“Just Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #184 of 316 Hotels in Patong
australia
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights in April,hotel is nice staff friendly but hotel is noisy had room 205 on 1st floor basic room, opposite our room was another hotel that had its kitchen laundry area that was very loud from early in the morning with the Thai staff and there children, Also could hear other guests in our hotel from other rooms and hallway.Ceiling fan was loud and rattled and aircon was noisy also. Breakfast was basic and pool was small but ok.Room was cleaned daily. I have stayed at many budget hotels in pa tong and would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have just got back from spending 13 nights at this hotel from the 6th or march, and it is a hidden gem in phuket,
The staff are always really helpful and freindly, and check in and out was very easy unlike in other hotels I have stayed at.

The room was a double and we were on the 4th floor with probally the best balcany, looking onto the mountains and the swimming pool, though you still do get some noise from the motorbikes but that is everywhere.
The room was always cleaned with fresh towels everyday and free bottles of water were also replaced everyday as well.

We never ate at the hotel, as we wanted to try local resturants and there are plenty of them around, but from what we seen the food looked nice.

Really would reccomend this hotel, and would stay here agian.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lewis H
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here for 8 days. Staff was friendly, hassle-free check-in and check-out, everything provided for: kitchen amenities were complete so I could cook in when I wanted, free water, tea and coffee sachets supplied everyday as were the bathroom toiletries. Cleaning was done everyday and there is a free computer to use near the lobby. Breakfast was plentiful and varied each morning.

Just a few things to keep in mind:
- this is a budget hotel and not everything is brand new e.g. blankets are worn but they are clean
- I was given a room overlooking the front road so it will be noisy; take earplugs if you are not used to it
- cleaning is done anywhere between 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. everyday. I once came back at 2.30 p.m. and my room hadn't been done yet so If you want your room cleaned in the morning remember to hang that sign saying you want your room cleaned now.
- I had no problems with mosquitoes but advise having a repellent anyway. There are 7-Eleven stores and pharmacies everywhere, so convenient!
- the hotel is about 15 minutes' walk to the Jungceylon mall, about 30 minutes to the beach
- Patong is very crowded. If you want a quiet beach vacation this is not the place. I came during peak season around the Chinese New Year so hotels were fully booked. It's probably quieter at other times.
- not everybody in the hotel or Phuket itself in general, will speak English but you can still get your message across
- you will get a higher rate on your dollars by using the exchanges on the streets outside the mall (shop around)

Some tips:
- I enjoyed the night market opposite the mall and the cheap foods being cooked there (although in general things are much cheaper in Thailand anyway). They start to set up around 6 p.m.
- I also signed up for the Island tours and highly recommend Similan - gorgeous blue waters there! So disappointed in Phi-Phi: it was so crowded and the water only came up to your knees, but maybe it will be better if you take a ferry so you can enjoy some snorkeling too.

I would probably choose Karon or Kata areas to stay if I come back - the beaches seem cleaner there. Still, the Thai are very friendly and with the beautiful sunny weather everyday, my holiday was unforgettable :)

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back, it's very noisy facing the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank amaranth_12
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have stayed for the past 16 days. We have 2 kids, 11 and 8. We don't really need much in accommodation, clean room, affordable, pool, good internet, friendly staff who can deal with minor issues. This is what we got at the Album Loft, so we were more than happy. We had a twin room, so the kids shared a bed and we shared the other. It has a nice pool. The hotel is on Nanai road, you can walk down a small side street to get to Jungceylon. We enjoyed this because you can see a bit of Thai's regular lives. My kids loved the cats and dogs which they could pat on the way. I refuse to use Tuk Tuk's because of their extortion, from this hotel we can get around quite easily on foot, only needing to have transport that is provided when taking tours.
The only negative about this hotel is that the breakfast is exactly the same everyday, a choice of American or Continental. I think that is a pretty small negative though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Happy with the property on the whole, only draw back was the restaurant which is as good as non-existant, but very cooperative staff clean rooms and a nice swimming pool, draw back no food joints close by

Room Tip: good as a bachelor pad....
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PraveenKumar C
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Album Loft is a very modern but comfortable hotel (you get more that what you pay for). We stayed in Thailand for three weeks traveling around from cost to cost. The first week we nearly stayed for a week in the Album Loft (which is pronounced Ali Bum Loft) and we had the best service in Thailand ever!!!. The night staff needed a little help with his English so we talked through translator on computer what a laugh!!! Once he knew what I was after he bent over backs to sort it for me. The rooms on the web site are what you get and more. There was free coffee and tea which was replaced daily, a free safe in every room, TV with various channels, FREE air-conditioning and a fan and free Wi Fi. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean. The bed was large and the bedding was so clean and crisp it was a delight to get back to the room after a day’s excursion. The swimming pool was a good size, clean and with a shower area. We enjoyed our stay that much we re-booked on our return to Phuket for three more days before traveling back to Bangkok. There is a 15 minute walk from the hotel to Phuket town, which is a little bit hilly however we enjoyed the walk it was our daily exercise. There are shops and bars on the way into the town and the hotel is away from the noise of lively Phuket. From the hotel in the opposite direction you can get a tuk tuk or a cab into Karen beach.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bev H
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

This year I have again stayed at The Album loft on two occasions. Once just for a two night stopover and the second time a stay that extended to over two weeks. The second stay started in a standard room and then due to limited room availablity I upgraded to a studio which was enormous and even more comfortable. The studio was on a higher floor so quieter and faced the mountains which was a lovely view from my balcony. The reception staff were once again so very halpful and patient with me changing my plans and extending my stay. The pool is such a lovely sanctuary in the heart of busy Patong. I look forward to my next stay here...

Room Tip: Quieter rooms towards the mountains, worth upgrading to Studio.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo