom, Genel Müdür at M Narina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Alperoldo,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Phuket.

We are also so pleased to meet you. And wish to see you soon in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Rooms were a brilliant size with balcony area and great sized bathroom with a proper shower area instead of the 'wet room' style we had got used to on our travels. Excellent value for money in comparison to both other areas and other hotels in the same area. Clean, comfortable beds and wifi available throughout hotel. Only slight drawback was the location which is about a 10/15min walk to shopping centre and Bangla Road however this walk is full of bars restaurants and the usual street vendors so easy and enjoyable, however was a little desolate at night but did not feel unsafe. Staff on reception were helpful although didn't have much interaction with them. Didn't use or see the pool but a nice option. Adjacent restaurant appeared good value and also option of other eateries for breakfast as well as convenient 7/11 and pharmacy on the corner. Not all taxi drivers/tour operators recognised the name of the hotel, however it was very easy to find. Enjoyable stay with a luxury feel for a bargain price!

1  Thank Ciara C
m-narinacom, Manager at M Narina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Ciara C,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and all your comments. I will share it with my collegues and we will do our best to improve our services.

Hope to see you soon again in our hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

ok it was cheap, 399 bahts per night...but is it worth it? i don t think so, reception not rude but unpleasant and unwilling to work, decent food in restaurant but half of the menu is unavailable.
good size room, good bed but noisy with the road just behind your window, many young people riding their bike like crazy.you ll need to keep your curtain closed all the time as there is view on another building like 5 meters away.
it s stated on booking website that they are 5 mn from beach and center, this is not true, i walk to the beach in 10mn and that s the bad part of patong beach where the waste water is.... so need to walk extra 10mn to get a proper clean piece of beach.
for the center , it s more like 20mn walk , through a construction road with a lot of dust.
in one word, YOU CAN FIND BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank danglover g
m-narinacom, Manager at M Narina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Danglover g,

Thank you for your comment about our hotel. All the comments from our guests help us to improve our services.

But there are some issues that are not related to our hotel, which completely out of our control. I will try to answer all issues because I don’t want any other people have bad impression about our lovely city Phuket Patong Beach and our hotel.

In June, we did a promotion for our Standard rooms (399 Bath per night 1 room) which was really cheap for the Phuket Market. Our target was to reach many people from many countries and we got ahead.

Sorry for the reception. I warned them to be carefull about their attitudes. Please accept my apologise behalf of them. I am sure they will be beter.

Happy to hear that you liked the food in our restaurant. For the menu, you are right that we are not serving some of the food because we are planning to change our kitchen. We will restore our restaurant until the new season and also we will change the menu as well with the new type of food. Next time you will find plenty of kinds.

Our hotel is located in the new part of the Patong, which all the hotels (around 50 hotels) in this region are built after 2004 after the Tsunami. As you notice there are many hotels in this area and they are so close to each other, because of the construction plan of the district, one side of the hotels look to the street, the other side look to the other hotel next to each other. Phuket Patong Beach is a small region and only in Patong there are more than 500 hotels, you cannot use very large land to built hotel. So this is out of our control, this complain is completely out of our service.

In Phuket, also in all Thailand main transportation vehicle is motor bikes, %90 of population in Phuket ride bikes. And %80 of tourists are renting bike when they come to Phuket. Now I am asking how we can control the bikes to pass slowly in front of our hotel. Most probably those ones are tourists like you whom enjoy Phuket. So this is another complain which is not related with our hotel.

The distances to the beach aprroximately 5 minutes we wrote to web booking system, it can be 7-8 minutes, if you walk slowly can be 10 minutes. But you are right that our hotel is not 5 minutes away from city centre Jungceylon and Bangla road, we wrote it wrong, it will take around 15 minutes by walking but if you don’t want to walk, with a taxi just 5 minutes which will cost 200 Bath. Thank you for your warning, we will change our hotel description text in the web pages. Sorry for the fault orientation.

Patong is a long beach and the most famous one in Phuket. But some of the times which is between june – october because of the heavy rains, the sea is wavy and it can be difficult to find a tranquil area to swim. Maybe you were there at that time. Normally in the season, summer times, people prefer the edge of the Patong beach which is very close to our hotel which more clean and tranquil. So this is again out of our control.

When you are walking to the centre from our hotel, there are many new constructions and some dirty part of the roads. I am sure until the season they will fix all of them. But this is Phuket island. It is normal to meet with bad road and dust or constructions. So out of our control.

Dear Danglover g, again we are sorry for the complains that caused by our hotel. I will share your comments with my collegues and next time when you come, we will do our best to make you pleased.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Got a great deal online to stay here for a short trip. It is a basic hotel not a resort but represents amazing value for money. It is clean throughout and room is good size and well maintained. Staff around the hotel are courteous and helpful.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LTKaw
m-narinacom, Manager at M Narina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear LTKaw,

We are glad that you enjoyed and satisfied your stay in M-Narina Hotel. Thank you very much for your nice and valuable comments. We would like to see you again at your next visit to Phuket..

Best Regrads

Sedat FIRAT

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Great quiet location (but a close enough 5 minute walk to Patong beach). The room I stayed in had a spacious bedroom and bathroom. The hotel faces the main road in a quiet area, amongst several other similar boutique hotels, so it was definitely hard to miss if you are driving by the main road. I stayed in Patong Princess for 3 nights and here for 1 night. Comparatively, while the Patong Princess is newer, modern and chic, the good part of M Narina is that it is slightly less expensive and is located at a more prominent spot in the area. Other than slight signs of wear and tear (scratches on walls, creaking cupboard, curtains were slightly used) and a little old-fashioned interior design inside the hotel, I have no complaints. Overall, I had a nice sleep as the sheets were nice and soft. The hotel room has a cable TV with a wide selection of international programmes. I stayed on the 2nd floor which connects to the next building by a roof and because of that one of the cats got up on the roof at night and I could hear it mewing. That's a minor point to keep in mind if you are light sleeper. I would stay here again if I came to Patong.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
m-narinacom, Manager at M Narina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Kamliyees

Thank you very much to take your time and share your comments in Tripadvisor.

All comments that we receive, help us to improve our services. I will share your comments with all my team. Next time we expect to accomodate you longer.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sedat Firat

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. It is within walking distance from Patong Beach where all the nightlife is - takes about 20 mins to walk, although the tuk tuk/taxi's are only 200baht.
The rooms are nice and cleaned everyday. The frosted glass screen between the bathroom and the bedroom is a little strange - especially if you are sharing with a friend! Staff were very helpful and there are computers available in the reception area to upload pics or Skype home if needed.
The pool upstairs is nice although the area around the pool could do with a little tidy up.
Water is provided in your fridge each day - however this is not free and you are charged when you check out for it.
For breakfast we walked just out of the hotel and on the right there is a lovely coffee shop which do great breakfasts and fresh croissants. The coffee is really good too - id recommend a visit to Coffeemania!
For the deal we had on Agoda, this hotel was cheap and exceeded expectations. I would stay here again next time I am in Patong!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kenyamtoto88

Thank you for your comment that you shared in Tripadvisor.

All the comments that we receive help us to improve our hotel and services. Me and my team do the best to give best service with the best prices.

When you come next time, you will enjoy your drinks at our pool bar which we will open soon.

We hope to see you back again soon for another stay.

Sedat Firat